On A Budget: Pizza Baked Potato

Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr & 45 mins

Ingredients:

– 4 Baking Potato (£2)

– 1 tbsp Olive Oil (£1.20)

– 1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped (15p)

– 1 Garlic Clove, crushed (20p)

– 60g pack Sliced Pepperoni, torn (£1)

– 400g canned Chopped Tomato (38p)

– 1/2 Basil Leaves, shredded (60p)

– 100g Mozzarella, grated (£1.80)

Total: £7.33

Instructions:

1. Pre-heat the over at 200 degrees. Scrub the potatoes and dry well, then pierce several times with a fork all over. Bake in the over for an hour / hour and a half, until soft. If you are short for time, alternatively, you can wrap each potato in kitchen paper and microwave on high for 10 minutes.

2. While the potatoes cook, heat oil in a small pan and fry the onions until soft. Stir in the garlic and torn pepperoni and cook for a few minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste and add half the basil.

3. One the potatoes are ready, place on a plate, cut in half as a pocket, spoon over each potato with your sauce and a handful of cheese and the rest of the basil. Serve immediately and enjoy!

1. Francesca Nelson
    January 7, 2017 / 6:10 pm

What a great idea!!! Why have I never thought of pizza jackets before!? I bet these were tasty! I almost always forget about jacket potatoes but I really do enjoy them, I think the kids would even eat this so has to be on my list of meals!! http://www.mylifeinrosetintedglasses.com

• Food & Baker
      January 12, 2017 / 12:27 pm

These were super easy and so tasty, we love both – so why not combine the two loves right?Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

2. kayleigh Zara
    January 8, 2017 / 9:22 am

I've never tried this before but they look amazing!? I've heard of pizza bread and all that but never a pizza potato, going to have a crack at making these Tuesday x

• Food & Baker
      January 12, 2017 / 12:27 pm

Let us know how you get on! Going to look into pizza bread now!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

3. Alys George
    January 8, 2017 / 12:04 pm

This is such a good idea, it looks so yummy! Anything which has the words pizza involved and I'm in!Alyswww.alysgeorge.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      January 12, 2017 / 12:27 pm

Omg I know right! Can't go wrong with pizza!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

4. Gwennan Rees
    January 8, 2017 / 3:17 pm

Omgahhhhh guys this looks incredible <3 <3 What an ace idea and so cost friendly too! xx

• Food & Baker
      January 12, 2017 / 12:28 pm

Thank you! We hope we've inspired you to try it yourself!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

5. Victoria
    January 15, 2017 / 6:37 pm

This isn't something I would ever have thought would sound remotely appetising but it really does and it looks great; well done guys! X

• Food & Baker
      January 20, 2017 / 10:14 am

Anyhting pizza is just a great idea isnt it!?Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓