Afternoon Tea: Lounge on 12 – Spinningfields, Manchester

Our Lisbon posts have come to an end, but fear not, we are back in the not so sunny Manchester for something we haven’t done in too long – have some Afternoon Tea!

We headed up to Chester to spend some early birthday celebrations with the family and to start the weekend we took the short trip for what has actually been so long awaited. James and I purchased a gift card for his parents to have tea here at Manchester House for Christmas, and they very kindly returned the favour for our birthday presents so we could all go together. That was nearly a year ago, and finally we found the chance to come.

Upon arrival we took the lift up to floor 12 where we expected some spectacular views of the city but unfortunately we couldn’t see further than the nearby office blocks. It was a shame but we tried to ignore that and focus on what was to come, and looking around us and seeing the range on the Afternoon Tea selection confirmed we were in for a real treat!

We opted for the classic Afternoon Tea for £25 per person which included assorted sandwiches, scones and strawberry jam
with clotted cream, a s
election of pastries and cakes and a choice of tea or coffee.

The presentation was terrific and each item was divine with it’s own taste and complimentary to the next. We would have liked to have seen more savoury items as it did have more sweet treats on the top tier, but that didn’t take away how delicious it all was.

With every Afternoon Tea we have, we always look and think it won’t be able to fill us up, but as always, we were certainly more than satisfied. There will never be a better way to spend a relaxing Saturday afternoon!

Food: ★★★

Customer service: ★★

Atmosphere: ★★★

Toilets: ★★

You can also find us on:

February 4, 2018 / 12:58 pm

I’m agreed with you on the presentation of this afternoon tea, everything looks scrumptious! I do like my sweet and savoury portions of a meal to be quite balanced as well, so I would probably have liked a few more savoury options too! The little pots with the wafers sticking out look really tasty, I definitely would’ve enjoyed tucking in to those! If I’m ever in Manchester, I’ll have to give this place a look! Abbey 💚 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

February 5, 2018 / 4:53 pm

The presentation was fantastic and the treats def matched! Defo needed more savoury bits but we were very content!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

2. Alisha Valerie Gerrard
    February 4, 2018 / 1:33 pm

Afternoon tea is one of my favourite things ever!! I love that you've experienced this in Manchester, I've spent so many good days and nights in this city. I hope you do more visits to Manchester so I can read about where you go and what you get up to. Thank you for sharing 🌸💜✨With love, Alisha Valerie. xwww.alishavalerie.com | http://www.twitter.com/alishavalerie

February 5, 2018 / 4:54 pm

Same here, we do love a good Afternoon Tea session! We've been to Manchester a few times, but we def will be back to explore more of what it has to offer!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

3. Corinne & Kirsty
    February 4, 2018 / 8:04 pm

The presentation of this afternoon too is incredible! Everything looks amazing! so fancy and luxurious! and that food! oh em gee! xx corinne

February 5, 2018 / 4:54 pm

Definitely luxurious, so pretty and so tasty!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

4. Lea H
    February 4, 2018 / 8:09 pm

OMG this looks so nice and by the sound of it it was even nicer to eat! Now I really, really want an afternoon tea! Lea, xx

February 5, 2018 / 4:55 pm

Yes it was so so good to eat, so sweet and fulfilling! We can't wait for our next Afternoon Tea adventure!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

5. Chloe Harriet
    February 4, 2018 / 8:10 pm

Oh this looks so delicious! I wish I lived near by so I could visit 🙂 xhttp://www.chloeharriets.com/

February 5, 2018 / 4:55 pm

It's worth looking into to take a trip for! Make a day of it in Manchester!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

6. La dame chat
    February 4, 2018 / 8:13 pm

My mouth got watery all the food especially the one that is like stuffed (is it scone?) looks so damn delicious!Michelle| http://www.brokebutflawless.com

February 5, 2018 / 4:56 pm

Wouldn't be a complete Afternoon Tea experience without a scone!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

7. Pinkiebag Pinkiebag
    February 4, 2018 / 8:17 pm

Wow the presentation of this afternoon tea looks amazing and trust me I have had a few. I am used to having a more tradiotional version though.

February 5, 2018 / 4:57 pm

We've had many different kinds, nothing beats a traditional one but these fancy ones are equally as good!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

8. Rachel Sargent
    February 4, 2018 / 8:21 pm

This look absolutely delicious! If I’m ever in Manchester I’ll have to go

February 5, 2018 / 4:57 pm

Yes, pls do, such a great place during the sunnier days!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

9. Sophie Wentworth
    February 4, 2018 / 8:25 pm

You're right about the presentation. They look divine setup like that! Shame that place wasn't quite on par with the quality of the food xSophiewww.glowsteady.co.uk

February 5, 2018 / 4:58 pm

The service could have been improved but the treats were totally worth it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

10. Lisabeth Westwood
    February 4, 2018 / 8:31 pm

Oh wow, that looks delicious! I love afternoon tea, it such a relaxing way to spend a Saturday.

February 5, 2018 / 4:58 pm

A great way to start off the weekend right?Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

11. Melanie Fraser
    February 4, 2018 / 8:35 pm

This looks delicious my mouth is watering ! Hubby and I keep promising to treat ourselves to an afternoon tea we really must get round to it!Melanie | http://www.frasersfunhouse.com

February 5, 2018 / 5:02 pm

You really should, we love a good Afternoon Tea session, we'd love to know where you go!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

12. blacktulipbeauty
    February 4, 2018 / 8:36 pm

Oh my this looks absolutely gorgeous! I always love afternoon tea and it's such a lovely experience with all the different tasters and finger food! Makes me feel super posh haha!Alice Xxwww.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

February 5, 2018 / 5:03 pm

Hahaha I feel the same, it doesn't make me feel very sophisticated! Defo a treat!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

13. Kara Michael-Brown
    February 4, 2018 / 8:54 pm

Ooh I love Spinningfields! It’s so lovely there. The afternoon tea looks mouthwatering! It’s such good value for money. Just can’t wait until I go back there again.Kara x | http://www.karachelsie.com

February 5, 2018 / 5:03 pm

Thank you so much, it was so well presented and tasted so good!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

14. Ayse Demir
    February 4, 2018 / 9:35 pm

This afternoon tea looks amazing and to tasty!! I’ve never had afternoon before but it sounds and looks so good! Lovely photos too! Xx Ayse

February 5, 2018 / 5:04 pm

You must have Afternoon Tea, you'd love it so much! Defo for an occasion or if you're feeling to treat yourself!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

15. kateejessicayoung
    February 4, 2018 / 11:11 pm

Your photography is amazing! Also I love afternoon tea, I should have it again soon xxwww.itsbetterkatethannever.blogspot.co.uk

February 5, 2018 / 5:04 pm

Thank you, glad you think so! Do let us know where you go, we'd love so recommendations!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

February 11, 2018 / 7:48 pm

Every time I read one of your London posts, I can't believe you've managed to find another hidden gem I didn't know anything about! This place looks divine, and your photography is amazing as ever guys!Kate xhttp://www.findingkate.co

February 13, 2018 / 9:18 pm

I wish this was in London, but it's in Manchester!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

17. The Lilac Linnet
    March 9, 2018 / 6:30 pm

Oh my good heavens, this looks so scrumptious, makes me want to get the next train to Manchester!