Coffee: Joni – South Road, Sheffield

We are back in Sheffield, well, James is back in Sheffield and is now once again officially my second home. If you’ve been following us for a while, you’d know that James attends university in Sheffield, so expect more restaurant, especially coffee shop reviews in Sheffield over the next year.

Before we left Sheffield last year, we told ourselves that when we came back, we had to visit Joni, with their instagramable dishes, macaroons and doughnuts, it was a must and it obviously became priority, and here we are.

We arrived just after 11:30am and brunch is exactly what was on our mind. Upon arrival, we were taken by the very small independent feel of this coffee shop has, that we have terribly missed since being in busy London city.

Walking past the counter with beautifully crafted maroons and doughnuts, we knew we found another favourite, but we’ll take about those in the end. With only a handful of tables, we were lucky to have been able to get a cute table in the corner and admired the minimal aesthetics.

Joni has your typical brunch dishes, eggs and avocado on toast. We all know I, Jessica, always has something avocado, so instead, I chose to have classic eggs with bacon and James got something even more different than usual – mackerel toast.

We adore having options you wouldn’t usually get in many places, as we like to take the opportunity to try something different when we can. With that, James also took the chance to try their peach loose leaf tea, as I got myself a flat white.

Back to the doughnuts we all know you were waiting for, just look at them.

How could you not want one?

Although we were so full and I did contemplate for a while if I could consume one so quickly after eating such a wonderful brunch, I knew I regret it if I didn’t at least take one away, and so we did – the macaroon and mini marshmallow one 😉

Food: ★★★

Coffee: ★★★

Customer service: ★★★★

Atmosphere: ★★★

1. CharleneMcElhinney
    October 4, 2017 / 6:05 pm

The donuts look so delicious and well presented! So excited for new adventures from you guys in Sheffield! <3 <3 <3 All the best for James at University!! Xx Charlene McElhinneywww.charlenemcelhinney.co.uk

October 4, 2017 / 6:09 pm

We're so happy to be back, Sheffield has so much to offer. The doughnut was too good!Thank you lovely!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Girl In Gamba
    October 4, 2017 / 6:05 pm

I love a good brunch (so much that I have a series on my page). This looks so heavenly and those doughnuts look like they are to die for! I just want all of this! You've officially made me so incredibly jealous!-GGwww.girlingamba.com

October 4, 2017 / 6:09 pm

Ooooo will have to check that out! We can't wait to have more doughnuts again ;)Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Anonymous
    October 4, 2017 / 6:07 pm

This place looks incredible. I love finding new coffee shops!Abigail | chasingmydesire.com

October 4, 2017 / 6:12 pm

Finding new coffee shops in Sheffield is our mission!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. Kate Hal
    October 4, 2017 / 6:16 pm

This food look delicious. So hungry now 😀

October 4, 2017 / 6:22 pm

It really was! So delicious!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Emily
    October 4, 2017 / 6:41 pm

Mackerel toast? I've never heard of that or seen it, but I'd LOVE to try it!! And of course you can't go wrong with bacon ;). So glad you've got a nice brunch spot right by James's university!xxEmilyemilyhallock.blogspot.com

October 4, 2017 / 10:41 pm

I know right, it was a first for us and we loved it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. Janet May
    October 4, 2017 / 7:03 pm

Oh wow that looks amazing. Yum. Great post. Jx

October 4, 2017 / 10:41 pm

It was so good!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. Becca Glasser-Baker
    October 5, 2017 / 4:08 pm

Tbh this place looks magical and those donuts are seriously calling my name omg ��

October 6, 2017 / 9:27 pm

These doughnuts win everything!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. Natonya M.
    October 5, 2017 / 4:12 pm

Impeccable taste! Awww I want one so much, yummy😄 You two make me wanna try new food all the time, thanks for posting.

October 6, 2017 / 9:27 pm

The best thing in life is being able to try new food! Do it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

9. Pinkiebag Pinkiebag
    October 5, 2017 / 4:15 pm

Hi, this sounds like a lovely place to eat at. The food looks delicious, but oh my I would jsust go straight for those doughnuts.

October 6, 2017 / 9:28 pm

It's such a cute little place – really wish we had another doughnut!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

10. kerry Lifeandloves
    October 5, 2017 / 4:16 pm

Can we just talk about those dounuts?? They look amazing! There are some interesting combinations on your plates for sure, love it

October 6, 2017 / 9:29 pm

Love a good brunch dish and a dessert to compliment it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

11. Andi Matzen
    October 5, 2017 / 4:27 pm

I’m sorry that this comment ignores the rest of your post but, oh my god, those doughnuts?! I’m such a sweet fan, and those look bloody incredible, so much so that I may have to walk to the shops to buy some doughnuts.. ��

October 6, 2017 / 9:32 pm

Hahaha no worries! Completely understandable – omg hope you got yourself some good ass doughnuts!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

12. Ashlee Moyo
    October 27, 2017 / 11:42 pm

Okay, so I am definitely taking a trip to Sheffield with you. You guys eat so well no matter where you are. How do you find all of these places ?! Ashlee | ashleemoyo.com

November 7, 2017 / 9:29 pm

Sheffield is the place to go for anything coffee and cute cafe wise!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓