Coffee: The Flower Cup – Watergate Row, Chester

Holy Guacamole – guacamole, bacon and cheese grilled sandwich – £5.50

If you’ve been following our blog for a while now, you’d know that we appreciate and support those cute little independent coffee shops. We feel like we hadn’t been to one in a while, so we wanted to take advantage of the fact that we were in Chester.

James had been here once before and it was on my list of places to go when we next came. With arranging to have brunch with Grandma Baker we suggested to go to The Flower Cup and to our luck, she’d not been here before either, so it was a win win.

Mocha – £3

The Flower Cup is not only a cafe, it is also a flower shop. They are Chester’s first and only Flower Shop Cafe, and they aim to become the biggest and best Flower Shop Cafe in the UK. With their unique location, beautiful decor, flower arrangements, Italian influenced food and drink offer, we have no doubt that this Flower Shop Cafe will go far!

The atmosphere was calming, the smell of the fresh flowers were hypnotising and the seating arrangements were intimate, but very welcoming at the same time.

It was an overall avocado morning. As the avocado lovers that we are, I, Jessica had the Holy Guacamole – a very hearty breakfast sandwich, while James and Grandma Baker ordered the avocado on toasted bloomer bread. Grandma’s had poached egg and a side of sliced tomatoes, and James with hummus and pomegranate – which is not a combination that we’ve had before, but it worked very well together.

Each paired with a hot drink, Grandma with her pot of tea, James with his traditional latte and my sweet tooth mocha.

Avocado on toasted bloomer bread with Hummus & Pomegranate – £5.75

We are sure that we will return, we have yet to try their cakes and take some very instagramable pictures in the set up. Just look at the simple but effective decor.

If you’re looking for a weekend brunch location, a shopping coffee break spot or simply taking some me time, this is the place to be.

Food: ★★★

Coffee: ★★★

Customer service: ★★★★

Atmosphere: ★★★

Toilets: ★★★

September 29, 2017 / 8:01 pm

A flower shop cafe! What a great concept, and the food looks amazing.

October 2, 2017 / 5:21 pm

Such a great concept and gave the cafe it's uniqueness!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 30, 2017 / 9:05 am

Wowww this looks lovely! I want to plan a trip to Chester just to come down here as it looks like a lovely venue! As soon as I saw the words Holly Guacamole, I knew what I'd have to order (just without the meat hehe) but everything you've ordered looks divine, I love an aesthetically appealing coffee cup hehe! Lovely photos as always!Abbey 💓 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

October 2, 2017 / 5:24 pm

Chester is such a beautiful location and we think you'd really enjoy it if you visited! I believe the Holy Guacamole can be vegetarian friendly – hope you can visit real soon!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Miss Danielle
    October 1, 2017 / 8:55 pm

I adore Flower Cup! I've been a few times and the staff are always so great. Flowers and plants are all really good prices too, more expensive than a super market but cheaper and prettier than an online seller. Danielle || Miss Danielle

October 2, 2017 / 5:26 pm

They are so lovely! It was my first time but you can just tell by the vibes! We have just to buy flowers from there but it would so be the go to place to get some!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. Rachael Shortt
    October 2, 2017 / 4:05 pm

Ohhh this sounds and looks lovely! I really like the concept of the cafe! Intrigued to see what their cakes look like, if it's anything as good as the brunch I'm sure they'll look amazing!PaleGirlRambling xo

October 2, 2017 / 5:29 pm

We love the concept and we're so going back for their cakes, so what this space!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Andi Matzen
    October 2, 2017 / 4:12 pm

I love the decor – the little wicker chairs are super cute! It sounds like you had a fabulous time, and the food looks delicious too.. ��Andi | http://www.andthenzen.co.uk

October 2, 2017 / 5:30 pm

It's so cute and if I am correct they are currently improving and we can only imagine how much prettier it will be!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. neverlandvicki
    October 2, 2017 / 4:13 pm

omg this is 100% my aesthetic and that mocha oh my god i'm jealous!vicki xhttp://neverlandvicki.blogspot.co.uk/

October 2, 2017 / 5:31 pm

I know right, so blogger friendly and a mocha is the best!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. Emily
    October 2, 2017 / 4:21 pm

It's always so dangerous for me to look at your blog before lunch, because your photos always have me drooling! This is such a lovely spot for coffee and lunch, and that mocha/avocado toast would really hit the spot right now!xxEmilyemilyhallock.blogspot.com

October 2, 2017 / 5:31 pm

Ahahaha sorry not sorry! We hope your lunch filled you up good!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. Ashlee Mo
    October 2, 2017 / 4:26 pm

Love that you guys support smaller independent coffee shops. This place is so cute, you guys will have to take me Chester with you! Looks like you had a great brunch (:Ashlee | ashleemoyo.com

October 2, 2017 / 5:33 pm

We love supporting them and their coffees tend to be much better! Yes defo, Chester and Sheffield should so be on you list!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

9. Tea Time With Ciara
    October 2, 2017 / 4:27 pm

That coffee looked delicious and super instagram worthy! Loved it! I need a coffee now! Ciara | http://www.teatimewithciara.com

October 2, 2017 / 5:33 pm

Of course it ended up on insta, I do love me some coffee art!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

10. Holly
    October 2, 2017 / 4:56 pm

Mmm will have to remember this one! Looks yummy 🙂 thanks for the recommendation! Holly xwww.ldnmuse.com

October 2, 2017 / 5:34 pm

Do let us know if you ever visit, we'd love to know your thoughts!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

11. HannahLoveBook
    October 2, 2017 / 5:02 pm

The cafe looked so cute and the food has made me hungry now! I love the pattern in the mocha, I just became a barista and I am yet to graduate to the elite of patterns on top of coffee! Definitely will check this place out!

October 2, 2017 / 5:35 pm

Omg really? We'd love to learn to do some coffee art one day!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

October 3, 2017 / 1:52 pm

Wow this looks so cute! The decor is certainly very instagrammable, and I love the idea of combining coffee and flowers! I've never been to Chester, but if I'm ever near by I will check this place out for sure!Hayley Xlifethroughtsg.com

October 4, 2017 / 12:42 pm

So instagrammable and such lovely place for any occasion! Pls do, you'd love it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

October 8, 2017 / 8:58 pm

*books ticket to Chester immediately* this is so pretty! I'm a real sucker for beautiful flowers and floristry in general, and I would totally love this spot for its floral theme but ALSO because that avo / hummus set up looks amazing! Another amazing find! Kate x http://www.findingkate.co

October 9, 2017 / 5:29 pm

Yes yes yes do it! Book your ticket now and we’ll join ya! It fits perfectly with Chester and it’s jusy simply amazing!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

14. girl masked
    October 16, 2017 / 5:10 pm

Looks like a lovely cafe! Must takea trip to th UK someday

October 20, 2017 / 10:43 pm

Please do, you'd love it so much!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓