When you’re having a cosy night in and you just want to throw some things together and make a very hearty meal, then this is the dish for you! Spice it up with some chilli flakes or make it completely veggie and take out the chicken, or alternatively throw in some tofu instead.
Really easy, really quick with most things found in your kitchen already!
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins
– 1 tbsp sunflower oil
– 3 eggs, beaten with some seasoning
– 320g pack mixed stir-fry vegetable (£1)
– 1 tbsp mild curry powder
– 1 can sweetcorn (69p)
– 600g cooked rice
– 1 chicken breast, finely shredded (£2.50)
(or you can buy uncooked and cook it yourself)
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
– 2 tbsp ketchup
1. Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan and tip in the beaten eggs. Swirl the pan to coat in a thin layer of egg and cook for a few mins until set. Tip onto a chopping board, roll up, slice thinly and set aside.
2. Heat a little more oil, add the stir-fry veg, curry powder and sweetcorn. Cook for 1-2 mins until the veg starts to wilt, then tip into a bowl. Add the last of the oil to the pan, tip in the rice and chicken, mix well, then add the soy sauce, sweet chilli, ketchup, a splash of water and some black pepper.
3. Finally, add the eggs and the veg, toss together and heat through until hot. Tip into bowls and serve immediately.