Before we set off on our travels, I, Jessica, had made this Banoffee Cheesecake for my mum’s birthday. We posted this on twitter and a lot of you wanted to see a post on how we created this beauty. Although it may be a few month late, but it’s better late than never right? Plus, anytime is the best time for any type of cheesecake!
Even if I do say so myself, this has to be my best cheesecake yet (possibly biased as banoffee is my fave) but you’ll just have to see how we made it, make it and try it for yourself.
– 4 x 200g soft cheese
– 300g hob nob biscuits
– 50g caster sugar
– a couple of squeezes of toffee sauce
– 3 ripe bananas
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 3 tbsp butter, melted
1. Using a blender/food processor, break 280g of your biscuits in and blend, until you’ve got finer crumbs (it’s okay for thicker pieces, as hob nobs are like that). Pour your biscuits into a bowl with your melted butter and combine. Now evenly mould this mixture at the bottom of your round cake tin/dish.
2. In a separate bowl, mix your cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and 2 and half mashed bananas.
3. Squeeze some toffee sauce around the tin, fill the cream cheese mixture half way and squeeze more toffee sauce on top (but not too much or else it won’t set properly) fill the remaining cream cheese mixture to the top.
4. Finally top your remaining sliced bananas and the remaining broken biscuits to decorate.
5. Place into your fridge overnight, for that perfect cheesecake texture.
What’s your favourite type of cheesecake? Will you be trying this one?
Let us know in the comments below.
We have been shortlisted for the BEST FOOD BLOG for the second time in the #BloggersBlogAwards 2017, if you love what we do and truly believe we are worth your vote, please vote for us here – voting ends Sunday 10th September 2017.
Thank you to everyone who had nominated us, we are truly grateful, we hope you continue to join our in our adventures.