Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
– 4 Eggs (*)
– 500g long grain rice
– 1 tbsp Olive Oil
– 1 Onion, finely chopped
– 180g Oak-smoked Lardons (£1.30)
– 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
– Handful fresh Parsley, roughly chopped (70p)
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the eggs for 6-8 minutes. Drain and cool in running cold water, then peel and quarter. Cook the rice following the pack instructions.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onion and lardons for 5 minutes, until just becoming golden. Stir in the cayenne pepper and cook for a minute.
3. Stir through the cooked rice and serve topped with the quartered eggs and fresh chopped parsley.