Coffee: Upshot Espresso – Glossop Road, Sheffield

Maple syrup and bacon waffles – £7

The best thing about having Jessica visiting Sheffield during the week, is that my uni breaks are amazing! This time we went back to Upshot Espresso, a coffee shop on Glossop Road that we first visited around the beginning of last year. That time, we only had drinks, and it has been on our list to go for brunch ever since!

Good coffee doesn’t just happen, although you’d be forgiven for thinking that in Sheffield. A peak through the windows of Upshot Espresso just gives you the feeling that good coffee awaits, and the beautiful cakes and buns sure enough makes sure you walk through the door.

Latte’s – £2.80

Pick up a copy of Caffeine mag – known for only being stocked in the best coffee shops, a sip of their incredible latte, and ponder around their displays of the finest coffee equipment and bags of beans which they use had us in complete relaxation mode.

Our order of maple syrup and bacon waffles soon arrived, and it was everything you could possibly want and need from a weekday brunch.

Their social media is one of the best for a restaurant or coffee shop we’ve seen, so when our Instagram photo got regramed whilst still in there, we looked around to see who it could possibly be. An approving nod from one of the guys in the corner left us feeling that extra bit pleased with this outing!

We’ll definitely be back!

Food: ★★★★

Coffee: ★★★★

Customer service: ★★★★

Atmosphere: ★★★★

1. The Lilac Linnet
    October 30, 2017 / 8:01 pm

Hmm it's great that they're good on social media, it's crazy how rare that is for coffee shops! I've never ordered a waffle in a cafe, I need to rectify that.

November 7, 2017 / 9:39 pm

You so should! Independent cafes are the best, especially in Sheffield!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Alicja
    November 1, 2017 / 7:06 pm

This looks awesome, and not too badly priced to be honest. I didn't know that the caffeine mag existed, I've never been in good enough coffee shops -crying emoji- Lovely pictures and I really enjoy the way you wrote this post!

November 7, 2017 / 9:39 pm

You need to head down to Sheffield for the best coffee shops, honestly!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. secondstartotheright
    November 1, 2017 / 7:28 pm

This seems like a lovely place. I don't drink coffee myself but those waffles look amazing! 😍Jennyhttp://www.jennyinneverland.com

November 7, 2017 / 9:40 pm

They serve all kinds, I'm sure you'd find something you'd like there!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

November 7, 2017 / 9:40 pm

The waffles were so good, really want to try the berry one they had too!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

November 3, 2017 / 7:13 am

Awww it so lovely that the pair of you still squeeze in some quality time whilst you're at uni, James! I'm sure it's a great excuse to check out some local sheffield eateries too! The waffles here look amazingggg, I recently tried a dessert waffle place here in Leicester which was just heaven on a plate, so I need to try this place when I'm in sheffield in a couple of weeks for the Cheese Festival!Abbey 💗 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

November 7, 2017 / 9:41 pm

Omg yes, so jealous you're going to the cheese festival! Wish we were going with you but have so much fun and take advantage of the great cafes here in Sheffield!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

November 12, 2017 / 1:42 pm

It sounds lovely that you guys make so much effort to spend quality time together. This cafe looks absolutely divine, reading this has given me a real waffle crazing! Kate x http://www.findingkate.co

November 15, 2017 / 10:58 pm

It's what we have to do but oh my, we have to go back to try the other one!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

November 15, 2017 / 9:24 pm

This place (and that waffle) look amazing! How funny that they regrammed whilst you were there. I love independent coffee shops, this one doesn’t seem to be badly priced either!Love Hayley XLifethroughtsg.com

November 15, 2017 / 10:59 pm

We live for independent coffee shops and we were so honoured to have been regramed right there and then!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓