Under 30: Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Kale (v)

Welcome to another brand new series; this month we’ll be creating various dishes that only take 30 minutes or less to prep and cook. As we are full time workers and gym enthusiasts, we are always looking for quick and easy (mostly healthy) recipes to make! We hope you enjoy this series and do let us know if you create any of them and what you thought!

Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins

Ingredients:

– 1 tsp olive oil

– 100g black kale, shredded (£1)

– 2 x 227g tin chopped tomatoes (35p)

– 1/2 tsp ground cumin

– dash Tabasco, plus extra to serve

– pinch sugar

– 2 eggs

– toast, to serve (optional)

Total: £1.35

Instructions:

1. Preheat the oven to gas 4, 200°C, fan 180°C. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the kale with a splash of water. Stir-fry until wilted then stir in the tomatoes, cumin and Tabasco, with a little seasoning and a pinch of sugar. Cook for 3-4 minutes until heated through.

2. Pour your mixture in ovenproof bowl dishes. Make a couple of holes in the mixture and break an egg into each. Pop the pan into the hot oven for 10 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked through. Serve with toast, if you like, and a drop or two of extra Tabasco.

April 1, 2017 / 10:06 am

Ooh I do love eggs. Also this strikes me as a real weekend meal. You could have it for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!

April 6, 2017 / 7:21 pm

Exactly, we had it for dinner but I'd imagine it'd be good for any kind of meal!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

April 3, 2017 / 7:37 am

This photo looks like it was taken out of a cookbook, wow! I am such a fan of baked eggs, so I really need to try this recipe out! Can't get over how cheap it is too, although I might make some potato wedges instead of toast to go with mine to make sure I'm full hehe! Thanks for sharing another mouthwatering recipe!Abbey 👾 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

April 6, 2017 / 7:22 pm

Oh what a compliment, thank you so much! It was out first time trying it and we're so happy!Potato wedges is a good shout! Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Francesca Nelson
    April 3, 2017 / 8:02 am

This looks so yum!!! I love the photo too its super rustic and gives me all the feels!! Eggs for me are great because I get the protein and its always a healthy lunch/breakfast whatever! I need to make this asap!

April 6, 2017 / 7:31 pm

I have to admit, it is one of my fav photos so far!Such a good post gym dish!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. Charlotte Clark
    April 3, 2017 / 4:56 pm

Have you seen any Studio Ghibli films? The first thing I thought was that it looks like food from a Ghibli film! It has that great rustic feel. I really love your photography – I agree with Abbey above, you should definitely make a cookbook! 😀

April 6, 2017 / 7:32 pm

No, I haven't, but I'll check it out! Oh thanks!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

April 3, 2017 / 7:25 pm

Oh my, this looks INCREDIBLE! And so cheap too, amazing! I'm really loving this series! And I agree with Abbey too, this would make a perfect cookbook! Love,Hayley X

April 6, 2017 / 7:33 pm

Hope you enjoy the rest of the series!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. Bronagh Ready
    April 4, 2017 / 2:05 pm

This sounds like the perfect thing to have for Breakfast on a Sunday!I'll have top add it into my meal planner to try!Bronaghwww.BronaghLoves.com

April 6, 2017 / 7:35 pm

Mmm yeah, might have it this weekend myself actually!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓