Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins
– 70g Brown Sugar
– 60ml Soy Sauce
– 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
– 1 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes (85p)
– 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
– 3cm fresh Ginger, grated
– 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
– 500g Beef Steak Mince (£4)
– 1 Carrot, grated
– 3 Spring Onions, thinly sliced, to serve (49p)
– 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
– Cooked Rice, for serving
1. Into a small bowl, put the sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and chilli flakes. Whisk with a fork and put to one side.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and the ginger, stir for a minute or so, until they become fragrant.
3. Add the mince and fry until it is brown, for around 3-5 minutes, breaking it up as it cooks. Stir in the soy sauce mixture, grated carrots and spring onions. Cook for a few minutes more, until it is heated through, sprinkle in the sesame seeds, stir, and serve on the heated cooked rice.