Restaurant: Craft & Dough – Kelham Island, Sheffield

Crafty Cuts – Braised Beef, Pepperoni, Balsamic Red Onion,
San Marzano Tomato, Mozzarella & Parmesan – £9.50

If you search hard enough, you’ll find a fair few Craft & Dough posts on Food & Baker, but looking back on them, none of it does this wonderful place any kind of justice. With one on Campo Lane but our favourite spot of their’s in the upcoming area of Kelham Island, it encapsulates all that is great about Sheffield’s independent restaurant scene.

It’s all in the name – craft beer and dough pizza, so starting things off with a Beavertown Neck Oil beer seemed like the right way to go. I, James am a massive fan of IPA’s so if you are too, this one comes highly recommended. The bar shelves are full of unfamiliar bottles and cans, which is what makes this place different from any other bar or restaurant in the city. On draught is everything from their own Craft & Dough lager to the more common Estrella and the lesser known Konig Ludwig – which is what I opted for later on in the evening.

Filthy Fries – Fries, Mozzarella, Nduja, Balsamic Red Onions
Spring Onions, Parmesan – £4.50

Along with the Apple & Elderflower Collins from their extensive cocktail menu, we chose to share the Nduja 2 and all time classic of Craft Cuts. The latter was recently voted one of the thirteen best pizzas in the UK in the National Pizza Awards, and it’s clear to see why. The braised beef and pepperoni on the hand stretched and freshly prepared dough will have us back here time and time again.

The second generation of the Nduja pizza also went down a treat. Now with fried potato, cream cheese and stilton, it takes what is another favourite to another level and epitomises the unusual and unique toppings and combinations you cannot find anything else.

Nduja 2 – Spicy Calabrian Sausage, Cream Cheese, Fried
Potato, San Marzano Tomato, Mozzarella, Stilton
& Kale – £9.50

Just when you thought things can’t any better, the filthy fries with even more nduja, spring onions and red onions were perfectly spicy and enticing. It was hard not to be drawn into having our usual herb salt fries option, but we’re glad we did!

A massive thank you to everyone at Craft & Dough and special shout out to Johnny for looking after us so well!

Food: ★★★★

Customer service: ★★★★★

Atmosphere: ★★★★★

Toilets: ★★★

You can also find us on:

May 17, 2018 / 5:17 pm

Can't beat a great independent pizza place!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

1. Holly Aisthorpe
    April 12, 2018 / 4:05 pm

Wow 😍All of this food looks amazing but those filthy fries 😋they are a bit of me!

May 17, 2018 / 5:18 pm

Ughhhh the fries are everything!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

2. Em
    April 12, 2018 / 4:05 pm

Oooo all of this looks amazing!! Love the sound of filthy fries ahaha! xEm // http://Emilybecca.com

May 17, 2018 / 5:18 pm

It tastes just as good as they sound!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

3. Andi Matzen
    April 12, 2018 / 4:09 pm

Oh my word, the food here looks absolutely incredible – the first pizza is actually my dream pizza, and the filthy fries look so good.. 😍 If I’m ever in the area, this is definitely on my list of places to eat! 🙊Andi | http://www.andthenzen.co.uk

May 17, 2018 / 5:19 pm

Yes, if you ever find yourself in Sheffield – this is a must visit! You will not regret it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

4. Zoe Jackson
    April 12, 2018 / 4:14 pm

OMGoodness these all look delicious. I want to go here, actually I correct myself I want to live here with all that delicious looking food!

May 17, 2018 / 5:19 pm

Haahahah we were very lucky to have this just at our doorstep all these years!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

5. Susanne
    April 12, 2018 / 4:19 pm

Oh dear, this looks so delicious!! I would love to try the Filthy Fries – right up my street. Yummie

May 17, 2018 / 5:20 pm

Anything with fries, all the toppings are just bonus and my oh my!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

6. Steffani Biolchini
    April 12, 2018 / 4:19 pm

Nice review! I’m starving now 🤤

May 17, 2018 / 5:20 pm

I'm craving it all again now!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

7. Anonymous
    April 12, 2018 / 4:42 pm

If I wasn't hungry before, I am now!! The pizza's and fries look amazing and the bar sounds incredible. I love place's like this, that aren't mainstream where you can find new flavour's, beverage's etc. Great review.Emma x emmarollason.com

May 17, 2018 / 5:20 pm

Exactly, that's why we love visiting and supporting small businesses!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

8. MJ Mwenebungu
    April 12, 2018 / 4:48 pm

Oh my goodness! The food looks absolutely amazing😍😍😍 I always go on and off pizza but today this post has made me crave it🙈 Great post again guys!MJ Xwww.beeingyou.co.uk

May 17, 2018 / 5:21 pm

Pizza is always a good idea, but I get what you mean – it can be something you can have at certain times but you cannot resist them once you have them once!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

9. Melanie Fraser
    April 12, 2018 / 5:51 pm

This looks and sounds AMAZING! Usually when I visit Sheffield I have the kids with me and this definitely sounds like a grown up place to eat! Thanks for sharing- and making me hungry!Melanie | http://www.frasersfunhouse.com

May 17, 2018 / 5:22 pm

This would even be suitable for kids too – they have great children's portions, as well as a casual place for a date!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

10. Seeking Sammy
    April 12, 2018 / 5:53 pm

Now I need to visit Sheffield so that I can eat all of this! The chips look absolutely amazing as well as the pizza!

May 17, 2018 / 5:22 pm

Sheffield is a great place to visit for every independent place!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

11. Sophie Wentworth
    April 13, 2018 / 4:11 pm

This all look delicious! I love balsamic red onions on pizza. Great review, brilliant photos too! x Sophie http://www.glowsteady.co.uk

May 17, 2018 / 5:23 pm

All the toppings on the pizza was amazing!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

12. Amikatie
    April 15, 2018 / 11:32 am

Those chips look so good! I'm so visiting there next time I'm in Sheffield. Thanks for a great review. Katie xxwww.amikatie.com

May 17, 2018 / 5:23 pm

Please do! Let us know if and when you do because I really want them too now!

13. Michael
    April 15, 2018 / 4:57 pm

quite impressive !! thank you for this recommendation

May 17, 2018 / 5:23 pm

Very impressive!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

14. Girl Masked
    April 23, 2018 / 12:59 pm

The pizza looks delicious especially with all that yummy cheese! Fried potatoes sound too!

May 17, 2018 / 5:24 pm

These pizzas are everything, honestly!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

15. The Sunday Mode
    April 26, 2018 / 12:54 pm

This place looks awesome, all of the food looks super tasty!Julia // The Sunday Mode

May 17, 2018 / 5:24 pm

It honestly was very tasty, such a great place!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

April 29, 2018 / 11:49 am

Please can I get a portion of those heavenly filthy fries dropped off at my house immediately?! They look to die for, and I'm not surprised that this place has featured on your blog so many times, I think I would be a regular there too if I were based in Sheffield! I must admit that potato on a pizza is a little bit of an odd one in my opinion, although the combination with Stilton and kale makes it sound incredibly good! The fact that they have an extensive cocktail menu means that this place is right up my alley as well!Abbey xxhttp://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

May 17, 2018 / 5:25 pm

Omg, if they did delivery I would be all over that! Haha some of the toppings do sound crazy but I can say they do tase so good, every single one of them!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕