UK: Afternoon Trip to Portmeirion, Wales

Last week, we went to Chester for the week to visit James’ family and on one of those days, we took a cute little day trip to Portmeirion, which is on the coast of North Wales. The drive took an hour and a half, with such a scenic route for the most part and we got these just on time for our 2 course lunch at Castell Deudraeth.

After a very fulfilling lunch, we were all stuffed and ready to take a nice stroll. It was a short walk down to Portmeirion Village, where the film The Prisoner was filmed. The village itself was very pretty, very toy like with all the block colours and perfection.

Have you ever visited Portmeirion? What do you think of it?

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube

We have been shortlisted for the BEST FOOD BLOG for the second time in the #BloggersBlogAwards 2017, if you love what we do and truly believe we are worth your vote, please vote for us here – voting ends Sunday 10th September 2017.

Thank you to everyone who had nominated us, we are truly grateful, we hope you continue to join our in our adventures.

1. Emily
    August 29, 2017 / 6:01 pm

Awww, it's so nice to see a photo of you two! And yay for a trip to the Welsh coast! Wales is at the very top of my travel wishlist so I loved this post!xxEmilyemilyhallock.blogspot.com

August 31, 2017 / 9:40 pm

Aww thanks! It was our first proper time going into Wales and we loved it – so pretty!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Unknown
    August 29, 2017 / 6:33 pm

I'd never heard about this place but it sounds amazing! Definitely going on the travel wishlist 🙂 xKirstywww.corinneandkirsty.com

August 31, 2017 / 9:40 pm

First time hearing about it for me too, so lucky to have had James' parents take us there for a little day trip!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 1, 2017 / 9:37 am

I've never even been to wales before, but this place looks stunning! I love the little waterfall, and your pictures are gorgeous!Love,Hayley XLifethroughtsg.com

September 1, 2017 / 9:50 am

Thank you so much! We hope to explore more of Wales soon!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 1, 2017 / 7:07 pm

I just adore Portmeirion and visited so much when growing up, thanks for bringing back happy memories!

September 3, 2017 / 9:39 am

Aww glad that it brought you happy memories!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Charlotte Clark
    September 1, 2017 / 7:12 pm

Wales is (mostly) such a beautiful place – makes me proud to be from here! I've been to Portmeirion a couple of times and it really is a lovely place!

September 3, 2017 / 9:40 am

We have yet to see more of Wales! Oh nice, where else would you recommend?Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. Anne
    September 2, 2017 / 6:06 pm

I have never been there but it looks gorgeous! And the pic of you two is so cute! x

September 3, 2017 / 9:41 am

It's such a cute place! Aw thank you lovely!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 3, 2017 / 9:42 am

Glad you think so!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. Sian / sianblogs
    September 2, 2017 / 6:16 pm

Exploring villages, going for walks and a big lunch sounds like my kind of jam – I'm even getting excited over the thought of a scenic drive! I might have to take one tomorrow now…! 🙂

September 3, 2017 / 9:45 am

We love a good road trip, especially when the end destination looks like this! Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. Robyn Vernon
    September 2, 2017 / 6:19 pm

Awh I'm glad you both had a fab time! Loving all these pics, especially the one of the both of you! Robyn // http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk/

September 3, 2017 / 9:49 am

Such a great time! Thank you so much lovely, you're so sweet!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

September 3, 2017 / 6:35 pm

I'm a huge lover of photo diary posts, especially with images as gorgeous as these! You guys look adorable together in that photo, total #couplegoals! The village is stunning, looks like you had lovely weather to soak in the scenery as well! I definitely need to put Portmeirion on my bucket list of UK venues to visit!Abbey 💓 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

September 14, 2017 / 9:42 pm

It's such a great place to visit – we're so glad we had the opportunity! Thank you so much, glad you like the photos and you're so kind!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

10. Jessica Keynes
    September 10, 2017 / 6:49 pm

I find Wales is one of those places that you fall in love with when you're older. I never appreciated going to Wales on holiday as a kid and now I think how lucky we are to have such a beautiful place so close by!Jess || http://www.thatsjustspiffy.com

September 15, 2017 / 9:14 am

How interesting but fair enough. This was my first time and I can see why people love it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

11. kate h
    September 13, 2017 / 12:50 pm

I've never been there before but it looks gorgeous! I love how it's such a colourful place and it looks so peaceful too.

September 15, 2017 / 9:15 am

It literately looks like a toy town but its beautiful!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓