– This recipe is based on the Lean in 15 cookbook by Joe Wicks –
Tonight we did our second spin class, didn’t feel bad as the first time, so I guess that’s a good sign, since coming back home let, we thought this quick club sandwich would do the trick – little did we know how hefty and filling it would be. We arranged the fillings in a different order but find the original below.
Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 6 mins
– 4 eggs (£1.35)
– 8 slices of thick sliced bread (£1.40)
– 2 large tomatoes, sliced (70p)
– 1 round lettuce, leaves only (£1)
– 600g mixed sliced deli-style meats (£1.70R)
– 2 big pickled gherkin, to serve – optional (£2)
1. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil before carefully lowering the eggs and boiling for 6 minutes. Drain and run the eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle and peel them.
2. Place the eggs in a small bowl, season generously with salt and pepper, then crush with the back of a fork.
3. Toast your bread. When the bread is ready, build up your sandwich: lay the four slices in front of you and spread equally with crushed egg, then divide the tomato, lettuce and meat equally across 3 slices. Stack up these 3 slices and then flip the last one to create a lid.
4. Slice into triangles and gobble down with gherkin chaser.