Breakfast: Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes

Makes: 6/8 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins

Throughout the year we haven’t had many chances to have breakfast dishes in bed, but with recent circumstances it has opened many opportunities to create some fun dishes for each other and so we are kicking off this little segment with the fluffiest pancakes I’ve ever made.

I’ve made many pancakes in my day, but it’s amazing how just a simple ingredient can change the texture of the pancakes – butter. I know we haven’t create this evolution on adding the berries within the pancakes, but this was my first attempt and I’m sure we’ll be experimenting with all sorts after this.

Ingredients:

– 200g self-raising flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 medium egg
– 2tbsp honey
– 300ml milk
– 4 tbsp butter, melted
– 150g fresh blueberries

Instructions:

1. Mix together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Beat the egg with the milk, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk to make a thick smooth batter. Beat in the melted butter, and gently stir in half the blueberries.

2. Heat a teaspoon of oil or small knob of butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Drop a large tablespoonful of the batter per pancake into the pan to make pancakes. Make three or four pancakes at a time. Cook for about 3 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden. Serve with golden syrup and the rest of the blueberries.

1. Ali and Her
    September 22, 2017 / 7:07 pm

Oh my gosh yes please! This looks so delicious and achievable! Thanks for the recipe xAmina xx | http://www.AliandHer.com

September 22, 2017 / 7:40 pm

It was so easy to make, let us know if you make it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Rachael Shortt
    September 22, 2017 / 7:08 pm

Ohh these pancakes look so fluffy and yummy! Although I can't eat butter I'll have to have a go at making them for the boyfriend, maybe I'll treat him to breakfast in bed!PaleGirlRambling xo

September 22, 2017 / 7:41 pm

They were so fluffy! Ah such a shame, I’m sure you can use something else as an alternative but a treat for the bf is a cute idea too!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Pinkiebag Pinkiebag
    September 22, 2017 / 7:23 pm

Oh these look delicious a perfect treat for the weekend and one to try 😊.

September 22, 2017 / 7:41 pm

Perfect for the weekend and lazy mornings!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. WHAT EVA WEARS
    September 22, 2017 / 7:39 pm

Oh my gooooodddnnessssss! I'm going to HAVE to make this! I have such a weakness for blueberry muffins so these sound even dreamier! whatevawears.co.uk

September 22, 2017 / 7:42 pm

So glad you love them! Pls do make them and let us know how you get on!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Girl In Gamba
    September 22, 2017 / 7:56 pm

Oh my gosh these pancakes look so heavenly! I am a sucker for some fluffy pancakes and this recipe is coming just in time for a Saturday morning breakfast!-GGwww.girlingamba.com

September 25, 2017 / 6:28 pm

Fluffy pancakes are the best – hope you got to make these this weekend, if not real soon!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. Morgs
    September 22, 2017 / 8:07 pm

This looks so easy but delicious! Some serious photo inspo right here ahh <3Morgan // http://www.justmorgs.com

September 25, 2017 / 6:29 pm

Ahh thank you! It was pretty easy and so so delicious!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 25, 2017 / 6:30 pm

Yaaas pancakes are so good and so easy to be able to mix it up with other fruits.Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. Lovely
    September 23, 2017 / 7:04 am

Your pictures are AMAZING! I just ate and looking at your pictures made me hungry again.xxlovelytwenties.com

September 25, 2017 / 6:32 pm

I'm so glad you think so – hahaha seems like we do that a lot to people!!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. CharleneMcElhinney
    September 23, 2017 / 9:58 pm

These sound and look amazing! I desperately want to try these now! I actually tried my first blueberry muffin last weekend and it blew my mind (so much so that I ate 3…)!! Xoxoxox

September 25, 2017 / 6:33 pm

Mmmm blueberry muffins, well if you enjoyed those so much, you'd love these!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 25, 2017 / 8:22 am

Ooh these look absolutely amazing! I've sent my fiancé the link to this as he bloody loves pancakes, and I'm hoping he will make me these (as I can't seem to make them right😂) Love,Hayley xLifethroughtsg.com

September 25, 2017 / 6:33 pm

Hahahaha fair play! I really hope you enjoy them. Do let us know if you do!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

10. Sarah Ann
    September 25, 2017 / 7:44 pm

Oh I'm definitely going to make these! I usually shy away from making pancakes because they just turn into mush in the pan but these sound delicious. I'll let you know how I get on!

September 25, 2017 / 10:58 pm

Yes yes yes so exciting! Please do let us know!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 25, 2017 / 9:03 pm

Oooohhhh, the texture of these looks just divine! I love a fluffy American-style pancake! In fact, eating authentic American pancakes is one of the biggest reasons that I would want to visit the states hehe! I have recently been experimenting with vegan pancake recipes, trying to find the best kind of dairy-free milk to use haha! I'll get there eventually!Abbey 😘 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

September 25, 2017 / 11:01 pm

Ah yes, agreed – we'd defo love to try authentic American pancakes! Ugh YUM! We'd love to know what you use as an alternative for dairy free!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 26, 2017 / 6:08 pm

Gorge looking pancakes! I am useless when it comes to making them though, I stick to buying them when I'm out.

September 29, 2017 / 4:31 pm

These are the good ones, we don't show you the weird ones 😉 hahahaThank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 28, 2017 / 12:22 pm

Please can I move you in with me so you can be my full time chef? These look amazing, I'm definitely going to give them a whirl! I always manage to end up setting off the fire alarm in our house when I cook pancakes though … Any tips on how to avoid burning?! 😉 Kate x http://www.findingkate.co

September 29, 2017 / 4:32 pm

Hahahaha sold! To be honest, I'm surprised I never set the alarm off, but I don't know if this makes a difference but we use butter and always take away the old and add new butter each round we cook?Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

14. kate h
    September 29, 2017 / 11:28 am

Oh my God they look divine!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe, I wouldlove to make these!

September 29, 2017 / 4:32 pm

We hope you love them as much as we do if you make them!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

15. My life in rose tinted glasses
    October 18, 2017 / 7:27 pm

I am sooo down to try this recipe!!! I love anything blueberry!! Blueberry muffins, blueberry cheesecake and blueberry pancakes are the faves!! Thanks for sharing such a good looking recipe with us! Francesca | mylifeinrosetintedglasses.com Xox

October 20, 2017 / 10:44 pm

Oh aaas girl, then this was made of you! Do let us know if you make them!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓