How could you say no to this colourful dish? It’s just so perfect for those spring/summer days, something healthy but full of flavour and choice, protein and all – also perfect for those post gym sessions (you know with summer coming and all)
We actually have made something really really similar on the blog last year, but this time we’ve added some cous cous for a bit of change.
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
– 2 pork loin steak (£1.80)
– 150g cous cous (70p)
– 1 bag of mixed salad (89p)
– 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
– 1 avocado, sliced (£1)
– 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (79p)
– Hand full of croutons (50p)
– 1 lemon, to squeeze
1. Salt and pepper the steak on both sides, being sure to rub in the seasoning (we added some garlic and mixed herbs too)
2. Heat the oil in a pan over high heat until slightly smoking. Meanwhile, boil some water in a pan and make your cous cous as instructed on the packet.
3. Sear the steak for about 2 minutes per side, then rest it on a cutting board for 10 minutes and slice the steak.
4. In your serving bowl, combined your salad and cous cous with a squeeze of lemon.
5. Add your eggs, avocados, croutons and tomatoes, then place your steak on top and add the dressing as you wish.