Welcome to another brand new series; this month we’ll be creating various dishes that only take 30 minutes or less to prep and cook. As we are full time workers and gym enthusiasts, we are always looking for quick and easy (mostly healthy) recipes to make! We hope you enjoy this series and do let us know if you create any of them and what you thought!
It specifically says to watch the garlic because I managed to burn mine in 1.2 minutes! So be careful for that!
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 12 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins
– 200g (7oz) medium noodles (£2)
– 4 tbsp tamarind sauce (£1)
– 2 tbsp fish sauce (take out if vegeterian)
– 1 tbsp brown sugar
– 1/2-1 tsp tsp chilli flakes
– 2 tbsp vegetable oil
– 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
– 1 x 320g pack vegetable and beansprout stir fry (£1.70)
– 50g (2oz) roasted peanuts, roughly chopped (£1)
– 1 lime, quartered (30p)
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic. Cook briefly, watching it doesn’t burn, then add the tamarind, chilli flakes and fish sauce mixture. Let this bubble for a minute, then transfer to a bowl.
2. In the same pan, on medium-high heat, add the beaten eggs. Let them set for a minute, without stirring. Once set, break vigorously with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the stir fry vegetables and cook for 2 minutes, stirring from time to time. Then add the noodles, pour over the sauce, stir well and cook for another minute or two. Serve sprinkled with chopped peanuts and a squeeze of lime.