Welcome to another brand new series; this month we’ll be creating various dishes that only take 30 minutes or less to prep and cook. As we are full time workers and gym enthusiasts, we are always looking for quick and easy (mostly healthy) recipes to make! We hope you enjoy this series and do let us know if you create any of them and what you thought!
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
– 1 tsp olive oil
– 100g black kale, shredded (£1)
– 2 x 227g tin chopped tomatoes (35p)
– 1/2 tsp ground cumin
– dash Tabasco, plus extra to serve
– pinch sugar
– 2 eggs
– toast, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to gas 4, 200°C, fan 180°C. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the kale with a splash of water. Stir-fry until wilted then stir in the tomatoes, cumin and Tabasco, with a little seasoning and a pinch of sugar. Cook for 3-4 minutes until heated through.
2. Pour your mixture in ovenproof bowl dishes. Make a couple of holes in the mixture and break an egg into each. Pop the pan into the hot oven for 10 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked through. Serve with toast, if you like, and a drop or two of extra Tabasco.