Afternoon Tea: Truly Scrumptious with Talking Tables

Remember from our Halloween post, we were in contact with TalkingTables and there was more to just the Halloween goodies we received. As you know, we are big fans of Afternoon Tea and since our last one we had in Chester, that we hosted for the Baker family, Rochelle and I decided to collaborate together in making our own Afternoon Tea, all made from scratch – so nothing shop bought (well 99%), as she is such a good baker and we’re all about food!

We received everything down to their Table Cover* to their Spiral Cake Stand* to complete our very own Afternoon Tea session – just look at this range, how could one resist?

Just look at those Paper Plates*, these were a favourite to Rochelle as she complimented the amazing quality and the detail of design, as well as being paired with these Scalloped Edge Napkins*.

We decided to go with the classic filled sandwiches, which I won’t explain how we did them, as the names are all pretty much self explanatory:

– Tuna and Cucumber
– Ham Salad
– Salmon and Cream Cheese
– Egg and Mayo

and these were placed on our own ceramic Afternoon Tea stand. We also made these jelly cups, which we will be sharing on how we created them during our VlogmasBlogmas 😉

We used the Small Plates* to serve the shop bought (this is the 1%) olives, cheese and dried tomatoes, which obviously I couldn’t have made anyway in such a short amount of time. But anyway, when I opened these, I originally thought they spelt out EAT, but it made more sense to spell TEA, you could even do ATE, anyway, we thought it was really interesting.

The Lampshade Lights* were definitely the cherry on top of the cake, I decided to display them across the table, which gave it more life and complimented everything else that was already placed on the table.

Personally, my absolute favourite item of them all were Paper Lanterns*, the struggle was real trying to find a fitting place to hang them, but if there is a will, there’s a way! We hung them over the table, just like in the picture provided, all hanging from different length and even now that the Afternoon Tea is over, we have left it in the dining room to hang forever (or until it falls, as it’s hanging with tape)

Placed on the Spiral Cake Stand* were Rochelle’s homemade Malteser cupcakes, along with some cute Nutella swirls – she even made our scones from scratch too, which placed at the bottom and again with the 1% shop bought jam and clotted cream.

Their Cups* were super cute, with lovely colours and designs, as well as using those, we also used shop bought plastic champagne glasses for our Rose mixed with lemonade. Funnily enough, there was no tea involved in this Afternoon Tea!

The only item with didn’t use for this occasion was the Fabric Bunting* as we felt there were enough decorations, but it will sure not be going to waste, as I’m sure this will not be the last of our homemade Afternoon Tea sessions.

This amazing Afternoon Tea wouldn’t have been possible without the help of TalkingTables, so if you’re in need of some party, birthday, even wedding decorations – they will not disappoint! Thank you TalkingTables for making this happen!

*These were sent to us for review, but all photos and opinion are our own

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | BlogLovin’

1. Emma Langlands
    November 21, 2016 / 5:04 pm

Oh wow!! Love this, making me hungry! Love the lanterns!! xox

• Food & Baker
      November 28, 2016 / 10:59 am

The lanterns are super cute aren't they!? Thanks for reading and commenting☺️💓

2. Hazel Merrick-Miller
    November 21, 2016 / 5:07 pm

I am so hungry. Can I just reach through the screen and grab one of those sandwiches? I like how you cut the crusts off hehe. Lovely lanterns!Hazel – http://www.fleurcharms.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      November 28, 2016 / 11:00 am

I only we made enough to have invited you all! Haha it just seemed right to do so!Thanks for reading and commenting☺️💓

3. sophieannetaylor
    November 21, 2016 / 5:10 pm

This is so adorable! I'm currently waiting for my dinner so am starving right now! Also I really want to do my own one too, would be a lovely thing to do before Christmas as opposed to a boozy night out <3Thanks for sharing how you did this in fine detail- although I agree no need to explain the sandwiches 😉 lovely post xx sophieannetaylor.blogspot.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      November 28, 2016 / 11:01 am

Aww thank you! Glad you enjoyed the post and it is defo a great alternative to a night out!Thanks for reading and commenting☺️💓

4. Lizzie ♥
    November 21, 2016 / 5:19 pm

Oh my gosh I have such a soft spot for afternoon tea – especially when they are served on pretty plates! You've done so well in your setup 😀 everything looks yummy! Lizzie Bee // mysticthorn.com

• Food & Baker
      November 28, 2016 / 11:02 am

We love Afternoon Tea, there's just something so cute and fancy about it that I love!Thanks for reading and commenting☺️💓

5. Marikah Blank
    November 21, 2016 / 6:09 pm

Your posts always have me hungry in class🙈 I'm not a tea lover like that, but I'm digging this post!

• Food & Baker
      November 28, 2016 / 11:02 am

Well there's no actual tea found in ours! We're all about the rosé and lemonade hahaThanks for reading and commenting☺️💓

November 22, 2016 / 6:11 pm

Omg guys! This is so elaborate – when I first clicked on the post I was expecting this to have taken place in a fancy tea shop! I have seen lots of bloggers working with Talking Tables and I've been so impressed each time, you've selected some gorgeous products! That bunting is especially lovely! I think I spy some delicious Wensleydale & Cranberries and sundried tomatoes in your final picture which are big winners with me! Thanks for sharing this!Abbey 😻 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      November 28, 2016 / 11:07 am

Aww thank you so so much! That is truly a compliment especially bcus I thought it would have been justified enough – the products are amazing but the location (my house) is rubbish hahaThanks for reading and commenting☺️💓

7. Francesca Nelson
    November 23, 2016 / 12:04 pm

Oh my goodness this is so cute!! afternoon tea is my favourite thing and this just looks so cute! Talking tables does some amazing stuff I love all the bits you've been sent so far, this paper plates are beautiful!!! And the patterns on the lanterns are gorgeous!! Well done guys for creating such a beautiful afternoon tea experience at home!!!

• Food & Baker
      November 28, 2016 / 11:08 am

All the products are amazing, the designs and quality is winning! Can't go wrong with some Afternoon Tea at home! Thanks for reading and commenting☺️💓