Makes: 4 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
Returning from our travels, one of the question most people have asked is if we’re sad to be back. Of course we’d rather be travelling around the world, but that costs a lot of money and nothing beats cheap and hearty home cooked dishes.
Although, we’d prefer to had a bit more sun upon arrival, we knew this only called for a proper warm hearty homely dish, potatoes and cheese? Under 30 minuets to make? Could you say no?
Healthy? Possibly, but it’s definitely the most healthiest meal we’ve had in a while. This is actually the first tie we’ve created a dish with gnocchi and trust me, we’ll be making a lot more dishes after this.
– 250g gnocchi
– 75g frozen peas
– 100g beans
– 1 x 125g pack asparagus tips, cut into 3cm pieces
– 200g half-fat crème fraîche
– handful fresh basil, leaves chopped
– handful fresh mint, leaves chopped
– 1/2 lemon, zested and squeezed
– 1 mozzarella ball, drained and torn
– 1 tbsp Parmesan, finely grated
1. Preheat the grill to high. Cook the gnocchi in a pan of boiling, salted water following the packet instructions. Drain with a slotted spoon; transfer to a baking dish. Reserve the cooking water.
2. Add the peas,beansandasparagusto the water. Bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
3. Meanwhile, combine the crème fraîche, herbs,lemon zestand juice in a bowl; season.
4. Add the veg to the gnocchi, then stir in the crème fraîche mixture. Scatter over the mozzarella and hard cheese. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until bubbling and golden. Serve immediately.