Copenhagen: Hotel Kong Arthur

After an extremely early start and a short flight over from Gatwick to our weekend destination of Copenhagen, we needed a hotel to access quickly and get on with our time here. Luckily, it took us just 25 mins to get from CPH airport to Hotel Kong Arthur, and despite it being before 10am, our room was available to check into.

This start was symbolic of our short stay in this beautiful hotel – seamless, easy and pure quality.

We hadn’t even got to the hotel yet and we were already walking on water! Walking along the nearby frozen Copenhagen lakes, we had a sense that the hotel and Copenhagen as a whole was going to be one to remember.

We approached the grand Kong Arthur along a cobbled alley and when the oakwood door swung open to welcome us in, we felt the hygge concept sweep through us in an instant. The comfy sofas, fireplaces and grand pianos created an atmosphere of tranquility and sophistication like never before.

We were lucky enough to be staying in one of their amazing Double Superior rooms, which seemed large enough not only for us, but for a whole family. We had a fantastic and peaceful night’s sleep, and used all the basic but elegant amenities of the TV, sofas, desk, chair and luxury bathroom.

We just wish that we were able to stay longer and check out the full range of facilities that the Kong Arthur has to offer. Along with what looks like a beautiful spa and water temple, they also offer bike rental, car rental, running sessions and a range of unique events.

We made sure not to miss out on one thing though – and that is cosy hour. Free drink of your choice from the bar every day between 5 and 6pm – why not!?

However perhaps the number one memory from staying here will be the breakfast! We enjoyed it so much that we only came away with one snap…

They had it all… from sausages, eggs and bacon, a wide selection of breads, cheeses and even somewhere to make your own hot waffles! Overlooking the beautifully snowy courtyards we found ourselves going back for more and more, unsurprisingly still full by lunch time. It certainly set us up for a full day of exploring the city.

We always say that on breaks away, the hotel isn’t that important to us. Usually, it’s all about spending the time outdoors and seeing what our destination has to offer. However, whilst our priorities stayed in order, this medieval themed hotel completed an amazing weekend in an amazing city. It made everything that extra bit more memorable and if we ever return to Copenhagen, we’ll most certainly be returning to Hotel Kong Arthur.

Disclaimer: we were given one complimentary night’s stay at Hotel Kong Arthur in exchange for an honest review.However as always, all pictures and views are our own.

You can also find us on:

1. Girl Masked
    March 14, 2018 / 7:23 pm

That hotel sounds and looks amazing. It looks really well furnished and so clean. Glad you's had a good stay there. The cosy hour is a fab idea! I love how the hotel has so many things organised too!

March 20, 2018 / 1:28 am

The hotel was honestly amazing, definitely one of the best we've ever stayed at!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

2. Alisha Valerie Gerrard
    March 15, 2018 / 11:46 am

This hotel looks so stunningly beautiful, I adore places that are gorgeous when I travel as it makes me feel so relaxed and give me a comfortable stay. Thank you for sharing, I adore your travel blog posts 🌸✨With love, Alisha Valerie x | http://www.alishavalerie.com

March 20, 2018 / 1:31 am

It was the cherry on top to our lovely stay in Copenhagen!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

3. Sophie Wentworth
    March 15, 2018 / 5:05 pm

This place looks absolutely incredible! I love the style of decor and all of your images from Copenhagen look amazing. Officially on the list! x Sophie http://www.glowsteady.co.uk

March 20, 2018 / 1:32 am

The decor was stunning, we'd highly recommend staying here!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

4. Womanish Affairs
    March 15, 2018 / 5:12 pm

The hotel looks beautiful. It looks cosy. I've never been Copenhagen before but it's on my list of places to visit. Thanks for sharing. Sabah || womanishaffairs.org

March 20, 2018 / 1:33 am

This is the cosiest place for a city who celebrates cosy hour!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

5. Andi Matzen
    March 15, 2018 / 5:14 pm

I love the decor in the hotel – it looks so beautiful! I love how the breakfast was presented as well, such an interesting way and that bacon looks delicious.. 😍 Andi | http://www.andthenzen.co.uk

March 20, 2018 / 1:35 am

The breakfast was actually amazing, the hotel overall was simply amazing!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

6. Tea Time With Ciara
    March 15, 2018 / 5:17 pm

The hotel looks amazing! I'd love to go to Denmark! There seems like there is so much to explore there! This is making me want to go on holiday!Ciara | teatimewithciara.com

March 20, 2018 / 1:41 am

Yasss take that holiday, we'd definitely visiting Denmark!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

7. Amy S
    March 15, 2018 / 5:23 pm

This looks absolutely gorgeous, and your stay sounds amazing 😍😍. I love that you were allowed to check in so early too, I hate it when you need to wait till late afternoon!Amy xxwww.goldenbooksgirl.wordpress.com

March 20, 2018 / 2:01 am

We were lucky to be able to check in early, definitely made out stay so much easier!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

8. Sinead
    March 15, 2018 / 5:24 pm

How cute and cozy! …I now also really want eggs and bacon after seeing those pics 😂Sinead | https://sincerelysinead.com/

March 20, 2018 / 2:02 am

So so cosy, we hope to return again one day!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

9. MJ Mwenebungu
    March 15, 2018 / 5:54 pm

This hotel looks absolutely amazing!! The pictures are beautiful too! Putting it on my list of places to visit in europe for sure! MJhttp://www.beeingyou.co.uk

March 20, 2018 / 2:08 am

The hotel was beautiful! We'd love to go back and visit for longer!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

March 15, 2018 / 6:12 pm

Oh wow! This hotel certainly does look beautiful, the perfect place to go back to after a busy day of exploring! Your photos are gorgeous too, as always 😍Hayley Lifethroughtsg.com

March 20, 2018 / 8:06 am

it was so pleasing and we wish we had more time to spend there!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

11. Mary Lane @NewYorkCliche
    March 15, 2018 / 8:06 pm

Love the red window frames outside your window! And wowza those breakfast cups look soooo amazing for a quick and easy meal! Kong Arthur makes me think of a mashup or King Kong and King Arthur 🙂

March 20, 2018 / 8:07 am

It was a pretty view, as well as a pretty room! The breakfast was defo the best thing!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

12. Kelsey Kate
    March 15, 2018 / 8:08 pm

I was almost going to stay here when I went to copenhagen in Jan. I did a blog post on where I stayed in Copenhagen as well :)Great Post

March 20, 2018 / 8:08 am

Oh really? Will check out your post to see where you stayed instead!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

13. MJ
    March 15, 2018 / 8:54 pm

I always feel like I’m at these places when I read your posts and see your pictures! As usual I now want to go to this place!! Loving the interior decor!KeepingupwithMJ.com

March 20, 2018 / 8:10 am

Aww that's such a lovely compliment! The interior was gorgeous!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

14. Katie TJ
    March 15, 2018 / 9:16 pm

This place looks amazing x

March 20, 2018 / 8:13 am

It was truly amazing!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

March 19, 2018 / 10:04 pm

Oh my god how beautiful is this hotel!? It looks so stunning! The breakfast for sure sounds like one to remember, anywhere that has its own waffle making station is a winner for me! Kate x http://www.findingkate.co

March 20, 2018 / 8:30 am

I know right, the waffle making station was amazing! Now I wish we were back there!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

March 19, 2018 / 11:05 pm

Oh wow, I feel like I need to book a visit to Copenhagen immediately just to stay at this hotel! I absolutely love the decor, everything looks so classy and well thought out, you can tell when a lot of time and effort has gone into hotel interiors and this ticks pretty much every box! I'm so impressed purely from the description of the breakfast, as Kate says above, a waffle making station has got to be a hit! Cosy hour is an inspired idea too, and not just because of the free drinks either! I bet it's a wonderful occasion to be in the hotel bar mingling with lots of people merry on their free booze, it must create such a charming atmosphere! I must admit that a medieval themed hotel did initially conjure up thoughts of sleeping on a hay bale alongside a peasant with a tankard of ale clutched in one hand and a sword in the other but this hotel has definitely proved me wrong! So glad you enjoyed your stay!Abbey xx

March 20, 2018 / 8:49 am

We couldn't recommend Copenhagen enough, let alone this hotel! It's honestly one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in, wish we had longer time to spend there! The cosy hour was defo the cherry on top, such a beautiful touch!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

17. Ashlee Moyo
    March 20, 2018 / 11:29 pm

Wow! This hotel is absolutely stunning, definitely somewhere I would love to stay! A waffle making station, my goodness! I honestly would want to visit Copenhagen just to stay at Hotel Kong Arthur!Ashlee | ashleemoyo.com

March 22, 2018 / 1:25 pm

It's honestly in the top best hotels we've stayed in. Amazing experience and service!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

18. secondstartotheright
    March 27, 2018 / 11:37 pm

Copenhagen is at the top of my list of places I wanna go! This looks utterly gorgeous! Jennyhttp://www.jennyinneverland.com