Welcome to another brand new series; this month we’ll be creating various dishes that only take 30 minutes or less to prep and cook. As we are full time workers and gym enthusiasts, we are always looking for quick and easy (mostly healthy) recipes to make! We hope you enjoy this series and do let us know if you create any of them and what you thought!
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins
– 1 x 454g pack Healthy Living Cumberland sausages (£1.50)
– 150ml (1/4pt) low-salt vegetable stock
– 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained (50p) each
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 500g (16oz) leeks, trimmed and sliced (44p) each
– 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste (£1.59)
– 3 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped (70p)
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Cook the sausages for 15 minutes, turning frequently, until golden all over and cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, put the stock and butter beans in a pan cook, uncovered, over a low heat for 10 minutes until the butter beans begin to soften. Season well, then roughly mash with a fork.
3. In a separate pan, heat the oil in over a medium heat. Add theleeks and cook for 10 minutes until softened.
4. Add the leeks to the mashed beans and mix well, add the sundried tomato paste and half of the thyme. Stir well to combine, then divide between 4 plates along with the sausages. Scatter over the remaining thyme to serve.