Event: Peddler Market – Kelham Island, Sheffield

After living in Kelham Island for nearly two years, it seemed nothing short of ridiculous that we had never been to Peddler Market. After only hearing amazing things and with this month’s event being our last chance to go before moving down to London, we made sure we took the opportunity along with some friends to check out the hype!

On the face of it Peddler is set in quite an odd location – 92 Burton Rd is an ex-industrial site and is still surrounded by steel centred suburbia. However it does represent the beginning stages of Kelham Island’s regeneration, and they’re doing a fantastic job of it!

The surrounding courtyard is already home to a mix of independent retail businesses including The Depot Bakery, Nether Edge Pizza Company and Kelham Arcade, but on the first weekend of every month both the indoor warehouse and outdoor courtyard are filled to the brim with local traders and hundreds of folk looking for a slice of the action!

If there is a downside, it’s the queue to get in but on a hot (by Sheffield standards) Saturday night we expected nothing less and brought our patience with us. Once in we scanned the scene, evaluating our options but that was quickly brought to a halt when we stumbled upon the halloumi fries and grilled cheese sandwich stall.

The bad boy you see above was filled with beef, spice and the stringiest of cheeses. The fingers got a little bit messy, but it was totally worth it and the halloumi fries were the stuff of dreams too. After a drink or two at the bar, a stroll around the art section and much indecision about where to eat next, we opted to end with a Thai green curry. As you can see and imagine, it was full of flavour and the below veggie option looked pretty appetising too!

It was an amazing and alternative way to spend a spring weekend evening that left us wishing that we’d come a long time ago! The amazing food, drink, art and music gave off such great vibes and that of which we will definitely plan to experience again when we visit this wonderful city in the future.

You can also find us on:

1. Andi Matzen
    May 14, 2018 / 4:05 pm

Oh my god, my mouth is actually watering – halloumi fries are my absolute favourite and I love a good grilled cheese sandwich.. 😍 This sounds like a wonderful way to spend an evening, although I doubt I’d stop at one portion of halloumi fries! 😂🤷🏼‍♀️Andi | http://www.andthenzen.co.uk

May 24, 2018 / 5:52 pm

This was the first time trying it and we are in love!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

2. What Corinne Did
    May 14, 2018 / 4:18 pm

oh my god! how fabulous does that look! mouth watering! you're getting me all hungry and already ditching my healthy eating habits promises ahah

May 24, 2018 / 5:52 pm

So mouth watering! Forget the healthy eating, I'll love off these fries!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

3. Roxie Watt
    May 14, 2018 / 4:20 pm

Everything looks so delicious. I absolutely love halloumi fries. Sounds like a lovely way to spend an evening.Roxie | thebeautifulbluebird.com

May 24, 2018 / 5:54 pm

Such a great way to spend the evening, on a nice summers day with some friends right?Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

4. Antonia
    May 14, 2018 / 4:26 pm

This post just made me so hungry. Market food is the best. Antonia || Sweet Passions

May 24, 2018 / 5:54 pm

Love some market food, although it could be such a hit and miss!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

5. Holly Aisthorpe
    May 14, 2018 / 4:40 pm

Oh my all of this food looks incredible! I'm still yet to try halloumi fries which is crazy considering how much I love cheese! I'm obsessed with curries so I would have definitely gone for the Thai green curry too it looks delicious!

May 24, 2018 / 5:55 pm

Omg you will fall in love with them! This was our first try and we want it forever!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

6. Anna
    May 14, 2018 / 5:30 pm

I should not have read this right before lunch. It all looks so good! Especially the grilled cheese sandwich.

May 24, 2018 / 5:55 pm

Hahaha ooops! We should have a warning sign in the beginning!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

7. Tasha Dudek
    May 14, 2018 / 5:52 pm

Ooh I love street/market food like this, the halloumi fries look amazing!!

May 24, 2018 / 5:55 pm

I know right, how can we resist?Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

May 24, 2018 / 5:56 pm

I'm hungry now and having all the feels for those fries again!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

8. Lisa McLachlan
    May 14, 2018 / 8:23 pm

OMG, I'm so glad I've eaten already, your photos are just AMAZING, my mouth is watering all over again! Those halloumi fries are to die for, I'm going to have to buy some halloumi and TRY to make some myself now, haha! Lisa | http://www.lisasnotebook.com

May 24, 2018 / 5:57 pm

Omg we were thinking about trying to make them at home too but we don't want to ruin it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

9. MJ Mwenebungu
    May 15, 2018 / 10:56 am

All the food honestly just looks amazing and phenomenal! Definitely looking up some markets up here in Scotland!MJ xwww.beeingyou.co.uk

May 24, 2018 / 5:58 pm

Yes, please do and feel free to share with us! Any reason to go back to Scotland for us!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

10. Farrah Aslam
    May 15, 2018 / 3:03 pm

Seeing those Halloumi fries made me instantly click on this lol and now I am craving Halloumi so much! They look amazing! I'm genuinely going to pick some Halloumi up on my way home now haha. XFarrah | http://www.farrahaslam.com

May 24, 2018 / 5:58 pm

They were so amazing! Now I'm seriously tempted to make them but I'm scared I'll ruin it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

11. Ashlee Moyo
    July 15, 2018 / 1:33 pm

Another yummy post! Halloumi fries! For a cheese lover like myself, this perfect!Ashleeashleemoyo.comyoutube.com/ashleemoyo

August 7, 2018 / 4:10 pm

OMG have you had them before? YOU WOULD LOVE THEM!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕