Kava Tava & Croatian Baked Štruklji | Zagreb Day 2

Caught up with Day 1?

Kava Tava – Britanski trg 1

Thursday morning and it’s officially our first full day here in Zagreb and our first duty was to find breakfast. We came across this really quirky restaurant that were serving a Full English, eggs, large toasties, pancakes and more.

Inside, there was an unusual seating area that was set up as the inside of an aeroplane, where people can actually choose to sit and eat, along with other strange pieces of decor. There was a gold vespa and all, it was pretty cool.

Even their place mats were interesting, apparently there are many “kissing spots” around Zagreb and Kava Tava is one of them. The place mats showed all the other places in Zagreb. Again, it was fun to look at and see where each place is.

James once again opted for the Full English and I went for the white chocolate and strawberry pancake stack. It looked like a lot, but they were small enough to just be the perfect amount (she says, but didn’t finish her last two bites) but it was the best choice as that settled me good for the walking tour we were going to have later in the day.

La Štruk – Skalinska ul. 5

During our walking tour, we passed La Štruck and our guide suggested we try one of their traditionalcuisines here, as this has been ranked to be one of the best. Funnily enough, without even knowing this is exactly where we were planning to have lunch right after the tour.

Štruckli is basically like a pasta/dough and cottage cheese base, you could either get it with salty cheese or sweet cheese – sweet is basically as dessert but some do have it as a main. It could be served simply on it own or you can choose to have it with extras – we both opted for the Chef’s special which included garlic and cream. It was super tasty and hearty, just what we needed after a few hours of walking in the beaming sun. It was really cheap too, we’d definitely recommend it to any cheese lovers or anyone who loves trying traditional dishes.

They do cook every dish upon request, so when our dishes came out you could still see and hear the cheese bubbling away, from that, we knew it was love (okay, it’s getting weird) we’d love to go back and try a sweet one, we shall see!

Kelly’s Grill & Bar – Petrinjska ul. 55

For dinner we came across nearby Kelly’s Grill and Bar, serving burgers, sandwiches and salads. We do probably have burgers a bit too often, but we couldn’t resist them when choosing and ended up getting something pretty generic – it was good stuff though!

TRAVEL POST

**Please note: we are posting everyday over a period of 5 weeks on both blogs, please do be offended if we do not reply to your comments. We appreciate every comment and the love you are showing, it honestly means the world to us. If you have any questions, please send us a tweet!**

1. My life in rose tinted glasses
    July 21, 2017 / 6:32 pm

That breakfast looks immense!!! I love it I think just out of greed I'd have ordered both options for myself and probably left most of it haha my mum always use to tell me my eyes were too big for my stomach!!! 😂 Love the look of that burger too and the traditional dish, I love cheese so much it looks amazing! Francesca | mylifeinrosetintedglasses.com

August 17, 2017 / 9:41 pm

Hahaha if I could eat both I totally would have too! But we always share a bite or two so that's best hahaOmg you'd love that dish, so much cheese! Amazing!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

August 17, 2017 / 9:41 pm

It was so delicious and being the perfect amount for me to have!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Antonia
    July 21, 2017 / 7:07 pm

Štrukli was a great option as it's the traditional Croatian dish. I'm so glad to hear that you liked it. xAntonia || Sweet Passions

August 17, 2017 / 9:42 pm

Yes, we loved it! Such big cheese lovers we are!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Ellyn Rebecca
    July 21, 2017 / 7:18 pm

Those pancakes look incredible! I really want to explore more of Central Europe and down into Southeast Europe! Those pancakes are definitely an incentive to go!!

August 17, 2017 / 9:43 pm

You so should, travelling for food is the best reason to travel!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. Eleanor Smith
    July 21, 2017 / 7:20 pm

Oh my lord i am so jealous of your food today! Looks amazing i wish i could eat like that everyday!

August 17, 2017 / 9:44 pm

Why not? Live life hahaThank you for reading and commenting☺💓

August 17, 2017 / 9:44 pm

So hungry! It was the best!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Lydia Wilkins
    July 21, 2017 / 7:41 pm

I love these style of posts, the only drawback being that I am now really hungry!

August 17, 2017 / 9:44 pm

Hahaha glad you enjoy them Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. Britt K
    July 21, 2017 / 9:09 pm

The white chocolate and strawberry pancake stack sounds like the most amazing thing ever right now! I want it soooo bad!!!! Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

August 17, 2017 / 9:45 pm

I know right! I would kill to have them again!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

August 17, 2017 / 9:45 pm

They were so good! Would kill to have them again!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

August 17, 2017 / 9:46 pm

Hahaha sorry not sorry! Hope you had a good meal after this!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. Kat Last
    July 22, 2017 / 7:24 am

Jessica those pancakes look amazing, good choice!The Štruckli looks absolutely delicious too.Katxxkatlast.com

August 17, 2017 / 9:46 pm

Ugh you have no idea! Mouth watering!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. Julia
    July 22, 2017 / 11:27 am

Oh my goodness, look at those pancakes! Just looking at them makes my mouth water… Unbelievable… It's a bit of me even though my boyfriend does not understand how I can eat sweet meals for breakfast – erm, I can eat sweet meals all day long, darling, not just breakfast! 😀 I went to Croatia once but we never left the hotel and now I really regret it! Need to go back and check it out for sure.Amazing blog post! Julia x | http://www.theglassofclass.com

August 17, 2017 / 9:47 pm

Hahaha yes exactly! What? Yes you definitely need to hear back there asap!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓