Dounteria & Schnitzels | Vienna Day 1

Caught up with AmsterdamBerlin & Prague?

Address – Margaretenstraße 9

So if you’re a true reader and have been following our travels every single day, you would have noticed we had no post yesterday. Really, there not much to it but you can read about it briefly over on our travel post.

So today we are calling today day 1 of Vienna and of course to kick off the day, we always need to start with coffee. With doing a bit of research we headed off to our first destination, which was closed. Walking around the corner, we found something that looked arguably better and was drawn to it straight away, called Figar. We opted to sit outside as that sun was roaring at 26 degrees, and it only being about 10:30am!

We both chose to have the Eggs Florentine, which we had a deep discussion about us not having it before or not (probably not) but nevertheless it was super tasty and had set our day right.

To top it off, as we do in every place we eat we leave a business card and the lovely man who served us spoke to us and gave us a follow on both food and travel Instagram’s. So shout out to you Lukas!

Address – Seilerstätte 30/Top 2

Before we even though about lunch we came across Dounteria, with the slogan saying, ‘the Austrian way of donuts’, now you can’t argue with that! The donut in the picture looks so much smaller in than it does in real life, in real life is was actually so big that James and I shared it and was completely satisfied (not that I would argue if we had 2 or 5 more)

We agreed on the Apple Strudel filling and it was delicious, words cannot even describe, we just know that we’re coming back for more!

Moving onto lunch, now we don’t have a picture purely because it wasn’t the most proud lunch, with being a typical tourist on the hop on hop off buses, we found ourselves in a somewhat mini adventure park, read more here, and ended up getting a quick bite to fill a hole until dinner as it was already 4pm.

Address – Neubaugasse 52

Due to our little lunch being late, we actually ended up having dinner a little later than usual. We of course wanted to have a traditional cuisine of Austria. Having been here for less than 24 hours, we’d seen Schnitzels every where! The best place for it according to TripAdvisor was somewhere called Schnitzelwirt. From the outside, it looked pretty glam, fairy lights and a nice outside seating area. So when we walked in to find what we thought was a grungy pub, it took us quite by surprise! But it was clearly full of locals, and Schnitzels were flying out of the kitchen every few seconds, so we stuck with it.

We both chose the signature Weiner Schnitzel, which is battered and pounded veal. As you can see, it was absolutely massive and we probably could’ve shared one portion of this. We’re not sure if this is harsh or not, but we thought it tasted like a chicken nugget. That’s all there is to say really. We may not have it again but at least we can say we’ve had it!

TRAVEL POST

**Please note: we are posting everyday over a period of 5 weeks on both blogs, please do be offended if we do not reply to your comments. We appreciate every comment and the love you are showing, it honestly means the world to us. If you have any questions, please send us a tweet!**

July 13, 2017 / 4:27 pm

Oh my gosh the UK really needs to get on board with dounteria!

August 10, 2017 / 4:24 pm

Trust me, that is exactly what we said!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. CharleneMcElhinney
    July 13, 2017 / 5:06 pm

I want one of those donuts so badly! That big battered thing that you said was the equivalent of a big chicken nugget sounds right up my street haha!!! Loving these updates! You are making me want to travel and go out and see the world and eat out more!Charlene McElhinney http://www.charlenemcelhinney.co.uk

August 10, 2017 / 4:25 pm

Hahaha knew you'd love it! You should travelling and food, travelling for food! We all need to do it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Corinne & Kirsty
    July 13, 2017 / 5:43 pm

OMG all the food looks amazing! You are making me so so hungry! I am so jealous! Your trip sounds like so much fun! xx corinne

August 10, 2017 / 4:25 pm

The food has been the best part of our travels of course!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. Charlotte Clark
    July 13, 2017 / 10:42 pm

The Schnitzel looks so good – I must admit, that's my perfect kind of food :') I'm definitely simple when it comes to food, haha. That doughnut looks divine!

August 10, 2017 / 4:26 pm

It was really delicious to be fair! Can't go wrong with it tbh!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Hels
    July 14, 2017 / 7:43 am

I want one of those donuts!!!! Your trip is looking so good and so tasty!!Hels xxhttp://thehelsproject.com/

August 10, 2017 / 4:26 pm

We're wishing we had more now!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

July 16, 2017 / 7:12 am

Wow, the doughnut looks very very good! Can't turn down the apple strudel hehe! Such a shame that the schnitzel was a bit disappointing, I've tried it once before when I was in Greece and I was also a bit underwhelmed! Ah well, you live and learn, eh?Abbey 👑 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

August 10, 2017 / 4:27 pm

Yes definitely! It was still good but yeah underwhelming! Glad to say we've tried it though!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. Alisha Valerie Gerrard
    July 16, 2017 / 11:41 am

That doughnut looks amazing!! It's making me feel like one myself now, lol. 🌸💗✨With love, Alisha Valerie. xwww.AlishaValerie.com | http://www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

August 10, 2017 / 4:27 pm

Yessss doughnuts all round!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. La dame chat
    July 16, 2017 / 8:40 pm

Everything look super delicious that my mouth got watery!xoMichelle|www.brokebutflawless.com

August 10, 2017 / 4:28 pm

Don't blame you! Everything is too good!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

July 16, 2017 / 9:22 pm

We lived in Germany for a long time and Schnitzel is a huge thing over there, too! They are SO DELICIOUS aren't they? My mouth is totally watering at the prospect of that yummy looking doughnut, and OH MY GOSH, aren't eggs Florentine the best?! Kate xhttp://www.findingkate.co

August 10, 2017 / 4:29 pm

We did try it for the second time and enjoyed it so much more!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

10. My life in rose tinted glasses
    July 20, 2017 / 10:16 am

I don't think I've ever had eggs flourentine either but it looks great and now I feel like I've missed out!! Yay to Lukas giving those social follows!! And that donut ahhhh you guys really are living the life right now!! Francesca | mylifeinrosetintedglasses.com

August 10, 2017 / 4:30 pm

It's very simple but so tasty! I know shout out to Lukas, he was great!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓