Restaurant: The Caffeine Drip – Melville Place, Edinburgh

Sweet French toast – slices of germagrain bread, dipped in a whisked egg with cinnamon and vanilla mix, served with fried banana – £8.50

It’s our last day in Edinburgh, and we couldn’t leave without a visit to The Caffeine Drip, which again I came across on the internet before we came. It’s tucked away in the West End of the city, a small staircase leading down to a secret hideaway of fantastic breakfast and lunches.

It’s a South African Cafe and Bakery, with all the traditional stuff, along with some less common dishes, which is perfectly proven by this post!

Out of all the coffees we’ve had whilst in Edinburgh, this ranks at the top in my opinion. For once, large actually meant large, and my latte was super smooth and creamy, whilst still being really hot. As much as we love specialty coffee, we often find ourselves having to ask for it be extra hot as there is a common belief that heating it much past luke warm takes away the taste. Yet here, they had it spot on!

Jessica’s mocha also had the perfect ratio of coffee to chocolate and both went down perfectly with our breakfasts.

White chocolate mocha – £3.25, Cappucino – £3.10

I went for the full cooked breakfast, going for all the traditional extras, although there were many options which allowed you to build your own. As standard came three, yes three poached eggs, toast, and a sauce of your choice. Then the rest was down to you. There must have been 10-15 different extras to choose from, all at a supplement. Every aspect of it was delicious and it made for a perfect start to my Sunday!

Cyo breakfast – three poached eggs, germagrain toast, fried mushrooms, smoked bacon, grilled sausage, and HP sauce – £11.35

Jessica went for the more alternative option of french toast with fried banana, which after having to finish it because she was so full, was also delicious! It would never have been something I would choose, but that might change from now on. Fried banana was again just one of the number of options to have on the french toast, but I couldn’t imagine anything going much better. Jessica certainly made a good choice!

This fueled us for our final day in Edinburgh. We’ll doubtless be back before long, and a good chance we’ll be back to The Caffeine Drip too. It comes highly recommended.

Food: ★★★

Customer service: ★★★★

Atmosphere: ★★★
Toilets:

1. Francesca Nelson
    March 16, 2017 / 10:23 am

A white choc mocha sounds right up my street!!! Lovely breakfast and nice way to end the trip!!

• Food & Baker
      March 19, 2017 / 3:51 pm

Aaas anything white chocolate form is right up my street!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

2. Breanna Catharina
    March 23, 2017 / 4:22 am

I never would have thought to fry bananas, but why not? That actually sounds yummy and perfect for French toast. That picture of your drinks is great! xxBreanna Catharinatoocuteforlife.com

• Food & Baker
      March 27, 2017 / 1:47 pm

It was the perfect combination with a little crunch with the French toast!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

3. Corinne & Kirsty
    March 23, 2017 / 5:09 pm

OMG, everything looks so so good! And how come haven't I heard or seen this café before?! Coz i kinda lived in Edinburgh… I feel like I still have so much more to see of that city! Great post! xx Corinne

• Food & Baker
      March 27, 2017 / 1:47 pm

Ahhh we feel like that too, that's why we plan to go back! You should defo go visit!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

4. Charlotte
    March 23, 2017 / 5:11 pm

Even though it's not something I'd usually choose, the fried banana on toast sounds gorgeous!I'm not a coffee fan but those pics look gorgeous too! Lovely post Charlotte🖤theporcelaindollblog.blogspot.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      March 27, 2017 / 1:48 pm

It's always good to try something new!!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

5. sophieannetaylor
    March 23, 2017 / 5:22 pm

That sounds actually amazing? Even the banana! Not sure about the coffee as I'm more of a tea fan but I'm sure I'd find a nice cuppa here, the whole place seems so great! Will definitely have to pay a visit soon! xxsophieannetaylor.blogspot.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      March 27, 2017 / 1:48 pm

They did have plenty of tea choices too! I'm sure you'd enjoy just as much!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

6. Lolita Bonita
    March 23, 2017 / 5:43 pm

This looks so delicious and such generous portions! The coffees do look smooth and the milk well frothed xLola Mia // http://www.lolitabonita.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      March 27, 2017 / 1:49 pm

It was really really good, we were defo full!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

7. Pinkiebag Pinkiebag
    October 26, 2017 / 4:12 pm

Gosh the breakfast looks amazing, although that said I would be straight onto the vegan sweet treats with a nice cup of tea.

October 27, 2017 / 12:28 pm

Mmmm it was so worth it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺💓

8. jenny lopz
    December 9, 2017 / 2:10 pm

You can drink unsweetened mixers like vodka, rum, tequila, gin, bourbon, scotch, cognac, and schnaps, alongside the infrequent low-carb lager visit our website.

9. Anonymous
    August 6, 2018 / 11:11 am

I think mimicking popular posts on other blogs is one of the best ways to get a good idea which will be popular.Such a lovely blog you have shared here with us. Really nice. Visit Now