– This recipe is based on the Lean in 15 cookbook by Joe Wicks –
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins
Make ahead – Good to freeze
– 40g butter
– 4 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, cut into 1 cm strips (£2)
– 1 red onion, diced
– 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
– 500g cod fillet, skinned and cut into 2cm chunks (£3.70)
– 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes (74p)
– 16 pitted black olives (£1)
– 2 balls of mozzarella, torn into chunks (94p)
– 40g pine nuts
– Basil leaves, to serve – optional
1. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add the bacon and onion and fry for 2 minutes or until onion is starting to soften and the bacon is cooked, Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
2. Drop in the chances of cod and fry, turning the chunks every now and then, for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the olives and mozzarella, then take the pan off the heat and let the mozzarella melt in the residual heat.
4. Serve the cod topped with the pine nuts – and the basil leaves, if using.