Hostel Celica All You Can Eat Barbecue | Ljubljana Day 1

Caught up with AmsterdamBerlinPragueViennaBudapest & Zagreb?

With today being another travelling day, it was a matter of getting quick bites to eat for breakfast and lunch whilst on the go. However before we move on to this barbecue, a special mention to funnily enough… a complete stranger!

We’ve come to realise that in some countries that we are visiting, card payments aren’t taken in a lot of places. Even in what appear to be national chains of shops, restaurants, or in our case this morning, a bakery, we are faced with “sorry, cash only.” Although there has always been a cash machine nearby, it is at times pretty annoying.

When told we couldn’t pay with card this morning, it was an even greater pain than normal because this would be our last purchase in Zagreb, and with them having their own currency, it meant we would end up paying far more than we’d like just for a simple coffee and croissant each.

We knew the machines only gave out cash in 100 kouna notes, and our bill came to 44 kouna. That’s about £7 difference, and when travelling for a month, every little counts! But as we were about to walk out and get cash, an English lady sat eating her breakfast overheard. As she was also about to leave the country with spare cash she wasn’t going to use, she stopped us in our tracks and handed us a 50 kouna note.

Legend! The world needs more people like this. We were so grateful!

Moving on and when we’d arrived at Hostel Celica, our home for the next two nights, we noticed an all you can eat bbq sign in the reception, and we were sold!

All pretty self explanatory, but they do these bbq’s every Wednesday and Saturday, along with a different theme almost every night of the week. Freshly cooked and served in the outdoor seating area, it went down perfectly with a beer and cocktail from their bar.

TRAVEL POST

**Please note: we are posting everyday over a period of 5 weeks on both blogs, please do be offended if we do not reply to your comments. We appreciate every comment and the love you are showing, it honestly means the world to us. If you have any questions, please send us a tweet!**

1. Rachel Sargent
    July 23, 2017 / 7:06 pm

All of this looks delicious! Could go with a BBQ right about now haha

August 31, 2017 / 6:05 pm

Could live of BBQ! Am I right?Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Zoe Jackson
    July 23, 2017 / 7:21 pm

OMGoodness that looks so yummy. You've made me hungry when I've just finished eating, I never thought it was possible. Great post and happy travelling.

August 31, 2017 / 6:05 pm

So glad it was unlimited!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Rebecca Allan
    July 23, 2017 / 8:44 pm

I fricken love BBQ's, I could murder this right now! xDBecca xowww.blogs.becx.co.uk

August 31, 2017 / 6:06 pm

Trust me! Could do with another BBQ right now!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. Kat Last
    July 23, 2017 / 8:46 pm

Aww what a kind lady!The BBQ food looks amazing. Especially those potatoes and vegetables!Kat – katlast.comxx

August 31, 2017 / 6:06 pm

I know right, she was the sweetest!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. My life in rose tinted glasses
    July 25, 2017 / 10:18 am

Omg how amazing is that lady? I love when a complete stranger does something out of the goodness of their heart how amazing is she?! The all you can eat BBQ looks and sounds so good, you got to the hostel on the right day. Y the sounds of it!! Francesca | mylifeinrosetintedglasses.com

August 31, 2017 / 6:09 pm

I know! There are such nice people in the world, we're so grateful – we only wish she didn't disappear so quickly!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. Furkhundababy
    May 20, 2018 / 5:40 pm

It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks. on sale masterbuilt electric smokers

7. Linda Mason
    July 11, 2018 / 5:11 pm

I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. 1/8",3/8",1/4",3/4",1 inch,8mm needle valve