Our First Night Train Experience | Ljubljana Day 3

Caught up with Day 1 & Day 2?

Throughout our travels we have had decent weather to absolute sun heaven,  but today we were covered in rain (literally) along with some thunder and lightning! The beginning of the day wasn’t too bad, which is when we had our food tour, so that was all good, but as soon as it ended it just got worse.

Due to this, we were unable to continue with our original plan of exploring Ljubljana via bike. We were not prepared for the rain and in all honesty, it would have been a complete mess if we even tried.

That same night we were catching our next train to our next destination, a night train. Yes, 12 hours through the night, sleeping in a very tiny cabin of 6 beds in total. Crazy but what a story to add to our interrail experience.

We imagined we’d have some fellow interrail travellers with us to exchange stories, but that is not what we had at all. It was lights off by 9:30pm and straight to sleep.

Although it took us a while to get to sleep, once we had gone it wasn’t too bad at all and we slept pretty well in the end. We woke with about an hour and a half of the journey left, and were greeted with a coffee and a croissant, made even tastier with these breathtaking views of the Swiss mountains.

Now with the rest of the day ahead of us in Zurich, check back tomorrow to see what we get up to!

FOOD POST

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube**Please note: we are posting everyday over a period of 5 weeks on both blogs, please do be offended if we do not reply to your comments. We appreciate every comment and the love you are showing, it honestly means the world to us. If you have any questions, please send us a tweet!**

July 25, 2017 / 8:21 pm

I've always been intrigued by the idea of a night train, I nearly took one to Edinburgh once. 9.30pm for lights out is very early though. Coffee and croissant is a good way to wake up.

August 20, 2017 / 8:25 pm

It was too bad in the end – it was definitely an experience! Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. CharleneMcElhinney
    July 26, 2017 / 12:10 pm

Have fun in Zurich, can't wait to hear all about it! (and see what you guys have been eating, haha)! Loving these regular updates :)Charlene McElhinneywww.charlenemcelhinney.co.uk

August 20, 2017 / 8:30 pm

You must be as shock as we were on our foodie adventures in Zurich!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

July 26, 2017 / 12:11 pm

A night train doesn't sound too bad, plus it saves you money on accommodation for that night I suppose! I always fall asleep on transport anyway, so a bed would just make my journey a little comfier 😂Love,Hayley XLifethroughtsg.com

August 20, 2017 / 8:34 pm

That is very true actually – we did justify the price for it against a price of somewhere to stay! I'm exactly like that – comfort is a whole other topic though!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. kate h
    July 26, 2017 / 12:57 pm

Pity about having to cancelling your bike ride, hopefully you'll get to do it another time! A night train certainly sounds like an interesting experience!

August 20, 2017 / 8:37 pm

Yeah it was okay in the end! Such an experience it was!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

July 27, 2017 / 8:44 am

Oooh, I'm so intrigued by the night train experience! I am quite surprised that it was lights off so soon, I was half expecting to hear about your fellow travellers keeping you up until the early hours haha! This is certainly something I'd like to experience too, just for the novelty if nothing else!Abbey 🌸 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

August 20, 2017 / 8:42 pm

I know right but we had been sharing with an older lady who seemed to believe it was the right time to stay quite – wish it was the case to talk to all the travellers but meh!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. helen christie
    July 28, 2017 / 7:36 am

I've taken a few night trains through Asia, I actually quite enjoyed it! Those views are incredible!Hels xxwww.thehelsproject.com

August 20, 2017 / 8:43 pm

I'm sure this won't be our last night train! The views were so worth it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

July 28, 2017 / 1:20 pm

That sounds like a fascinating trip! I I could dreamily sit staring out at those beautiful mountain views whilst eating a croissant! You guys are smashing it with your holiday content, I already can't wait for the next instalment! Kate x http://www.finidngkate.co

August 20, 2017 / 8:50 pm

I know right, such a beautiful start to the morning with a little bite and coffee with these views!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. Alisha Valerie Gerrard
    August 1, 2017 / 1:33 pm

These pictures are so stunning. I could sit there all day! 🌸💗✨With love, Alisha Valerie. xwww.AlishaValerie.com | http://www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

August 20, 2017 / 8:52 pm

We were very lucky to have been able to witness these views!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓