Miami: Where To Eat Dinner

As I sit in a West London coffee shop writing this, all I keep thinking about is “how the heck has it been a month since Miami already!?” Time travels incredibly fast when you have so much to look forward to but also a lot to look back on with amazing fondness. Miami is perhaps our favourite city we’ve ever visited and the food is a massive contributing factor to that. If you haven’t seen our breakfast and lunch posts then do check them out, but it’s time now to bring you the dinner and last food focused post from the trip.

The ultimate Mexican dinner at Diez y Seis, Miami Beach

Diez y Seis
1901 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

After a 10 hour flight from London, a quick browse around Collins Avenue and a stroll on South Beach, it was suddenly dinner time but we were happy to settle for average nearby to where we were staying. Out of pure luck we opted for the nearest Mexican, which happened to be Diez y Seis. It was hands down the best Mexican meal we’ve ever had. Set in the beautiful Shore Club hotel, we were sat on the outdoor patio under a full moon and with the background of an infinity swimming pool.

The ultimate Mexican dinner at Diez y Seis, Miami Beach

It was here we of course had our first taste of American customer service. It was impressive although we completely ignored our waiter’s recommendation of the smaller tapas dishes in favour of something more substantial. All three of our dishes – duck confit enchiladas, chicken tamales and truffle potatoes were truly outstanding, faultless and memorable. The meat was beautifully tender, the truffle on those potatoes were literally mouth watering the cheese was so stringy!

It got our Miami food adventures off to an unprecedented start and should we ever go back, we’d make it our first stop again. A little pricey, but worth every penny.

Tuna poke dinner and unique cocktails at Sweet Liberty, Miami Beach

Sweet Liberty
237 20th St Suite B, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

Another of our favourite dinner spots gave us a big help in doing exactly what is emblazoned across the interior walls. ‘Pursue Happiness,’ in bright pink neon is perhaps the most light you’ll find in Sweet Liberty, making it difficult to take decent photos of what was perfectly delicious and famous American cuisine. However the menu was sprinkled with global influence, Jessica opting for the above tuna poke bowl but it was perhaps the drinks menu that took centre stage here.

The bar shelves were impressively stacked with all that you could imagine, with the menu endlessly listing an extensive beer selection, all kinds of cocktails and rare spirits. It’s no wonder Sweet Liberty has found itself awarded place 21 in the list of The World’s 50 Best Bars – the accolade highlighting the fantastic food and hospitality, live music and atmosphere.

Delicious ramen and sushi dinner at Pubbelly, Miami Beach Delicious ramen and sushi dinner at Pubbelly, Miami Beach

Pubbelly Noodle Bar
1418 20th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

We’re not the first to give a shout out to Pubbelly Noodle Bar. Everywhere we looked for restaurant recommendations we seemed to come across this wonderful place. A noodle bar but with a separate sushi restaurant next door, we were initially in a dilemma as to which entrance to walk through. We needn’t have been as we were given the menu from both restaurants and made sure to capitalise on that, ordering both a ramen bowl each and some crispy salmon rolls to share.

Delicious ramen and sushi dinner at Pubbelly, Miami Beach

The open brickwork and dimly lit wall hanging spotlights deck out the bar with style but it doesn’t cover up how phenomenal the food is at all. The ramen has its own take on classic dishes but with creativity and outrageous amounts of flavours that cuddles the tummy with warmth, cooled down only by the impressive beer menu that Pubbelly boasts. However we didn’t go overboard with drinks on this particular occasion, as we planned to take the short walk to our next destination….

Cocktails overlooking the Miami Beach skyline at Juvia

Juvia
1111 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

Once you’ve been to any of the above spots, do make sure you’ve got time and some left over dollars for this rooftop bar. We’re not going to lie, we found out about this gem from a Love Island ‘star’s’ Instagram feed so we knew heading up the same lift as the celebs for our cocktails could burn a small hole. 44 dollars for two drinks… we were absolutely not getting a second round but as far as we’re concerned we may only be in Miami once and it made for some fantastic panoramic views of the glorious skyline. We sipped those drinks slowly!

Which of the four above restaurants stand out the most to you? Been to Miami and got any other recommendations? Share what you think down in the comments…

1. February 25, 2019 / 2:15 pm

Oh my gosh, now I’m Hungry!!
    All of this food (and the drinks) look amazing.
    I don’t think I could bring myself to pay that much for two drinks, but it sounds like there was a lovely view and that you had a great time.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

• foodandbaker
      Author
      February 26, 2019 / 8:52 pm

It was seriously tasty and there was defo not a chance there would be another round but we knew it had to be done!

Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

2. February 25, 2019 / 5:08 pm

Oh I haven’t had dinner yet and now I’m absolutely ravenous haha! These dishes all look incredible, especially the Mexican food! xx

• foodandbaker
      Author
      February 26, 2019 / 8:52 pm

The Mexican food was hands down the best we’ve ever had!

Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

3. February 25, 2019 / 5:09 pm

OMG! It is the end of the day so I am sort of getting hungry but seeing all the food was enough to get starving! All the food looks so delicious! Sounds like you had a blast in Miami!

• foodandbaker
      Author
      February 26, 2019 / 8:53 pm

We had the best time in Miami and all the food it had to offer!

Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

4. February 25, 2019 / 5:11 pm

Ohhhhh, I should not be reading this post before I have to make dinner, haha. The photos and your descriptions are making my mouth water so much! Alan and I went to Miami for a few days when we got married and I do remember the spectacular views from roof top bars so I’m going to say those cocktails are my favourites for all the happy memories they’ve just triggered! 🙂

Lisa | http://www.lisasnotebook.com

• foodandbaker
      Author
      February 26, 2019 / 8:54 pm

Awww that’s so lovely to hear, so glad we’ve triggered you happy memories!

Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

5. Jenny in Neverland
    February 25, 2019 / 5:21 pm

You know, I don’t think I’ve ever tried Mexican food before? It looks lovely though! But I’d go straight for the noodle bar and the sushi. I absolutely love sushi. Great post! Sad to see the end of these Miami food posts!

Jenny

• foodandbaker
      Author
      February 26, 2019 / 8:55 pm

Sushi is amazing but honestly, Mexican food was so good – you have to try!

Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

6. February 25, 2019 / 5:30 pm

I never knew that there was such good food to be found in Miami, Florida. I live on the east coast of the U.S. so it’s actually pretty easy and not too expensive for us to get there – so will definitely add this to my travel wish list. I especially enjoyed your photographs – they literally made my mouth water!
    Joan Senio
    My Best Friend Adeline

• foodandbaker
      Author
      February 26, 2019 / 8:56 pm

Omg you have to visit – you must! Especially with it being so close and inexpensive for you to visit!

Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

7. February 25, 2019 / 6:46 pm

I’ve been loving reading about your amazing Miami foodie adventures! You always seem to locate the very best spots! Wow, a noodle bar and sushi restaurant all in one, that would be my dream, I love both of those! Your blog always makes me so hungry! Thanks for sharing and glad you had such a great time! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• foodandbaker
      Author
      February 26, 2019 / 8:58 pm

So glad to know you have been, thank you for your support always! Couldn’t help ourselves to having both ramen and sushi!

Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

8. February 28, 2019 / 5:45 pm

This all looks SO good. I’ve really enjoyed your Miami posts. It’s always a shame when you’ve looked forward to something for so long then it’s suddenly over. I’ve been a bit ill this week and reading this has actually made me slightly hungry so thanks for giving me my appetite back 😂 x

Sophie

• foodandbaker
      Author
      April 2, 2019 / 12:29 pm

It ended all so fast but we’re so glad that we went and ate all these good foods! Hahaha hope you’re all better now!

Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

9. March 2, 2019 / 3:12 am

Mmm, the meal from Diez y Seis looks delicious! You can never go wrong with Mexican food. The poke looks super delicious as well! Oooh, I really like how the ramen turned out. Thanks for the recommendations! Gotta check these out when I get my butt out to Miami :).

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

• foodandbaker
      Author
      April 2, 2019 / 12:30 pm

Yes, please do! Miami has so much foodie places and we’d defo recommend them all!

Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

10. April 5, 2019 / 1:04 pm

We had a short stay in Miami, just to see what it was like really! We enjoyed the beach but the city didn’t wow us. Maybe we went to the wrong areas but I’d probably go back to see if it was a fluke.

We ate at a place called the Naked Taco. It was amazing, and you got tequila as your starter. Margaritas there packed a punch I can tell you!

Your food photos are stunning and make me hungry looking at them!!