Breakfast: Overnight Strawberry Smoothie Chia Bowls

Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: N/A

Bringing back some summer into our breakfast this fine November!

Some days you simply don’t want a fry up, sometimes you want something more refreshing, something light and healthy may I add.

So easy to create overnight and even make enough to last you the week, assemble in the morning and your set to go!

Ingredients:

– 1 1/2cupsmilk
– 1/2CupChia Seeds
– 1 1/2CupsPlain Yogurt
– 1CupStrawberries
– 4TablespoonsHoney
For Topping
– Strawberries, sliced
– Chia Seeds

Instructions:

1. Add the milk, 2 tablespoons honey and chia seeds to a bowl. Blend/combine for one minute. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The chia seeds will set up to a thick pudding consistency.

2. In a separate bowl combine the yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey, and 1 cup strawberries. Blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

3. The next morning assemble the smoothie bowls. On one side of the bowl, pour about 1/2 cup chia seed mixture and pour 1/2 cup of smoothie on the other side.

4. Top with chopped strawberries, bananas, more chia seeds and almonds.

1. kayleigh Zara
    November 27, 2017 / 5:02 pm

This looks amazing and so delicious! I love strawberries so much. I totally agree sometimes you need something a little lighter for breakfast xKayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

December 3, 2017 / 1:36 am

It was pretty tasty if I’m being honest and really light to start the day!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

2. Anonymous
    November 27, 2017 / 5:04 pm

I have been having porridge for every morning at work but am starting to get bored of it. This may be a little bit complicated for the morning commutes, however it would be a nice alternative for the weekends. It looks lovely.Lois xwww.lifeasloismay.com

December 3, 2017 / 1:38 am

This would be perfect for those lazy mornings and easy to assemble when you’re ready for it! Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

3. Pinkiebag Pinkiebag
    November 27, 2017 / 5:05 pm

Oh I have just got some strawberries so I think I shall be giving this smoothie a tr as it looks delicious.

December 3, 2017 / 1:39 am

Oh yes pls do, let us know how you get on!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

4. HannahLoveBook
    November 27, 2017 / 5:12 pm

This looks delicious and super healthy breakfast opposed to normally having toast with lemon curd! Definitely going to try this out for breakfast! Hopefully t will get me energised for the day.acupofwonderland.wordpress.com

December 3, 2017 / 1:40 am

It’ll definitely be a good change to toast! We hope it’ll energise you!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

5. Rachael Shortt
    November 27, 2017 / 5:17 pm

Mmmm this looks yummy! I'll definitely this s go using some almond milk! Strawberries are my favourite too!PaleGirlRambling xohttp://palegirlrambling.co.uk

December 3, 2017 / 1:42 am

This would tast so good with almond milk!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

6. Sophie Wentworth
    November 27, 2017 / 5:22 pm

I love chia puddings but I usually make chocolate ones, never tried a strawberry one. This looks great, I'll have to try it. Maybe when it gets a little warmer though…Sophie http://www.glowsteady.co.uk

December 3, 2017 / 1:43 am

Oooh we’ve never tried chocolate ones, that would be amazing! We’re going to have to try that nowThank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

7. Kim K Photography
    November 27, 2017 / 5:26 pm

I've been meaning to make overnight oats but just never really had the time. Now I know how easy they are too do I think I'm going to try this tonight.

December 3, 2017 / 1:46 am

Hope you ended up making it! How did you get on with it?Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

8. Alura Dupuis
    November 27, 2017 / 5:37 pm

This looks and sounds absolutely fab, I may have to try it!! I am obsessed with anything chia, and those pictures have my mouth watering!AluraHttps://aluradupuis.blogspot.com

December 3, 2017 / 1:47 am

This is defo for you! Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

November 29, 2017 / 8:13 am

How aesthetically appealing is this?! I'm in love with the colours, it looks so tempting! Sometimes I struggle to find the motivation for breakfast but I'd have no trouble with a bowl of this! My Mum loves "overnight" style breakfasts, especially burcher museli (I have probably spelled that wrong 😂) so I will have to suggest this to her as I'm sure she'd be a fan!Abbey 💕 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

December 3, 2017 / 1:50 am

Well thank you! It’s so summer/spring isn’t it? Love how easy it is to assemble and easy to prepare the night before! Hope your mum loves it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

November 30, 2017 / 5:00 pm

Ooh I always see pretty smoothie bowls on my Instagram feed, but I don’t usually like too much dairy for breakfast. Although, I bet I could easily swap out dairy milk for almond milk in this recipe! My house mate would absolutely love this, right up her street so I’m going to pop the link over to her. Hayley xLifethroughtsg.com

December 3, 2017 / 1:54 am

Hope your roommate will love this! Hope you can use almond milk and enjoy it yourself!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💕

11. Anomalous Chloe
    January 7, 2018 / 10:02 am

This looks incredible! I've always wanted to try a smoothie bowl but never known where to start! Chloe ❤ http://www.anomalouschloe.com