Restaurant: The Grind Cafe – Kelham Island, Sheffield

Kelham Island, Sheffield’s newest hipster hotspot and home to some great restaurants and cafes is where I, James am lucky enough to be living for my final year of university. The Grind Cafe is just a minute or so walk away from home, so it would seem silly not come to down for coffee and spot of brunch one weekday morning.

I say that, but actually we only came for coffee until we say these two delicious dishes pass us by and land on the table next to us. We wanted a slice of the action and ordered straight away. Baked eggs is slowly becoming one of our favourite brunch dishes, in this case with tomato, chorizo and toast on the side. It was just what was needed in this crisp weather – so hearty and warming.

Then comes the Belgian waffles with whipped cream and strawberries. They were fluffy, light and you can’t go wrong with the toppings. It’s a classic which will never get old.

Along with their terrific breakfast menu, The Grind Cafe are renowned for their famous sausage rolls, delightful sandwiches and locally sourced beans for their fantastic coffees. We’ll be back for all of the above in due course, no doubt!

Food: ★★★★

Coffee: ★★★★

Customer service: ★★★★

Atmosphere: ★★★★

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube

December 3, 2017 / 8:09 pm

Ooh this looks like such an interesting place! That Belgian waffle has got my mouth watering 😍. The baked eggs sounds fab too!Hayley xLifethroughtsg.com

December 3, 2017 / 8:55 pm

The waffles was simply amazing, glad we got both and did half and half ;)Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

2. Pinkiebag Pinkiebag
    December 4, 2017 / 5:08 pm

Oh my goodness those Belgium waffles look amazing even though I can’t have them. I need also to give baked eggs a try.

December 5, 2017 / 8:57 pm

The baked eggs is amazing – you will not be disappointed!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

3. secondstartotheright
    December 4, 2017 / 5:12 pm

I’d definitely go for the egg dish in the first photo as I’m such a savoury person! But the waffles do look gorgeous too 😍Jenny 💚http://www.jennyinneverland.com

December 5, 2017 / 8:57 pm

Usually I could never decides o we got one of each hahaThank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

4. Sara Wood
    December 4, 2017 / 5:16 pm

This looks so yummy! I will have to try this place if I am ever passing by

December 5, 2017 / 8:58 pm

Pls do! It was so good, we will def be back!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

5. Huda Pervez
    December 4, 2017 / 5:25 pm

I’m definitely craving some Belgian waffles after reading this ����

December 5, 2017 / 8:58 pm

That waffle was sooo good! Such a classic, it will never get old!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

6. blacktulipbeauty
    December 4, 2017 / 5:33 pm

Oh my gosh those pictures are making my mouth water! Me and my partner would definitely devour those plates of food, it looks gorgeous!!Alice Xxwww.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

December 5, 2017 / 9:00 pm

They tasted just as good as they look!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

7. Anonymous
    December 4, 2017 / 5:45 pm

I saw the photos and my mouth started watering. The food looks delicious! I'll have to try the food next time I visit Sheffield!

December 5, 2017 / 9:01 pm

Omg yes you really do! Sheffield has so many good places to eat!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

8. Sophie Wentworth
    December 4, 2017 / 6:13 pm

Those waffles look absolutely incredible! I'd be very worried about my waist line if that was on my doorstep xSophie http://www.glowsteady.co.uk

December 5, 2017 / 9:04 pm

Hahaha trust me! We actually need to stop eating out!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

9. The Lilac Linnet
    December 4, 2017 / 8:19 pm

I recently had waffles in a restaurant and I can't believe I haven't ordered them before!

December 5, 2017 / 9:05 pm

Whaaaa!? They're amazing, where did you go?Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

10. Bethany Jane
    December 22, 2017 / 8:20 am

That baked eggs dish looks absolutely incredible, I'm actually so envious I can't have it right now. Not that I'd complain if someone offered me the waffles either haha!Beth x Adventure & Anxiety

December 24, 2017 / 9:49 am

I’d have a lot of trouble trying to decide between baked eggs and Belgian waffles because both are simply delicious in my opinion! I’m not surprised that you were tempted to eat here when you saw the food passing you by, I certainly would be as well!Abbey ❄️ http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk/