Welcome to another brand new series; this month we’ll be creating various dishes that only take 30 minutes or less to prep and cook. As we are full time workers and gym enthusiasts, we are always looking for quick and easy (mostly healthy) recipes to make! We hope you enjoy this series and do let us know if you create any of them and what you thought!
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins
– 1 cauliflower, separated into florets, leaves discarded (79p)
– 2 tsp sunflower oil
– 1 x 220g pack stir-fry vegetable medley (£2)
– spring onions and chilli, finely sliced
– 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste (£1.25)
– 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
– 150g (5oz) frozen peas (£1.35)
– 200g (7oz) everyday value frozen cooked and peeled prawns, defrosted (£2.40)
– 3 eggs
– 3 tsp toasted sesame oil
– 2 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce, plus extra to serve (optional)
– 1 tbsp chilli sauce (optional)
– 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
1. To make the cauliflower ‘rice’, pulse the florets a few times in a food processor or grate coarsely.
Heat the oil in a wok or sauté pan. Stir-fry half the sliced spring onions and chilli with the ginger and garlic paste for 1 minute.
2. Add the rest of the vegetables from the stir-fry pack, and the carrots and peas. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until just tender. Add the prawns and heat through for 2 minutes. Stir in the cauliflower rice and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Whisk together the eggs and 1 tsp sesame oil, then season. Make 2 spaces in the veg and pour in the egg. Let it set, then mix through with a flat spatula.
4. Toss the cooked veg and prawns with 2 tbsp soy sauce. Serve in bowls, drizzled with the remaining sesame oil. Top with the reserved spring onions and the chilli sauce, sesame seeds and extra soy sauce, if using.