Baking: Homemade Cinnamon Buns

Autumn is here and what else is more Autumnal than homemade cinnamon buns? Well, apparently pumpkin lattes, oversized jumpers and crunchy leafs are, but that’s not that point. Cinnamon rolls are the bomb and these are obviously the perfect season for it.

Just picture it – freshly out the oven paired with a nice hot coco, tea or even a coffee!
Mmmm.. I know right..

You could potentially “cheat” and just buy pre-made dough if you’re in desperate need for cinnamon rolls, but this seems to be one of the quickest recipes we’ve come across. I, Jessica, personally don’t enjoy raisins so we have no included those – on that note, do you think chocolate chip would work?

Instructions:

– 1/4 cup brown sugar

Glaze
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2-3 tbsp milk

Instructions:

1. To Make dough:In a large bowl, mix the flour, the sugar, salt, and yeast together until evenly dispersed. Set aside. In a small microwavable bowl, heat the water, milk, and butter together in the microwave until the butter is melted. Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg and knead with hand or with stand mixer for 3-4 minutes or until the dough is no longer sticky. Place in a lightly greased bowl and let rest for about 5 minutes.

2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and turn off after 10 minutes or just before placing rolls in oven.

3. To Make Filling:After the dough has rested for 5 minutes, roll it out in a rectangle. Spread the softened butter on top. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it all over the dough. Roll up the dough tightly and cut into 9 even piece. Place in a lightly greased square pan and lightly cover with foil.

4. TURN OFFthe oven and place the cinnamon buns in the oven to rise for 20 minutes. Keep the buns in the oven and remove the foiland turn on the oven to 375F. Bake the cinnamon rolls for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and top with glaze.

5. To make glaze: Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk together until smooth and lump free. Drizzle over warm rolls.

1. Ashlee Moyo
    October 27, 2017 / 11:32 pm

Mmmm… I absolutely love cinnamon buns. These look so good!Especially as they have a lots of cinnamon and icing.Ashlee | ashleemoyo.com (:

November 7, 2017 / 9:45 pm

Think you should give them a try and we'll try them ;)Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Pinkiebag Pinkiebag
    October 31, 2017 / 7:07 pm

Oh I do love a nice cinnamon bun with a cup of tea and these look delicious. I am sure that I could adapt the recipe 😊.

November 7, 2017 / 9:45 pm

Pls do and let us know what you use an alternative!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Lea H
    October 31, 2017 / 7:10 pm

Oh yummy, those look delicious! I love everything with cinnamon in it.Lea, xx

November 7, 2017 / 9:45 pm

Perfect for the season, am I right?Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. Corinne & Kirsty
    October 31, 2017 / 7:10 pm

OMG they look so so good! I love cinnamon buns! I haven't had one in a really long time! wanna make these!

November 7, 2017 / 9:46 pm

Nothing beats a freshly made one – do let us know if you do make them!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Rachael Shortt
    October 31, 2017 / 7:11 pm

I used to love cinnamon buns before having to go dairy and gluten free! This recipe has made me so envious! I've screenshotted though and I'm going to try it with my dairy free butter and see if it still works as you're right cinnamon is oerfvet for this time of year!PaleGirlRambling xohttp://palegirlrambling.co.uk

November 7, 2017 / 9:46 pm

Ooo that'd be interesting. We'd love to know the outcome if you do!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. ashleightaylor
    October 31, 2017 / 7:23 pm

Believe it or not I've never had cinnamon buns before but these look delicious, I'll definitely have to try them out!Ashleigh | http://ashleighwrites.co.uk

November 7, 2017 / 9:47 pm

Whaaaat!? How could you not – you have to make these now!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. Andi Matzen
    October 31, 2017 / 7:23 pm

On my word, even the pictures of these have me salivating, they look incredible?! If you ever try them will chocolate chips, please update us and tell us what they’re like? I’m really tempted to try make these now.. Andi | http://www.andthenzen.co.uk

November 7, 2017 / 9:47 pm

Thank you so much! Def in the plan to make them again with chocolate chips yum!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. Hayley Martin
    October 31, 2017 / 7:27 pm

I absolutely love Cinnamon buns!!! I haven't made them in a while, needs to be done. I think they would work with chocolate chips, not sure it will make much difference to the taste as the frosting would overpower it?Hayley | hayleyxmartin

November 7, 2017 / 9:48 pm

Hmmm that is a thought we didn't think about – just going to have to make them and find out aren't we?Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

9. Emma Blogger
    October 31, 2017 / 7:32 pm

These look delicious, wish I could bake like this I'm useless need more practise I think 💕

November 7, 2017 / 9:49 pm

oh I'm sure you could – practice does make better!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

10. Emma Matthews
    October 31, 2017 / 7:41 pm

OK, I admit. I always buy the pre-package dough. But this recipe is one I have to try, they are my boyfriends favourite! x

November 7, 2017 / 9:49 pm

Usually we do too, but we felt we couldn't cheat ourselves and we had to make it from scratch!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

November 3, 2017 / 7:11 am

These look absolutely amazing 😍😍 I will definitely be giving these a go whilst I'm still at uni – the house filling with the smell of scrumptious cinnamon sounds perfect to me and very festive as well! I don't get to enjoy cinnamon that much at home because my sister HATES it with a passion, so I'll be scoffing these before heading home for Christmas 😉Abbey 💗 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

November 7, 2017 / 9:50 pm

Ahhh the smell it gave in the kitchen, it was so good, very festive indeed! Oh no, def more of a reason to make them ASAP before heading home! Hope you do and love them!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

November 12, 2017 / 1:46 pm

Ohhhhh ! I love cinnamon pastry stuff, I could positively LIVE off the stuff! I need to save all of your recipes so I can have a mini Jessica and James recipe book! Kate x http://www.findingkate.co

November 15, 2017 / 10:54 pm

Aren't they just so good? Aww that would be so cute!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

November 15, 2017 / 9:22 pm

Ooh these look incredible, my mouth is watering! I am 100% sending a link to this to my house mate, hopefully she will get the hint 😉Love Hayley XLifethroughtsg.com

November 15, 2017 / 10:56 pm

Hahahah let us know how that works out for you!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓