Welcome to another brand new series; this month we’ll be creating various dishes that only take 30 minutes or less to prep and cook. As we are full time workers and gym enthusiasts, we are always looking for quick and easy (mostly healthy) recipes to make! We hope you enjoy this series and do let us know if you create any of them and what you thought!
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins
– 2tsp olive oil
– 1 medium onion, sliced
– 1 red pepper, sliced in strips (50p)
– 100g asparagus spears, cut into 3cm pieces (£1.80)
– 1tsp ground cumin
– ¼tsp cayenne pepper
– 4 large tortilla wraps (90p)
– 200g fresh salmon, skinned and cut into strips (£2.20)
– 50g wild rocket (£1)
1. Add the oil to a pan, then the onion, pepper and asparagus. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring regularly.
2. Add cumin and cayenne pepper to the onion and pepper and mix well.
3. Warm the wraps together in a dry, nonstick frying pan over a low heat for 2-3 mins. Alternate, so each gets time directly on the heat.
4. Add the salmon to the onion, pepper and asparagus and mix gently for 2 minutes so it cooks evenly.
5. Add a tablespoon of water, cover and turn off the heat. This will create steam and make a coating on the fish with all the pan juices.
6. Put ¼ of the mix and ¼ of the rocket into each tortilla. Roll up, cut in half and serve.