On A Budget: Mushroom, Ricotta & Rocket Tart (v)

Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins

Ingredients:

– 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry (£1.30)

– 2 tbsp olive oil

– 625g mushroom, quartered (£1.75)

– 2 garlic clove, 1 finely sliced, 1 crushed

– 250g tub ricotta (£1.20)

– ¼ small pack parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped (70p)

– 50g rocket (£1)

Total: £5.95

Instructions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees and place a baking sheet inside. Unroll the pastry onto a piece of baking parchment and score a border around the pastry about 1.5cm in from the edge. Place the pastry (still on the parchment) on the baking sheet and cook for 10-15 mins.

2. While the pastry bakes, heat the oil in a large lidded pan and cook the mushrooms for 2-3 mins, with the lid on, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and add the sliced garlic, then cook for 1 min more to get rid of excess liquid.

3. Mix the crushed garlic with the ricotta, then season well. Remove the pastry from the oven and carefully push down the risen centre. Spread over the ricotta mixture, then spoon on the mushrooms and garlic. Bake for 5 mins, then scatter over the parsley and rocket.

January 12, 2017 / 10:52 am

I absolutely love ricotta, so any recipe with that included is a winner for me! I'm so bad at cooking with mushrooms though, I always nibble on them while they're raw so only half the actual amount makes it into the recipe haha! I've bookmarked this and will definitely try it out!Abbey 😘 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      January 12, 2017 / 12:40 pm

We cook too much mushrooms but I'm not complaining as I do the same as you hahaHope you enjoy it and we'd love to see if you do make it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

2. Charlie Friend
    January 12, 2017 / 1:30 pm

This looks so munch!!! May have to try this! <3

• Food & Baker
      January 20, 2017 / 10:56 am

Please do and let us know if you love it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

3. Becca
    January 12, 2017 / 5:09 pm

Omg as soon as I opened this I was like 'where's the recipe I need it right now!!!!' Looks incredible ans I can't believe it's under £1.50 each! Amazing! Becca xx

• Food & Baker
      January 20, 2017 / 9:31 am

So glad you think so! Please do give it a try and let us know if you do!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

4. sophieannetaylor
    January 12, 2017 / 5:10 pm

This looks so yummy! But also not too unhealthy! Love how you're focusing on ease when getting ingredients and cooking it too ~ I really need to keep up with this 🙂 Thanks so much for this post! xxsophieannetaylor.blogspot.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      January 20, 2017 / 9:32 am

We're all about the simple but tasty life!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

5. Dixita
    January 12, 2017 / 5:12 pm

This perfectly fits my budget too.Amazing post

• Food & Baker
      January 20, 2017 / 9:32 am

Glad to hear it does!!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

6. Breanna Catharina
    January 12, 2017 / 5:20 pm

Ooo! This sounds yum. I would probably try it with a different veggie than mushrooms. Maybe peppers! This is a pretty spiffy budget meal though. Keep 'em coming! ❤️

• Food & Baker
      January 20, 2017 / 9:32 am

Do you not like mushrooms!?!? but peppers sound like a good shout too!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

7. Anonymous
    January 12, 2017 / 5:33 pm

I am so glad i've found your blog – I have been desperate for someone to do a budget series on recipes for so long!Im currently a student so spending the big bucks on food just can't be done. You make it all seem so simple, I WILL COOK NICE THINGS NEXT TERM!! (thanks to you aha)Emma xwww.emmalowther.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      January 20, 2017 / 9:33 am

YAY! We're so happy you found us too! So glad to help and this is exactly why we wanted to do this, it's so easy to spend so much when it comes to food but we really don't need to!!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

8. Chloe
    January 12, 2017 / 8:12 pm

Hi, sadly I can't have the ricotta but lovely be mushrooms. I will perhaps this a try with some dairy free pesto instead. Thanks for sharing, Chloe https://pinkiebag.com/ #TeacupClub

• Food & Baker
      January 20, 2017 / 10:57 am

Pesto sounds like a great alternative!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

9. Cora Linn
    January 13, 2017 / 10:03 am

Aww man this looks delicious! Think I've found the perfect snack for mother-daughter with my mum :)Cora @ Tea Party Princess

• Food & Baker
      January 20, 2017 / 9:34 am

Aww sounds lovely! Do let us know how you get on with it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

10. Victoria
    January 15, 2017 / 6:26 pm

This sounds so good!

• Food & Baker
      January 20, 2017 / 9:34 am

It was really good, even if we do say so ourselves!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

11. UK Assignments Expert Reviews - Reviews Page 4
    March 12, 2017 / 4:19 pm

This dish looks very appetizing. I liked that you added raccoon to this dish. It makes it unusual.

12. http://resume-writer.net/blog/page/8
    June 24, 2017 / 10:43 pm

Mushrooms are the best for me to eat and combine it with different food that it suits.