Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr & 45 mins
– 4 Baking Potato (£2)
– 1 tbsp Olive Oil (£1.20)
– 1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped (15p)
– 1 Garlic Clove, crushed (20p)
– 60g pack Sliced Pepperoni, torn (£1)
– 400g canned Chopped Tomato (38p)
– 1/2 Basil Leaves, shredded (60p)
– 100g Mozzarella, grated (£1.80)
1. Pre-heat the over at 200 degrees. Scrub the potatoes and dry well, then pierce several times with a fork all over. Bake in the over for an hour / hour and a half, until soft. If you are short for time, alternatively, you can wrap each potato in kitchen paper and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
2. While the potatoes cook, heat oil in a small pan and fry the onions until soft. Stir in the garlic and torn pepperoni and cook for a few minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste and add half the basil.
3. One the potatoes are ready, place on a plate, cut in half as a pocket, spoon over each potato with your sauce and a handful of cheese and the rest of the basil. Serve immediately and enjoy!