UK: Let’s Go Punting in Cambridge

This Easter weekend, we decided to tick off another UK city from our bucket list, and visit Cambridge! What is there to do in Cambridge you may ask, well punting along the river cam is one of the cities postcard images, and with the sun shining, it seemed like the perfect way to spend an hour of our Saturday afternoon.

There are many companies offering a ride along the river, but we had the pleasure of being offered a shared tour from Let’s Go Punting. We’ll let the pictures do most of the talking in this post, but to quickly cover some of the main sights we saw along our 45 minute guided punt…

As you may imagine, Cambridge is dominated by university buildings, and we got to see 7 of the 31 university colleges along the way. These were: Magdalene, St Johns, Trinity, Trinity Hall, Clare, Kings and Queens.

We also passed through the Bridge of Sighs, The Wren Library, Kings College Chapel, The Mathematical Bridge, New Court St Johns, Clare Bridge and Magdalene Bridge. Each of the sights were explained by our fantastic tour guide, Nathan, who with his expert knowledge and wit gave us a very enjoyable and educational tour.

Let’s Go Punting offer a few different options to tailor the tour to exactly how you want. We took the standard shared tour, which we imagine to actually be the best way to go about things. With having other passengers onboard with us, it allowed us to learn extra facts through their questions to our chauffeur, and we got chatting to the family next to us in the boat. But aside from that, group and hen party bookings are taken, and a variety of picnics can be organised for you to have before or after your tour.

You can check out extra details of the different options here:

A massive thank you to Let’s Go Punting for having us along. We fully recommend them to anyone visiting Cambridge and are looking to tour the city in a relaxing way that to be fair, you can’t do in very many cities at all!

Do check out their website and social media through the links below…

Home

Facebook: /letsgopunting

Twitter: @letsgopunting

Instagram: @letsgopunting

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube

1. Antonia
    April 18, 2017 / 6:03 pm

This is amazing. It looks like so much fun. Cambridge seems like such a beautiful city. xo Antonia || Sweet Passions

2. Abigail West
    April 18, 2017 / 6:10 pm

I've always wanting to go punting in either Cambridge or Oxford. I think it's perfect in summer with beautiful weather! Definitely will check this site out, still haven't been to Cambridge so I will put it on my list of cities to visit in the U.K. Abs x https://afababulouslife.blogspot.com

April 18, 2017 / 6:19 pm

I've actually been on this exact punt trip before when I visited Cambridge! It's a really lovely way to see the city, the Bridge of Sighs and the back of King's College are especially beautiful! Thank you for sharing your trip!Abbey 💓 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

4. Chelsea ann
    April 18, 2017 / 6:26 pm

Great post! Thanks for sharing this and for sharing those photos. I have never been to Cambridge but it does look like a beautiful great place to go tour!

5. kayleigh Zara
    April 18, 2017 / 6:39 pm

Sounds like an amazing trip! I love visiting Cambridge so I'll have to give the tour a go x

6. Corinne & Kirsty
    April 18, 2017 / 6:43 pm

Really want to visit Cambridge someday, it looks like such a cute place! And punting definitely seems like something to do now :p-Kwww.corinneandkirsty.com

7. Emma Pearson
    April 18, 2017 / 7:07 pm

Wow, it looks sooo busy! I live 2 hours away from Cambridge. I went there for the first time in January for a couple of days. It was too cold to go punting, though! Thanks for reminding me to return to Cambridge soon…stunning! You managed to capture some superb piccys! http://www.emmzeebee.blog

8. Danielle Ruppert
    April 18, 2017 / 7:29 pm

I definitely have quite a few places that I want to visit in the UK, mostly because I have a good amount of blogger friends from the UK that I would love to visit♥ This place looks beautiful so I will have to add it to my list :)-Danielle Ruppertdanielleruppert.com

9. Lolita Bonita
    April 18, 2017 / 9:33 pm

Looks like such a fab day and you got some sunshine! xLola Mia // ww.lolitabonita.co.uk

April 19, 2017 / 10:53 am

Wow looks like you had a really cute trip! I've never been to Cambridge, but it surely looks like a gorgeous city!Love,Hayley ✨LifeThroughTSG.com

11. Charlotte Clark
    April 19, 2017 / 8:38 pm

This looks like such a fun thing to do! The punts look surprisingly comfortable with the squishy seats. The architecture all looks amazing too! One of my high school friends when to Cambridge uni and she loved punting 🙂

12. Just Joelle
    April 22, 2017 / 10:24 pm

Punting is on my to-do list, looks super busy but the weather looks perfect for it. Glad you had an amazing timeJoellewww.justjoelle.co.uk

13. Bronagh Ready
    April 24, 2017 / 8:14 pm

This looks like the most amazing thing to do on a sunny day!I'll be adding this to my list of to-do'sBronaghwww.BronaghLoves.com

14. Ashlee Mo
    April 28, 2017 / 7:38 pm

Looks like you had the most incredible time punting! I would definitely love to experience it.Ashlee | ashleemoyo.com

15. Geet Singh
    April 29, 2017 / 12:27 pm

Such a lovely post! Cambridge looks like a lovely place X

16. Madooka
    June 23, 2017 / 5:21 pm

Great post – love your video! I really like the Shared Punting Tours with Cambridge Punt Company.