I, Jessica have made two cheesecakes this week – TWO, quick and easy no bake cheesecake. One on Monday for a work colleague’s birthday and one on Friday as a fellow work colleague’s leaving do.
To be honest, these have just only been excuses to make such goodness, we’ve been eyeing up Frankie’s Caramel Oreo Cheesecake ever since it went live on her blog, but we’ve just never had a chance or a good enough reason to make such a big dessert for us two. So what better excuse, but a birthday celebration or a party.
Do stay in tuned for more baking stuff in April, as I hope to get back into it for Easter!
If you know me, I’m one of them people who experiment a lot with food, as in, I never measure anything down to it’s exact gram, I just go with what I think is best and do a taste every now and then until I’m happy, so although I followed Frankie’s recipe, I added a little more soft cheese and less sugar to create our own version.
So with that, I thought for this second cheesecake, I’ll take the same inspiration and swap the toppings and play with the ingredients a bit. I say that as if it’s much different, but here you go:
– 4 x 2g soft cheese (49p each)
– 300g rich tea biscuits (£1)
– 50g caster sugar (69p)
– 2 tbsp of strawberry jam (75p)
– 400g fresh strawberries (£1.69)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 3 tbsp butter, melted
1. Using a blender/food processor, break 280g of your biscuits in and blend, until you’ve got finer crumbs. Pour your biscuits into a bowl with your melted butter and combine. Now evenly mould this mixture at the bottom of your round cake tin/dish.
2. In a separate bowl, mix your cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and jam.
3. Slice your strawberries lengthways and lining them around your cake tin, leaving some left over to decorate later. Pour your soft cheese mixture in the middle of your cake tin, carefully around your strawberry slices and spread out evenly.
4. Finally top your remaining sliced strawberries and the remaining fine crumbled biscuits to decorate.
5. Place into your fridge overnight, for that perfect cheesecake texture.