Travel Tips: Disneyland, Paris

As you know, on our Interrail trip this summer, we took an amazing detour to Paris and headed off to Disneyland, which you can briefly read about and see a little photo diary of here. With that, we have come up with a few tips to share with you!

Avoid Bringing a Big Bag

We’re so glad we never came with a big bag, but with only our travel bum bag, as we realised when we got there that there were no places to leave your bag once you got on the rides.

Side note: in regards to cameras, we took my GoPro, which fit perfectly on the bum bag, as well as suitable for filming rides and the parade and used my iPhone to take photos.

Make the Most of the Free FASTPASS® use

Although we only used this once, it was really useful. We decided to grab a FASTPASS® ticket for my absolute favourite ride which was predicted for be over an hours wait, in that waiting time we were able to it in another ride which was less of the time and it worked out perfectly. It’s the best way to avoid the queues, although it’s only available for some, so make sure to check beforehand and you can only pick up on FASTPASS® at a time, so think about which rides you’d want it more for.

Create a Guideline Plan of your Day/Parks

Once we arrived, grabbed a map and sat down for breakfast, we knew we had to come up with a proper plan to make most of the one day we had here.

As the big kids that we are, we knew that are out was to make out way through the big kid rides – starting from the beginning and making our way around the whole park. We knew what time the parade was at and what time we needed to find our place, and how the other park closes earlier.

Pack a Picnic

I know this slightly contradicts the first tip, but if you plan it right, it shouldn’t be so bad. As you can imagine, Disneyland prices are a tad bit extreme and as ones who didn’t bring a picnic, we know first hand about those prices.

Side note: take a water bottle, there are fountains within the park which you can refill your bottles along the way. We bought a drink there and reused it in the park.

Bring a Portable Charger

This seems like the most obvious but this was the absolute life changer, for Disneyland as well as the whole of our Interrail trip. We were in the park from 9:45 am to 11:30 pm, with all the phone checking, picture taking, typical social media updates and firework display recordings – your phone is bound to run out at some point but you wouldn’t want to miss out on any photo opportunities, not in Disneyland!

Have you been to Disneyland, Paris?

What would tips would you recommend for first timers or returners?

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube

We have been shortlisted for the BEST FOOD BLOG for the second time in the #BloggersBlogAwards 2017, if you love what we do and truly believe we are worth your vote, please vote for us here – voting ends Sunday 10th September 2017.

Thank you to everyone who had nominated us, we are truly grateful, we hope you continue to join our in our adventures.

1. just-a-kidd
    September 5, 2017 / 3:48 pm

These are some great tips! I'd love to go to disney again soon, I'm so so jealous! Lon xjust-a-kidd.blogspot.com

September 17, 2017 / 10:20 pm

We'd love to go back too! Ugh it's just amazing isn't it?Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Emily
    September 5, 2017 / 6:03 pm

I'm such a fan of the fastpass system! My husband and I had it down to a science at Disneyland before we moved. And I totally agree about bringing a smaller bag if you can. Glad you got the chance to go there!xxEmilyemilyhallock.blogspot.com

September 17, 2017 / 10:22 pm

Really wish we used it more – will defo be having a proper plan when we go back!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Antonia
    September 5, 2017 / 6:12 pm

Great post! I'm definitely bookmarking it as I want to go to Disneyland in the future. xAntonia || Sweet Passions

September 17, 2017 / 10:22 pm

Really hope these help you for when you go!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. chloeboston
    September 5, 2017 / 6:14 pm

This got me so excited for my trip to Paris in November! I'm hoping the parks will be Christmassy by then 🎄🐭ChloeWanderwomanco.com

September 17, 2017 / 10:23 pm

Oh my, so excited for you! You'll love it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Rachael Shortt
    September 5, 2017 / 6:27 pm

Ohhh this is such a helpful post! Wish I'd seen this earlier as my sister went to Disney last month and definitely could have used some tips! Her friend works in Disney so she was lucky enough to have fast passes for ever ride and she said they were so handy!PaleGirlRambling xo

September 17, 2017 / 10:24 pm

That is a dream to have someone we know to work there and give us them passes! The are Godsends!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. Emma Matthews
    September 5, 2017 / 9:21 pm

Love these tips and will definitely use them when my bestfriend and I finally go! I went Interrailng too so will be reading those blog posts too 😀 x

September 17, 2017 / 10:25 pm

So excited for you – we hope you find these tips really useful for you!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. Abigail West
    September 6, 2017 / 10:52 am

These are great tips and I completely agree with all of them! I only took a small bag when I went to Shanghai Disneyland and even though it wasn't insanely busy, I wouldn't have felt comfortable taking a massive bag. Also I highly recommend the fast pass! People don't realise they're free (well it is at Shanghai Disney) and so it allows you to skip the majority of the queue. I hope you guys had a good time 🙂 Abs xhttps://afababulouslife.blogspot.co.uk

September 17, 2017 / 10:27 pm

So glad you agree with them, we'd love to visit Shanghai Disney one day!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. kayleigh Zara
    September 6, 2017 / 12:13 pm

These are some amazing tips! We always use most of these tips at Disneyland – I've never thought of taking a small bum bag though, I might have to do that in future xKayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

September 17, 2017 / 10:33 pm

Glad you agree and found a new tip you'd use!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 6, 2017 / 6:24 pm

This is such great advice, a couple of things I wouldn't know about. A bum bag is so handy!

September 17, 2017 / 10:34 pm

Our bum bag was our life saver through the whole of our trip!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 6, 2017 / 7:17 pm

I've never been to Disneyland Paris, but I have been to the one in Florida a couple of times. I have never been as an adult though, and I am really hoping to soon, so these tips are really helpful! A bum bag is very very useful, but do they let you take food into the Disneyland at Paris? I'm sure in Florida our bags were checked, but obviously that was a while ago now. Portable charger is a great shout, so handy!Hayley XLifethroughtsg.com

September 17, 2017 / 10:36 pm

Our bags were not checked actually, unless it's because we only had the small bag – I would imagine that it's allowed, I'm sure we saw some people?? HmmThank you for reading and commenting☺💓

11. Charlotte Clark
    September 6, 2017 / 7:34 pm

When I went it was only a month or so after the terrorist attack happened in Paris (we already booked it in advance). It was so empty that all the queues were under 5 minutes! The longest queue was for the Ratatouille ride (which I have to say was one of my favourites!) and even that was only 20 minutes. I can't imagine it'll be that quiet if I go again – it was so weirdly empty!

September 17, 2017 / 10:37 pm

That's so tragic but I guess at the same time so good? Queues are always the worst!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 6, 2017 / 7:52 pm

Aaahhh I want to go to Disneyland so bad! The FastPass definitely seems to be an essential, it'd be rubbish to spend your entire day waiting in lines for rides! The prices of food and drink would definitely be something that would concern me, so a picnic would be a great idea! I'm sure there's lots of fabulous picnic spots too! Fab post, thanks for sharing!Abbey 🌸 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

September 17, 2017 / 10:38 pm

Ahhh you'd love it! Wish we used the fast pass more but it was defo a life saver for the one time we used it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 9, 2017 / 10:05 am

Portable charger sounds like a great shout – I've desperately needed one this holiday! Also, that is so useful to know about the bag policy – I guess it makes sense as a precaution but had I not read your tips I totally would have taken a rucksack with me … although … *looks around* *whispers* I'm scared of big rides so would probably be designated bag holder any way! 😉 Great tips, will definitely share these with my family and my friend as we're planning to try and go during the next few months! Kate x http://www.findingkate.co

September 17, 2017 / 10:40 pm

I'm usually scared of rides but just the thought of being in Disneyland, I knew I just had to make the most of it all! Hope you find them all useful for when you go!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

14. kate h
    September 23, 2017 / 1:51 pm

I'd love to go to Disneyland, Paris someday! Thanks for sharing your tips, they were really useful and good to read. Good idea about not bringing a big bag. It was handy that you could refill your water bottles there.

September 25, 2017 / 6:52 pm

I'm glad you think so. We really hope you get to visit real soon!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

15. Sarah Ann
    September 25, 2017 / 7:52 pm

I've never been to Disneyland Paris but I really want to go. I have been to Walt Disney World and it was incredible. One of my favourite places, it just oozes happiness.

October 17, 2017 / 10:01 pm

Ugh yes! Disney World is our dream!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓