Cinnamon Swirl, Cup Pasta & Belgian Waffles | Brussels Day 2

Caught up with Day 1?

Café Capitale – Rue du Midi 45

It always feels like it’s been a while since we’ve been to a proper little coffee shop, it doesn’t seem like we’ve been to many on this trip. We found this little gem whist walking around yesterday and vouched we’d come here this morning.

What caught our attention was what was written on the window. It was basically their story on how how they’ve travelled the world for the best coffee and they want to share their passion with us. Of course as coffee lovers, we were completely drawn to this and wanted to find out more.

It was cosy inside, filled with tourists and locals, some on their laptops like it’s their daily routine, while others got their coffee to go. The coffee was a delight and paired with our chosen cinnamon swirl. We’d defiently recommend this place if you’re in need of a pit stop.

Cup Pasta – Rue Montagne aux Herbes

Lunch was completely spontaneous and not all to exciting if i’m honest. We passed it on the way to the Comic Strip Centre and agreed on coming back. What caught us was their cheap prices and that’s exactly what we were looking for.

With any choices of what type and flavour pasta you’d like, to the portion size and even able to make a meal deal of of it. The pasta was homemade and fresh. The medium box first impression was it was too small, but it definitely filled us both up, along with James’ healthy option of an apple and my super soft and delicious white chocolate cookie.

Bia Mara – Rue du Marché aux Poulets 41

Dinner came along late, majority of the afternoon it was pouring down and we just didn’t want to walk around getting wet, so once we waited for it to settle it was already late.

We headed down right into the centre where many restaurants are lined up, but we knew exactly where we were going. You know when you just crave fish and chips? That’s what I wanted, but little did I know my choice was going to be changed when Jame pointed out that they had a special up: Filipino Adobo Panko and mango salad with spicy banana ketchup.

If you didn’t;t already know, I, Jessica am Filipino and I never tend to eat Filipino food outside of my own house. Why? Because nothing beats my grandmas cooking. Simple.

On this occasion, I was really intrigued and we just had to get it. James has had Adobo before in the household but we’ve both never tried it this way. Long story short before it gets longer than it needs to be, we both enjoyed it. We personally didn’t think it tasted like Adobo at all, but it was deliciously paired with the salad and ketchup (but the ketchup must had been homemade as to me, it was not the proper banana ketchup I’ve had)

Due to having late dinner, we once again missed the Waffle Factory (we should obviously check the closing times) but we were adamant on getting a Belgian waffle tonight and typically there were many little open stores still in business at this time of night – so we picked the closest one and got the banana and nutella waffle.

It was pretty standard, as waffles come but I think it was more of the disappointment that it wasn’t the waffle factory. We are once again going to aim to go there tomorrow, but for lunch, so let’s hope we actually do! Return tomorrow to find out (or on instagram if it’s worthy)

TRAVEL POST

**Please note: we are posting everyday over a period of 5 weeks on both blogs, please do be offended if we do not reply to your comments. We appreciate every comment and the love you are showing, it honestly means the world to us. If you have any questions, please send us a tweet!**

We have been shortlisted for the BEST FOOD BLOG for the second time in the #BloggersBlogAwards 2017, if you love what we do and truly believe we are worth your vote, please vote for us here – voting ends Sunday 10th September 2017.

Thank you to everyone who had nominated us, we are truly grateful, we hope you continue to join our in our adventures.

1. kayleigh Zara
    August 3, 2017 / 4:04 pm

Oh my god! This looks like the perfect day full of food! The coffee and cake, the pasta and cheese and the waffles omg xKayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

August 31, 2017 / 8:09 pm

I know right! It was actually such a great foodie day!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Anonymous
    August 3, 2017 / 4:05 pm

This all looks so amazing. That is a cute little story on the coffee shop window. I really want to get into working at coffee shops, taking my laptop and slowly getting through a few hours of work. This post has just made me think of it!Lois xwww.lifeasloismay.wordpress.com

August 31, 2017 / 8:10 pm

We fell in love with it and we knew we just had to go in – so glad we did! Yes, I really want to start going to and do some blogging work in a coffee shop!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Rachael Shortt
    August 3, 2017 / 4:11 pm

Ohhh all that food looks amazing! I really like the look of cup pasta! I know you two thought it was a little boring but I like that sort of plain food! LolThose waffles look yummy too! I hope you make it to the waffle factor tomorrow! PaleGirlRambling xo

August 31, 2017 / 8:11 pm

We only thought it would be boring for others but it's looking like the best – can't go wrong with pasta really!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. Kelly McKenny
    August 3, 2017 / 4:12 pm

The cinnamon swirl looks like the stuff of dreams, and the waffle doesn't look half bad either – hope you make it to the Waffle Factory though! x

August 31, 2017 / 8:13 pm

I see you like your sweet dishes!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Isabel
    August 3, 2017 / 4:18 pm

Cup Pasta looks amazing, I wish they had something like that where I live. Like a Pick N Mix pasta cafe!

August 31, 2017 / 8:15 pm

Omg yes exactly! Wish we had one of these in London too! Maybe there is and we don't know it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. Heather McLeish
    August 3, 2017 / 4:24 pm

These look amazing! Love a good coffee shop and a waffle shop! Hope you manage the waffle factory soon! Heather xox || http://www.xhighlandbeauty.co.uk

August 31, 2017 / 8:16 pm

We adore coffee shops so much, especially ones like this!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

August 31, 2017 / 8:19 pm

We love coffee!! The waffle was actually tasty on it's on than with toppings!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. Kim K Photography
    August 3, 2017 / 4:33 pm

Those waffles look perfect! I've not had waffles in so long I think I might have to treat myself soon 💖

August 31, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Yes do!! Wish we had a waffle marker at home!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. Tara Daniella
    August 3, 2017 / 4:35 pm

The cinnamon swirl looks like something dreams are made of! And there's not much more comforting than homemade pasta, you're giving me all the food envy! Tara xo http://taradaniella.com/

August 31, 2017 / 8:23 pm

Can't beat pasta can we? Such a go to!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

9. Emily
    August 3, 2017 / 4:36 pm

I really need to learn my lesson and make sure to have lunch before I check out your blog! That cup of pasta looks absolutely heavenly and I could definitely go for the latte in your first photo right about now!xxEmilyemilyhallock.blogspot.com

August 31, 2017 / 8:25 pm

Hahahahha glad you're learning! Or have some snacks on the side ;)Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

10. Chloe Salins
    August 3, 2017 / 5:54 pm

That food looks so good! Chloe MySecondAttempt

August 31, 2017 / 8:25 pm

It really was!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

11. just-a-kidd
    August 3, 2017 / 9:35 pm

That pasta looks so amazing. I'm so jealous!Lon xjust-a-kidd.blogspot.com

August 31, 2017 / 8:28 pm

Who knew that simple pasta would be the most popular here!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

12. Agnese Hadebe
    August 5, 2017 / 12:33 pm

Those waffles look insane <3 I love these kind of posts as I get to find out about nice places to visit one day http://www.agnesehadebe.com

August 31, 2017 / 8:29 pm

Glad you like these posts, hope you enjoy the other posts!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓