Last night we had the pleasure to be invited to my best friend’s house, Rochelle, who is one talented baker. As well as helping us bake this delicious treat, we was also fed Paella for dinner and a fun evening of games!
A while ago, we had received some Mr Tom nuts* and had given the challenge to create a recipe including this nut bar, there was so many things we could make, but we thought we would try something we hadn’t made before, Blondies. These were a big hit within both our families, so if you’re a big peanut butter fan, trust me, you’ll love these!
– 170g unsalted butter
– 225g plain flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 salt
– 2 Mr Tom nut bar*
– 2 lg free-range eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 2 tbsp honey
– 280g light soft brown sugar
– 4 super big spoonfuls peanut butter
1. Pre-heat your over to 180 degrees. Prep your square cake tin, spray oil/rub butter on the sides and place baking paper at the bottom.
2. Melt your butter in a pan over a medium heat, then pour into a heatproof bowl. Set to the side to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine your flour, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl. Set to the side. In another bowl, combine your eggs, honey and vanilla.
4. Go back to your melted butter and combine your soft brown sugar, then add your egg mixture.
5. Then combine your dry ingredients and add your broken Mr Tom nut bar*, using a spatular to fold in the mixture together.
6. Pour mixture into your cake tin, place some extra Mr Tom nuts* on top and play into the over to baker for 20-25 minutes.
7. Cut into squares and enjoy!
*PR Sample – all photos and view are our own
As you may or may not know, we have been shortlisted for the BEST FOOD BLOG on the #bloggersblogawards on Wednesday 17th August 2016, if you love what we do and truly believe we are worth your one vote, please vote for us here – voting ends Sunday 18th September 2016.
Thank you to everyone who had nominated us, we are truly grateful, we hope you continue to join our in our adventures.