– This recipe is based on the Lean in 15 cookbook by Joe Wicks –
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 8 mins
– 8 rashes of smoked back bacon (£1.50)
– 2 ripe avocados (£1.89)
– 4 eggs (95p)
– 2 red chilli, finely sliced
1. Preheat your grill to maxim, then lay the bacon on the grill pan or a baking tray and slide underneath. Grill for 3 minutes on each side for crispy bacon.
2. Meanwhile, cut your avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop out a generous tablespoon of flesh from each half to create a hole big enough for the egg. No need to waste the leftover avocado – eat it on the spot!
3. Crack an egg into each avocado half, pierce each egg while in a couple of places, season with a little salt and pepper and place on a microwavable plate. Cook the eggs in 30-second hurts for 2 minutes – this should ensure firm whites, but runny yolks. Leave to stand for 1 minute.
4. Serve up the baked eggs and avocado with the bacon and a scattering of chilli.