– 4 potatoes
– 4 tablespoons salted butter
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 4 slices thick cut bacon
– 8 cheddar cheese, sliced
– 1/2 cup of sour cream
– 4 whole green onions, chopped
– Jalapeños (optional)
– Guacamole (optional)
– Hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Slice the potatoes thinly without cutting all the way through the bottom. Place the potatoes on a prepared baking sheet.
3. Rub the garlic on the insides of the slices and then stuff the sliced butter between a few of the cuts. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
4. Bake until crispy on the top and tender in the middle, about 1 hour.
5. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
6. Remove the potatoes from the oven and stuff the slices of cheese in between a few of the slits. Grate any remaining cheese and sprinkle it over top of the potatoes. Sprinkle on the bacon. Return the potatoes to the oven until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
7. Assemble the toppings and remove the potatoes from the oven. Top with with sour cream and green onions. Add any remaining topping as desired!