Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins
– 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry (£1.30)
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 625g mushroom, quartered (£1.75)
– 2 garlic clove, 1 finely sliced, 1 crushed
– 250g tub ricotta (£1.20)
– ¼ small pack parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped (70p)
– 50g rocket (£1)
1. Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees and place a baking sheet inside. Unroll the pastry onto a piece of baking parchment and score a border around the pastry about 1.5cm in from the edge. Place the pastry (still on the parchment) on the baking sheet and cook for 10-15 mins.
2. While the pastry bakes, heat the oil in a large lidded pan and cook the mushrooms for 2-3 mins, with the lid on, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and add the sliced garlic, then cook for 1 min more to get rid of excess liquid.
3. Mix the crushed garlic with the ricotta, then season well. Remove the pastry from the oven and carefully push down the risen centre. Spread over the ricotta mixture, then spoon on the mushrooms and garlic. Bake for 5 mins, then scatter over the parsley and rocket.