Event: The Reggae Brunch, London

Starter: Lamb Patties + Saltfish Fritters

Calling all bloggers who love to brunch! Fed up of your typical avocado on toast and poached egg or simply looking for something new to try? You’ve obviously come to the right place. Last month I attended my very first Reggae Brunch event, sadly another event without James but of course with my trustee fellow blogger, Ashlee Moyo.

I hear you ask, what does the Reggae Brunch include exactly? Unlimited rum punch cocktails for the first hour. Yes, a whole hour of rum punch. I know what you’re thinking, what’s the catch? There isn’t one. Fully loaded with the perfect amount of rum, island vibes and for all your instagramable needs.

With resident DJ’s spinning all your favourite Reggae, Soca, Calypso, Reggaeton, Bashment, Afro, Soul, Ska & Commercial hits, you’ve got yourself a day party! With the host keeping you fully entertained, you couldn’t imagine how it could get any better. Oh, but it does and before you know it, your food is on it’s way.

The saying is: “1 part sour, 2 parts sweet, 3 parts strong and 4 parts weak”

Seated or dancing at your own convenience, you are served with a 3 course meal of traditional Caribbean delights, which include: jerk chicken, rice ‘n’ peas, coleslaw, dumpling & mixed salad, they even got a vegetarian option: sweet potato and pumpkin fritter, vegetable and halloumi skewers. With just enough time between courses to settle your stomaches or to get a few steps on the dance floor.

As you can see, they did not shy away from the amount of food you receive; a mountain of rice ‘n’ peas, two pieces of jerk chicken and sides, all complimenting each other and bursting with flavour, and to top it off, a taste of rum cake paired with cream.

Main: Jerk Chicken, Rice ‘n’ Peas, Coleslaw, Dumpling & Mixed Salad

So what now? You’ve finished your drinks, you’re stuffed with food, what more could there be? The party doesn’t stop until the music stops: with reggae-oke and beating dance records, you can sing and dance ’til your hearts content.

Good food, good vibes and with the right company, what else could you ask for?To keep you on your toes for that extra element of surprise, all events are sold as a secret location, only ticket holders find our the location within a week of your chosen date, but don’t worry, all locations are within Zone 1 & 2 on the tube map.

Dessert: Rum cake with vanilla cream topping

So whether you’re looking for something new, something a little different, an excuse to party during the day or simply planing a celebration, I would highly recommend this event. I’ve enjoyed this experience so much I have already rounded up my family and closest friends to celebrate my birthday with me at one of their next event dates in March.

Reggae Brunch is running every Saturday throughout February and March, with more months to follow.So grab your tickets today. For all our loyal readers, we have a special 10% OFF code for you. Simply quote ‘ FOODANDBAKER ‘ at checkout.

Don’t forget to follow their socials for upcoming dates, promo codes and discounts.

WebsiteTwitterInstagramFacebook

Disclaimer: We were given complimentary tickets to the Reggae Brunch event.
However as always, all pictures (unless stated) and views are our own.

You can also find us on:

1. Ayse Demir
    January 18, 2018 / 5:07 pm

This is a great post and this place looks lush, your dessert looks very tasty! Loved reading this! x

January 18, 2018 / 10:21 pm

Glad you enjoyed reading the post. I'd highly recommend this event to anyone!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

2. Corinne & Kirsty
    January 18, 2018 / 5:12 pm

oh em gee this place looks fantastic! Good thing that i moved to london! this is making me so hungry! xx corinne

January 18, 2018 / 10:22 pm

Yes, you should totally go to one of their events! You'd love it, feel free to use our code for 10% off!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

3. Anomalous Chloe
    January 18, 2018 / 5:12 pm

This place looks INCREDIBLE! I love in London so I'm definitely going to have to check it out I think!Thanks for the recommendation 🙂 Chloe ❤ http://www.anomalouschloe.com

January 18, 2018 / 10:24 pm

You must! Defiantly can't wait to go again! If you decide to go, make sure to use our code for discount!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

4. Pinkiebag Pinkiebag
    January 18, 2018 / 5:20 pm

Gosh it looks like a fab place to try. The jerk chicken looks soo delicious, you are making me hungry.

January 18, 2018 / 10:26 pm

An event worth going to for sure. The food was the icing on top of the cake!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

5. Hello Bexa
    January 18, 2018 / 5:27 pm

Wow! This place sounds incredible! Delicious Caribbean food and reggae music too! Sounds perfect to me! Now I wanna eat some chicken and listen to Bob Marley .. Great post! xxBexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

January 18, 2018 / 10:27 pm

You should definitely get yourself some tickets for this event, you will not regret it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

6. HannahLoveBook
    January 18, 2018 / 5:35 pm

This place looks gorgeous! The Rum cake especially looks tasty and something I'd definitely like to try!

January 18, 2018 / 10:28 pm

You can try it for yourself at one of their next event dates and with our code you can get 10% off!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

7. Zoe Jackson
    January 18, 2018 / 6:06 pm

Omgoodness posts like this make me question why I left London. Haha! This place looks right up my street. Thank you for sharing!

January 18, 2018 / 10:29 pm

You'll just have to come back and visit for this event!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

8. secondstartotheright
    January 19, 2018 / 10:55 am

This sounds like my kind of brunch! I love jerk chicken. This looks like a fabulous event.Jennyhttp://www.jennyinneverland.com

January 20, 2018 / 1:28 pm

It's such a great event, we'd highly recommend going if you love jerk chicken!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

9. Rachel Sargent
    January 19, 2018 / 8:07 pm

All your blog posts make me sooo hungry!! This places looks amazing x

January 20, 2018 / 1:31 pm

You can fulfil your hunger at one of their next event dates with our code ;)Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

10. Grace Nicole
    January 19, 2018 / 8:08 pm

THIS Looks sooooooo good!! And something a little bit different than the same old bunch, would definitely love to try out some time, some fabulous n delicious looking pics xx

11. KevinPike
    January 19, 2018 / 8:22 pm

Okay this place sounds amazing!! Great post but it's made me hungry haha

January 20, 2018 / 1:33 pm

Definitely one to book yourselves into!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

12. MummaxJess
    January 19, 2018 / 8:30 pm

Oh my gosh this brunch sounds so exotic and amazing! Personally I'm quite picky with my food and tend to avoid trying anything too controversial or spicy, but would definitely love to try this place out. If not for the food, then for the rum punch cocktails 😛 Jessica xo | jessinwonderlandx.blogspot.co.uk

January 20, 2018 / 1:34 pm

Girl, come out your comfort zone, this event would be the best place to start!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

13. bryony
    January 19, 2018 / 8:31 pm

the pudding looks so tasty, seems like such a good restaurant. Your pictures have defiantly made me a little bit hungry now! x

January 20, 2018 / 1:36 pm

It's not a restaurant but the caterers do have their own restaurant. This event is more than just the food though!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

14. Evie
    January 19, 2018 / 8:55 pm

This seems like a lovely restaurant if I visit London soon this may be somewhere to visit. The cocktails look fantastic!

January 20, 2018 / 1:38 pm

It's not a restaurant, but please do visit London soon and attend the event if the date is available to you!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

15. Another Little Birdie
    January 19, 2018 / 10:15 pm

I love your blog!! Food looks so good 🙂 has

January 20, 2018 / 1:39 pm

So glad that you do, thank you!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

16. World of Faz
    January 20, 2018 / 9:11 am

This looks soo dam good ! Making me really hungry.

17. Alisha Valerie Gerrard
    January 20, 2018 / 12:22 pm

I'm so happy to hear that you had a great visit! Thank you for sharing 🌸💜✨With love, Alisha Valerie. xwww.alishavalerie.com | http://www.twitter.com/alishavalerie

January 20, 2018 / 1:42 pm

It was a great event, I can't wait to go again for my birthday celebrations!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

18. Girl Masked
    January 21, 2018 / 11:15 am

This place sounds great, sounds like it has a lovely atmosphere especially with all the music and dancing. Glad to hear you had a good time.

January 24, 2018 / 7:06 pm

The atmosphere is what ties this event together! Had the best time, can't wait to celebrate my birthday there!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

19. Ashlee Moyo
    January 22, 2018 / 5:39 pm

Thank you so much for inviting me along, literally had the best time. The food and vibes were amazing! I didn't know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised – literally a party in the daytime.I definitely want to go to another Reggae Brunch (:Ashlee | ashleemoyo.com & youtube.com/ashleemoyo

January 24, 2018 / 7:19 pm

Of course! I am so glad you enjoyed it. Can't wait for my birthday ;)Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

January 27, 2018 / 9:25 am

Girl, you had me at rum punch! I need to get down to one of these event IMMEDIATELY! Who needs the stereotypical avo on toast with all of this on offer?! The sweet potato fritters sound amazing, and if the serving size is as big as the meaty option, I know I’ll be in love! Thank you for sharing these tasty treats!Abbey ❤️ http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

February 13, 2018 / 9:05 pm

Yes yes yes! You would love this event, they've just released new dates!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

January 28, 2018 / 8:24 pm

Ooh this post made me so hungry! This sounds like such a cool event! A brunch party certainly sounds like my kinda party…Hayley xlifethroughtsg.com

February 13, 2018 / 9:05 pm

The first time I've been to something like this and I've converted!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

22. Charlotte Clark
    February 12, 2018 / 11:01 pm

Oh my god, those cocktails look so GOOD! I'm a sucker for a nice-looking drink and those have made me feel so thirsty (I'd just have them without the alcohol if that's a thing)! The food all looks incredible too.

February 13, 2018 / 9:06 pm

Yes, I'm sure they can do them without the alcohol, but that's also not so fun hahaThank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

23. Sam Macaree
    April 1, 2018 / 11:17 am

#FBEggHunt

April 1, 2018 / 6:13 pm

I need to get down to London for a Reggae Brunch event! Sadly I don’t have any training events in the near future that are bringing me down to the capital, more’s the pity! I am going up to Edinburgh soon though so I can’t complain, I’ll need to find a tasty brunch venue up there!#FBEggHuntAbbey ❤️