Under 30: Sausages with Tomato, Leek & Butter Bean Mash

Welcome to another brand new series; this month we’ll be creating various dishes that only take 30 minutes or less to prep and cook. As we are full time workers and gym enthusiasts, we are always looking for quick and easy (mostly healthy) recipes to make! We hope you enjoy this series and do let us know if you create any of them and what you thought!

Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins

Ingredients:

– 1 x 454g pack Healthy Living Cumberland sausages (£1.50)
– 150ml (1/4pt) low-salt vegetable stock
– 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained (50p) each
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 500g (16oz) leeks, trimmed and sliced (44p) each
– 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste (£1.59)
– 3 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped (70p)

Total: £5.67

Instructions:

1. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Cook the sausages for 15 minutes, turning frequently, until golden all over and cooked through.

2. Meanwhile, put the stock and butter beans in a pan cook, uncovered, over a low heat for 10 minutes until the butter beans begin to soften. Season well, then roughly mash with a fork.

3. In a separate pan, heat the oil in over a medium heat. Add theleeks and cook for 10 minutes until softened.

4. Add the leeks to the mashed beans and mix well, add the sundried tomato paste and half of the thyme. Stir well to combine, then divide between 4 plates along with the sausages. Scatter over the remaining thyme to serve.

April 29, 2017 / 2:43 pm

The sausages look amazing! I'm one of those strange people who don't care much for mash of any sort.

May 6, 2017 / 8:00 pm

But, this mash is different, not potato and a great alternative to be fair!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Just Joelle
    April 29, 2017 / 9:08 pm

This looks so lovely, love the idea of a butter bean mash, will be giving it a go without a doubt! Joelle Xwww.justjoelle.co.uk

May 6, 2017 / 8:03 pm

It was our first time trying it and we will most definitely be making it over again.Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

April 30, 2017 / 8:29 am

The mash looks absolutely delicious, I really want to try that out! I've never heard of anything like it before, but I bet it's delicious! Certainly a lovely complement to the sausages, I'm sure!Abbey 😘 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

May 6, 2017 / 8:03 pm

It is something different to traditional mash but very much worth trying.Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

April 30, 2017 / 4:48 pm

That butter bean mash looks amazing 😍Quorn sausages are my absolute fav so I'll definitely be giving the mash a go next time I have some in!Hayley X

May 6, 2017 / 8:04 pm

We really want to try some quorn dishes, so we'll have to gie it a try too!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Charlotte Clark
    April 30, 2017 / 8:52 pm

I love sausages – there's a butcher's down the road from me and theirs are the BEST. I love mash too, but I have to have it with tons of gravy!

May 6, 2017 / 8:05 pm

Gravy is defo something missing but just as good without!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. Bronagh Ready
    May 12, 2017 / 9:43 am

This sounds like a lovely idea for a quick and easy dinner :)Bronaghwww.BronaghLoves.com

May 20, 2017 / 12:21 pm

It's something a little different!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓