Restaurant: Gail’s Bakery – Queen’s Park, London

On a cold and crisp Wednesday morning with a multitude of bags and ready to head back up North, my time in London would only become complete with a trip to Gail’s. I’m going to miss it! A stone throw away from Queen’s Park station is what has become our favourite London coffee shop and bakery, and it’s a real wonder we haven’t written about it before.

The moment you step in to this wonderful place you feel the aura of luxury, quality, and the most dreamy smell of fresh bread. Using the finest and natural ingredients, every item sold is made fresh each and every day on site and they use their own blend of house coffee. It comes at a slightly higher price than your average coffee chain or independent, but we have and never will doubt its worth.

A special shout out to their Chai Latte, which we think is perfect in terms of strength and sweetness – and finding a good Chai isn’t as easy as you might think! From the window display of sourdough loafs and baguettes, to the fridges of yoghurt pots and shelves of sausage rolls, the endless options has had us coming back time and time again, and we’re definitely still not done! We are yet to try their breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea menus so expect more to come of Gail’s in 2018!

Food: ★★★

Coffee: ★★

Customer service: ★★

You can also find us on:

January 8, 2018 / 2:20 pm

This post is so gorgeously written, I really got a feel for this wonderful coffee stop off! Walking through the doors and inhaling the delicious scent of fresh bread is enough to make your mouth water, even if you're just imagining it like me! So glad you've found it to be worth the price as well – good quality, fresh and natural food coupled a lovely ambience really is worth a few extra pennies!Abbey xx

January 18, 2018 / 8:56 pm

It was really easy to write about such an amazing place and James has a way with words! Def worth the pennies, but not an everyday thing!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

2. Mary Lane New York Cliche
    January 8, 2018 / 5:08 pm

Wow this looks so so yummy I’m glad I’m on lunch reading this or I might lick my phone screen�� That almond croissant looks so perfect and flaking I feel like I can almost taste it from thousands of miles away. So lovely! Mary Lane @NewYorkClicheHttp://newyorkcliche.com

3. Pinkiebag Pinkiebag
    January 8, 2018 / 5:14 pm

Hi, sometimes it is just worth paying a little extra the drinks and croissant look so inviting. I am not surprised that you will miss it.

January 18, 2018 / 9:13 pm

It'll always be a good treat for when we do again!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

4. Alice Jane
    January 8, 2018 / 5:16 pm

Those yoghurt pots look amazing! I'll certainly head there if I'm ever in the area. Sausage rolls and baguettes are enough to persuade me to go to any cafe and this cafe looks amazing!ALiceLive Life, Love Life and Laugh Through It! adventuresofanarrow.co.ukxx

January 18, 2018 / 9:16 pm

Don't usually go for those pots anywhere else, but in here, they are so worth it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

5. Hello Bexa
    January 8, 2018 / 5:23 pm

You take such beautiful photos and the food always looks & sounds so delicious! The croissant looks so appetising and I do like a good chai latte myself. Gail’s sounds like the perfect coffee shop & bakery! Great review <3 xxBexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

January 18, 2018 / 9:19 pm

Aw thank you so much! Love a good Chai latte!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

6. secondstartotheright
    January 8, 2018 / 5:25 pm

I've never been here but these photos certainly make me want to! All this looks gorgeous and I'm totally a breakfast person! <3Jennyhttp://www.jennyinneverland.com

January 18, 2018 / 9:23 pm

You definitely should, so worth the trip for breakfast!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

7. Sophie Wentworth
    January 8, 2018 / 5:37 pm

Your photos look so good and I agree, nothing smells better than freshly baked goods! x Sophie http://www.glowsteady.co.uk

January 18, 2018 / 9:29 pm

Ugh the smell of freshly baked goods are so good, just as good as eating them!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

8. Alisha Valerie Gerrard
    January 8, 2018 / 6:37 pm

The Chai latte sounds so wonderful! I may try and pop in there if I'm ever in London and see if they do vegan stuff too! Thanks for sharing 💜✨With love, Alisha Valerie. xwww.alishavalerie.com | http://www.twitter.com/alishavalerie

January 18, 2018 / 9:31 pm

The Chai latte from Gail's is one of the best I've had in London!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

9. Han Armstrong
    January 19, 2018 / 7:03 pm

This all looks so yummy, definitely somewhere that I would like to try out! x

January 20, 2018 / 1:20 pm

It's such a great breakfast place for a chain! There's a few around London, be sure to check it out!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕