Pancake Day: Breakfast Club Challenge

The Breakfast Club Pancake Day Challenge – £20

Pancake day is here again, and we couldn’t think of a better time (excuse) for I, James to do my first food challenge! We rocked up straight after work, not thinking about the popularity of this place, especially on this day of the year. We queued for an hour and a half, but after psyching myself up all day for this, I wasn’t just going to walk away. Jessica and Charlyn ending up opting for the pancake day special of salted caramel banoffee.

The challenge was 12 pancakes, in 12 minutes. Every single part including the toppings must be eaten. And to my surprise, at the last second, with only the tiniest glass of water to last me the duration.

Finish, and it’s free, don’t finish, and it’s £20. All the profits made would go to Create, a charity which uses the power of Creative Arts to transform the lives of young carers.

Salted caramel banoffee – £9

In walked the two waiters, one with the pancakes, and one with a whistle, a stopwatch and a phone to take my photo. Surrounding tables looked on with rallying looks of encouragement and endearment, but I couldn’t let the fame get to my head. It was down to business.

I made a strong start, on track with pancake a minute, but only for about the first 4 minutes. Maybe I got a bit too confident and subconsciously slowed down, but not long after, I realised this was going to be a lot harder than it first looked.

The maple syrup and cream wasn’t enough to stop it being too dry, without the water which would’ve made things so much easier. I lost momentum and was quickly down to a pancake every two minutes, and in the end, miserably failed with only 7 out of 12 pancakes eaten.

I was applauded, but all that’s now left to show for my efforts, is a free keyring! Everyone’s a winner really. Oh, and then they took another photo of me with a sign carrying the comforting words of ‘Epic Fail.’

Cheers!

1. Candice Mes
    March 2, 2017 / 5:04 pm

Wow those pancakes look delish! Don't think I could of beaten the challage either!

March 12, 2017 / 9:34 pm

It was so good, but way too much hahaThank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Lolita Bonita
    March 2, 2017 / 5:05 pm

I do not think I could handle a food challenge at all! I get too full too quick. However id I was ever to partake in one this one sounds grear especially as the money goes to charity! XLola Mia // http://www.lolitabonita.co.uk

March 12, 2017 / 9:35 pm

Yeah exactly, don't think James would have done it otherwise if it didn't go to a good cause in the end.Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Breanna Catharina
    March 2, 2017 / 5:06 pm

Aww, at least you tried, James! I couldn't have made it to four without bursting. I probably would have gone for the salted caramel myself 😍 Way to go with your first food challenge!Breanna Catharinatoocuteforlife.com

March 12, 2017 / 9:36 pm

Salted caramel was defo a better choice for myself!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. lindsaymurrell
    March 2, 2017 / 5:08 pm

Those pancakes look amazing! But to get them all eaten in 12 minutes I could never do that either! Sounds like it would be a great laugh though :)!L xowww.lindsaymurrell.co.uk

March 12, 2017 / 9:36 pm

It was such a laugh to watch and all for a good cause in the end!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. Vicki Louise
    March 2, 2017 / 5:08 pm

i'm literally drooling at these pancakes oh my godVicki xhttp://neverlandvicki.blogspot.co.uk/

March 12, 2017 / 9:36 pm

They were pretty damn tasty!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. Corinne & Kirsty
    March 2, 2017 / 5:08 pm

OMG, it looks so so good! Although there are so many pancakes! And if you couldn't eat everything, I don't see how I could ever! We had savory crêpes last Tuesday and I was done after two ahah! xx C&K

March 12, 2017 / 9:38 pm

I know right, wish we had a balance of sweet and savoury on our table now.Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. Chloe
    March 2, 2017 / 5:16 pm

Wow those pancakes look amazing. What a fab idea with the pancake challenge. Eating 7 is a real achievement, Chloe #TeacupClub

March 12, 2017 / 9:39 pm

7 is still really good considering!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. Kim K Photography
    March 2, 2017 / 5:25 pm

Oh my these pancakes look amazing !!! 💖

March 12, 2017 / 9:39 pm

They were so so good!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

9. Serena Reidy Books
    March 2, 2017 / 5:29 pm

These pancakes look delish! I had pancakes for lunch today but this post is making me want more! I don't think I'd be able to eat 12 in 12 minutes though!

March 12, 2017 / 9:40 pm

Don't think we'll be eating pancakes for a while now hahaThank you for reading and commenting☺💓

10. kayleigh Zara
    March 2, 2017 / 5:31 pm

Omg this challenge sounds absolutely amazing! The pancakes look so delicious – I think I'd fail the challenge though x

March 12, 2017 / 9:41 pm

Hopefully there will be more challenges to come and one to succeed hahaThank you for reading and commenting☺💓

11. Lizzie ♥
    March 2, 2017 / 5:44 pm

I think you did a great job, there's no shadow of a doubt I'd barely eat 4 let alone 12! £20 is definitely worth it though as everything looks so delicious. Lizzie Bee // hello lizzie bee

March 12, 2017 / 9:42 pm

It was most defo worth it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

12. mchiouji
    March 2, 2017 / 5:57 pm

Those pancakes look absolutely delicious and despite not finishing the challenge, you did manage to eat 7 out of the needed which was more than half, so you did great. (Is it sad that if given the chance and at the right moment, I'd probably eat it all and then sleep forever? I'm that kid. -.-)mchi | mchiouji — http://blog.mchiouji.me ・ω・

March 12, 2017 / 9:43 pm

Hahaha that would be such a plan, eat them all and sleep forever!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

13. Cora Linn
    March 3, 2017 / 9:48 am

Those pancakes look delicious!I think seven is a good effort, I'd probably manage about that many too. Did you get to eat them all in the end after the challenge?

March 12, 2017 / 9:44 pm

Yeah we managed to take the rest home after, don't think he could have finished them straight after hahaThank you for reading and commenting☺💓

14. Francesca Nelson
    March 3, 2017 / 2:43 pm

Oh my word I would have failed so bad!!! What a great idea though haha a little bit of fun too! I like that they give the profits to a charity for young carers thats so thoughtful!! Well done for playing a strong game, you defo did better than I'd be able to!www.mylifeinrosetintedglasses.com

March 12, 2017 / 9:45 pm

It was so fun, especially to watch! Defo worth doing it and failing knowing that it goes to a good cause.Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

March 12, 2017 / 9:47 pm

They were defo picture perfect! Oh no, you could have helped finish off the rest we had, so many left over!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓