During our fakeaway series, we’ve also created some sweet treats! While we’ve noticed baking has become a serious trend during lockdown with banana cakes and experimental desserts, we found ourselves in jealously that we didn’t get to visit @chocofruituk, so in theme with our recreating we wanted to do the same with this beauty.
It was so fun creating this but seriously messy, which could also be a fun idea to create with the young ones at home or partner. It’s all so simple but the key is presentation – we tried our best to bring our creative juices!
Chocolate Covered Fruit
- handful Mini marshmallows
- handful Mini Smarties
- Millions and thousands sprinkles
- 100 g White chocolate melted
- 100 g Milk chocolate melted
- 2 Bananas chopped
- 5 Strawberries
- Barbecue sticks
- Chop your bananas in 4 pieces each and cut the top off the strawberries. Feed your fruit, alternating or which order your wish, through the barbecue sticks.
- Melt your chocolate in separate bowls in the microwave, 15 secs at a time, mixing in between sections, until fully melted.
- This is where your creative can fill, pour your melted chocolate over your fruit and drizzle the second chocolate across that layer. Use a spare barbecue stick tip to add extra design and/or to mix your drizzles into each other.
- For plating, decorate with your mini marshmallows, smarties and millions and thousands. Have fun with it and enjoy!
What sweet treats have you made this lockdown? Let us know in the comments below.