Welcome to another brand new series; this month we’ll be creating various dishes that only take 30 minutes or less to prep and cook. As we are full time workers and gym enthusiasts, we are always looking for quick and easy (mostly healthy) recipes to make! We hope you enjoy this series and do let us know if you create any of them and what you thought!
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 3 garlic cloves, sliced
– 1 large red chilli, sliced (60p)
– 250g cherry tomatoes, halved (90p)
– 250g frozen leaf spinach (£1.40)
– 300g tagliatelle (59p)
– 100g light cream cheese (£1)
1. In a frying pan, heat the oil over a low heat. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add the tomatoes and spinach; season. Cover the pan, turn the heat to high, and cook for 7-9 minutes, until the spinach has defrosted. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling water following packet instructions. Drain, reserving 150ml (1/4pt) of cooking water.
2. Remove the frying pan from the heat and stir in the cream cheese. Add the pasta to the pan with a splash of cooking water; this will give you a glossy sauce.
3. Toss the pasta with the sauce, adding the reserved water to loosen it. Season to taste and serve with a green salad on the side, if you like.