Under 30: Baked Gnocchi with Peas & Beans (v)

Makes: 4 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins

Returning from our travels, one of the question most people have asked is if we’re sad to be back. Of course we’d rather be travelling around the world, but that costs a lot of money and nothing beats cheap and hearty home cooked dishes.

Although, we’d prefer to had a bit more sun upon arrival, we knew this only called for a proper warm hearty homely dish, potatoes and cheese? Under 30 minuets to make? Could you say no?

Healthy? Possibly, but it’s definitely the most healthiest meal we’ve had in a while. This is actually the first tie we’ve created a dish with gnocchi and trust me, we’ll be making a lot more dishes after this.

Ingredients:

– 250g gnocchi
– 75g frozen peas
– 100g beans
– 1 x 125g pack asparagus tips, cut into 3cm pieces
– 200g half-fat crème fraîche
– handful fresh basil, leaves chopped
– handful fresh mint, leaves chopped
– 1/2 lemon, zested and squeezed
– 1 mozzarella ball, drained and torn
– 1 tbsp Parmesan, finely grated

Instructions:

1. Preheat the grill to high. Cook the gnocchi in a pan of boiling, salted water following the packet instructions. Drain with a slotted spoon; transfer to a baking dish. Reserve the cooking water.

2. Add the peas,beansandasparagusto the water. Bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.

3. Meanwhile, combine the crème fraîche, herbs,lemon zestand juice
in a bowl; season.

4. Add the veg to the gnocchi, then stir in the crème fraîche mixture. Scatter over the mozzarella and hard cheese. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until bubbling and golden. Serve immediately.

September 25, 2017 / 8:20 am

Love a good gnocchi! This one sounds right up my street too so I'll be saving this and giving it a go!Love,Hayley xLifethroughtsg.com

September 25, 2017 / 11:11 pm

We'd love for you to try and let us know how you get on!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Anonymous
    September 25, 2017 / 4:03 pm

I don't think I've ever had a gnocchi and looking at this I am questioning why. It looks so tasty. I love a creamy sauce and veg so this seems like the ideal mix for me.Lois xwww.lifeasloismay.wordpress.com

September 25, 2017 / 11:13 pm

It was our first time but it defo won't be the last! We do love a good creamy dish too!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Pinkiebag Pinkiebag
    September 25, 2017 / 4:04 pm

Hi, this lovely old like a really nice comforting dish to enjoy. Sadly no good for me and not sure that I could adapt the recipe.

September 25, 2017 / 11:16 pm

Oh such a shame, it's such a really comforting dish!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. Corinne & Kirsty
    September 25, 2017 / 4:05 pm

Gnocchi is one of my favourite foods! Really need to try this recipe :DOne of my favourite combos is fried gnocchi with onions, smoked salmon and cream.. So delicious! Also love gnocchi with a tomato sauce, chili flakes and crabe meat…I also have a recipe for homemade gnocchi on the blog if you fancy making your own ^^ xKirstywww.corinneandkirsty.com

September 25, 2017 / 11:17 pm

Mmmmm your convos sounds sooo good, defo going to try them both! Ugh yasss yummy! Will defo check it out, thanks!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Girl In Gamba
    September 25, 2017 / 4:09 pm

As soon as I saw gnocchi, I clicked so fast! I am so in love with gnocchi (It's literally one of the best pastas) so I think I will be saving this recipe and trying it out!-GGwww.girlingamba.com

September 25, 2017 / 11:17 pm

Ahh yes! We have yet to try out more recipes but we're in love with it too now!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. Rachael Shortt
    September 25, 2017 / 4:20 pm

This is making me seriously miss cheese! I wonder if I could tweak it slightly to make it dairy free as it sounds and looks so yummy!PaleGirlRambling xo

September 25, 2017 / 11:18 pm

I'm sure it can be done – please do let us know if you find an alternative, we'd love to know!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. Holly
    September 25, 2017 / 4:21 pm

Mmm this looks like a nice dish. Will have to try 🙂 Holly xwww.ldnmuse.com

September 25, 2017 / 11:19 pm

Do let us know if you do, we'd love to know what you think!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. Emily
    September 25, 2017 / 4:34 pm

GNOCCHI!! I love it so much, especially with a cheesy or creamy sauce. And all the veg you've included in this recipe would make me feel good about eating it, too!xxEmilyemilyhallock.blogspot.com

September 25, 2017 / 11:20 pm

Cheesy and/or creamy sauce is what we live for! The beg defo give it a healthier vibe!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

9. Andi Matzen
    September 25, 2017 / 5:44 pm

Gnocchi always makes me think of Bryn from Gavin and Stacey! This looks absolutely amazing though, I’m worndering why I’ve never had it before! Andi | http://www.andthenzen.co.uk

September 25, 2017 / 11:20 pm

Hahaha that's so random. You should defo try it, I'm sure you'd love it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

10. Sarah Ann
    September 25, 2017 / 7:50 pm

I'm been a vegetarian for about two months and I've starting falling into a food slump, eating the same meals over and over. Definitely going to try this dish, I love gnocchi!

September 25, 2017 / 11:21 pm

Oh no, don't do that! We hope you'll try this and add it to your list of meals!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 25, 2017 / 8:55 pm

My mouth is watering so much at this post! I absolutely adore gnocchi, and adding cheese to anything can only improve it, so this meal is right up my street! I've just moved into my new uni accommodation in Leicester so I need to start stocking the freezer with different meals – this will definitely be something that I'll try! I feel like I can TOTALLY kid myself that it's healthy too, as there are peas and beans in there hehe! Fab recipe as always!Abbey 😘 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

September 25, 2017 / 11:25 pm

Yes I'm so glad – yes we'd love for you to try and let us know how you get on. Hahah exactly I know right, it's all about balance right?Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 26, 2017 / 6:14 pm

Ooh this looks yummy, simple and tasty, a big yes from me!

September 29, 2017 / 4:45 pm

It's so simple! Glad you agree!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 28, 2017 / 12:31 pm

Gnocci is the bomb! You guys should check out the Jamie Oliver recipe he does with tomato and sausage meat and red wine … It's such a hearty and delicious meal! This looks amazing, so cheesy and delicious. Bookmarking this ready for future recipe inspiration!Kate x http://www.findingkate.co

September 29, 2017 / 4:46 pm

It really is, can't believe we haven't had it more. OMG that JO recipe sounds amazing! We'd defo give that a go! Hope you enjoy it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

14. kate h
    September 29, 2017 / 11:49 am

Haven't had gnoochi before but it does look like a tasty dish, especially with the cheese and potatoes!

September 29, 2017 / 4:48 pm

OMG you so should! It's so so tasty, life changing!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓