The Avocado Show & Oorlog Fries | Amsterdam Day 1

Caught up with Day 2 and Day 3?

The day has finally come, we have officially started our interrail travels. If you’ve been following us for a while now, you’d know we’ve been planning this trip for months! Not only are we going to experience new countries, we will also be eating all their good food that they have to offer.

Now of course, being the foodies that we are, we have obviously done a bit of research, not too much that we lose all spontaneity, but enough to know the biggies we simply couldn’t miss out on, and with that, we as sure wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity to eat at The Avocado Show!

Call me mainstream or whatever but if you really know me, you know I, Jessica loves avocados and The Avocado Show is simply my type of heaven, everything food wise on the menu had Avocado and not only just Avocado but in every aesthetic way pleasing, from avocado buns to roses.

Naturally, there was obviously a wait, not as bad as we’ve experienced before but we can hands down say it was worth waiting 45 minutes for. As this was our first stop after landing and heading over to our AirBnb, which you can read about here, it was already passing lunch time, so you can imagine the dedication we had going on here

Address – Daniël Stalpertstraat 61

The price was too a tad over our budget but again, so worth it – it just works, I Jessica got the poké bowl which had all the components of sushi and once again, if you know me, I’m a big lover of sushi too so it was a serious win win for me, while James got the avocado bun, which is self explanatory, with what you normally have within a burger but without bread and with avocado as its replacement.

As if we’d just leave it all there, on top of our mains we also added a plate of nachos with the usual, jalapeño, sour cream, salsa and obviously guacamole but this was your usual side, it was a mountain that could have honestly been a meal on its own or could have fed at least 6 people (okay maybe 4) but still, we were absolutely stuffed that we had to admit defeat and food won. Can you believe it? Food & Baker didn’t finish their food. Madness.

With our very stuffed and satisfied stomaches, we headed down to a few museums and explored the city, which you can read about here.

Address – Damrak 41

It was reaching to about 9pm and we were both getting a bit peckish, so we opted for getting something simple and of course with a bit of research and no second thoughts, a very well know kind of dish had come up and we just had to get it because apparently no trip is complete without having some Patatje Oorlog Friet, which is basically fries with a sauce that is some kind of speciality, we went for a large and boy was it large. It was weird but deliciously good and that was us set for dinner before heading to another and the best museum we’ve seen yet, the sex museum, which you can read in our travel post

Surprisingly, between you and me, I’m shocked we haven’t eaten more than we say we had but there’s always tomorrow and the next day!

Have you been to Amsterdam? Got any recommendations for us? Let us know in the comments!

TRAVEL POST

**Please note: we are posting everyday over a period of 5 weeks on both blogs, please do be offended if we do not reply to your comments. We appreciate every comment and the love you are showing, it honestly means the world to us. If you have any questions, please send us a tweet!**

1. Corinne & Kirsty
    July 2, 2017 / 7:12 pm

Ok, now I am starving, craving avocaod and want to go to Amsterdam! Seriously! This food looks amazing xx corinne

August 6, 2017 / 8:06 am

It was the perfect start to our trip! We love avocado!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Robyn Vernon
    July 2, 2017 / 7:15 pm

I've always wanted to travel to Amsterdam and oh my word! That food looks so so good! I hope you are having the best time! Robyn // http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk

August 6, 2017 / 8:07 am

You totally should! They have so much more to offer!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. kayleigh Zara
    July 2, 2017 / 7:21 pm

The food looks absolutely amazing! I'm going to Amsterdam next year and this has me so excited! X

August 6, 2017 / 8:07 am

You will love it honestly! This is a defo mist visit if you love Avo!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. Anonymous
    July 2, 2017 / 7:22 pm

Always wanted to go to Amsterdam, food looks amazing! Hope your having a great time! Abigail | chasingmydesire.com

August 6, 2017 / 8:08 am

Amsterdam was so good, defo visit when you can – there's so much to do!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Lillybet TV
    July 2, 2017 / 7:23 pm

Ooh this looks so good I'm obsessed with avacado it's so tasty I've heard good things about this restaurant and those fries look amazing glad you enjoyed it!Elliewww.headintheclouds.me.uk

August 6, 2017 / 8:09 am

Avocado and anything potato form is perfection to me! If you're obsessed you SHOULD visit!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. sara wood
    July 2, 2017 / 7:36 pm

This looks amazing! I'm a huge foodie so I'd love to try all of this. Such a great post can't wait to read more. Hope you have a great time

August 6, 2017 / 8:09 am

Yaaas fellow foodie, we'd definitely recommend this place!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. pennyslane
    July 2, 2017 / 7:37 pm

Wow, loads of foods to explore. When I went to Amsterdam, I was stuck by the number of pancake houses. Enjoy your travels.

August 6, 2017 / 8:10 am

Surprisingly we didn't have any pancakes! We really wanted to, don't know why we never!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. Hannah Louise
    July 2, 2017 / 7:39 pm

It looks amazing! I'm craving avocado more now than I was before! Can't wait to read more! xo Hanney | http://www.blogabouthanney.com

August 6, 2017 / 8:10 am

The avocado show is definitely the place to fulfil your cravings!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

9. Lydia Wilkins
    July 2, 2017 / 7:39 pm

I love the style of this post, but I will admit that the post made me feel very hungry; would you consider writing recipes?

August 6, 2017 / 8:11 am

We do write recipes! Well we have done before these travels but it's something we usually do, feel free to check them out!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

10. Sofia Without Knowledge
    July 2, 2017 / 7:40 pm

I LIVE IN THE NETHERLANDS! You should try some stroopwafels, frikandel and drop😍

August 6, 2017 / 8:12 am

We loooove stroopwaffles! We bought some to take back home with us!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

11. Lizzie Oladunni
    July 2, 2017 / 8:10 pm

Micah brought me here! The food looks so bomb.

August 6, 2017 / 8:12 am

Yay Micah! Thanks for popping by, hope you enjoyed!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

12. Kirsty Hebdon
    July 2, 2017 / 8:10 pm

All of this food looks so good! I loved Amsterdam when I was there, hope you are enjoying it, it's a beautiful city! Kirsty | The Monday Project | themondayproject.co.uk

August 6, 2017 / 8:13 am

Amsterdam is definitely in the top cities we've enjoyed the most!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

13. Charlotte Clark
    July 4, 2017 / 6:46 pm

This is only the first day and it's making me hungry already. I have a feeling I'll have a lot of food envy reading all of your posts!

August 6, 2017 / 8:16 am

Mwahahaha we hope you've enjoyed reading our posts!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

14. My life in rose tinted glasses
    July 20, 2017 / 9:19 am

Wow doesn't all that avocado look amazing!!! I love avocado but I'm not sure I could do thit avocado bun how did James find it?? I love the sliced up avocado is that the rose one? Love how it all looks!! Also the chips look so pleasing!!! Can't wait to read more about food on your travels eeek!! Francesca | mylifeinrosetintedglasses.com

August 6, 2017 / 8:23 am

The avocado bun was very messy, he did use a fork and knife but it was so slippery! I got the Poké it was sooo good! Hope you enjoyed the rest of our travels!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓