Event: Foodies Festival @ Alexandra Palace, London

This day has been long in the planning as we spotted it on Twitter after hearing it was the biggest, and arguably best food festival in the UK. It was a very good job that we waited a little to buy our entry tickets though, as we received the good news last week that we have won tickets! They were won with foodfestivalfinder.co.uk.

The festival has been taking place throughout the Bank Holiday weekend, but after having a packed Saturday and Sunday, we had a lazy morning before heading out to enjoy the fabulous sunshine, great vibes, and most importantly, some outstanding food!

We started there with a walk around, checking out the options and constantly finding ourselves saying ooh, ahh at almost every stall, tent and truck that we passed. We picked our favourites to come back to later in the day. Our first purchase however came at ‘Twist a Chip,’ which is literally what it says  – chips with a twist! We shared and chose the topping of barbecue – an excellent start!

This was like a side-dish, so we both hunted down the perfect main course, I, James going for the Ribeye ‘Manwhiche’ at ‘Boys Meat Grill,’ and Jessica having the aromatic duck, prawn and chive, and spiced pork ‘Ugly Dumplings.’

Before we came we stumbled across an advert for HelloFresh, a food delivery service that will package together each and every ingredient for nutritious meals every week. The lady at the stand explained how everything works and gave us a a healthy discount on our first two orders with them. It seemed like a fantastic concept and we can’t wait for our first delivery which will be arriving next Sunday. The box will contain ingredients for 3 meals for the both of us. It has come at a great time as we are definitely looking to cook more at home in September.

Dessert came in the form of a ‘Bad Kat’ (Kit Kat) brownie from ‘Bad Brownie,’ and Jessica had her regular craving of strawberries and cream. The brownie business had been on Dragon’s Den back in January, so we will try and check out that episode now. Both desserts were fantastic!

We took away with us some Carrington’s Chilli Cup sauce, Candy Kittens sweets, and 4 bags of Tyrells – these came in a combo deal for just £5 so will last Jessica for the next day or so! She does love her crisps!

Upon entrance we were pointed towards the registration stand which was booking people into cooking and baking demonstrations that were taking place throughout the day. We chose the Burlesque Baker (it wasn’t what you’re thinking!) But Charlotte White did teach us the art of cake fondants and decoration. It tasted great too!

To end we enjoyed the late afternoon sun with some ciders and live jazz music – just perfect! Today we have taken the opportunity to hand out some of our business cards and get chatting to the people on the stands and stalls. It was great to meet so many friendly, food-loving people, and we will definitely be looking out for more festivals to attend from now on.

VLOG IS NOW LIVE

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube

As you may or may not know, we have been shortlisted for the BEST FOOD BLOG on the #bloggersblogawards on Wednesday 17th August 2016, if you love what we do and truly believe we are worth your one vote, please vote for us here – voting ends Sunday 18th September 2016.

Thank you to everyone who had nominated us, we are truly grateful, we hope you continue to join our in our adventures.

1. Becki
    September 1, 2016 / 9:47 am

Aww it looks like you had a lovely time! I tried twist a chip at Isle of Wight festival a couple of years ago and that brownie looks amazing!!Becki | http://www.primeanddine.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      September 1, 2016 / 10:20 am

It was a really lovely day! Really want to try make the twist a chip ourselves! Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

2. Rachel Abbie
    September 1, 2016 / 12:52 pm

That Twist-a-chip looks amazing! I want one!Rachelcreativityandcrazy.blogspot.com

• Food & Baker
      September 1, 2016 / 2:42 pm

It's so cool isn't it!?Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

• Food & Baker
      September 2, 2016 / 10:34 am

I know right, if only I could have eaten it all!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

3. JessBethan
    September 1, 2016 / 4:11 pm

Oh my gosh this has made me so hungry! That brownie in particular looks lovely! Xx

• Food & Baker
      September 2, 2016 / 10:37 am

It was everything you'd want and more! Soft and crunchy!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

4. Becca Jayne
    September 1, 2016 / 4:27 pm

That Kit Kat brownie looks so good! It seems like you had lots of fun, great post and great pictures X

• Food & Baker
      September 2, 2016 / 10:45 am

It was amazing! Such a great afternoon, thank you!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

5. Bethany Jane
    September 1, 2016 / 4:29 pm

This looks like it was so much fun! I'm in love with that Pimms stand, it's so cool! But now I'd kill for that twist-a-chip and/or that brownie, looks so good!Beth x http://www.adventureandanxiety.com

• Food & Baker
      September 2, 2016 / 10:46 am

I know right, it was super cute! Although I didn't even end up having a PIMMs but it was defo the first thing I noticed when we walked in!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

6. Rabiah A
    September 1, 2016 / 4:30 pm

One reason why I would so go to Foodies Festival is because of the desserts, and junk foods! I mean who can say no to desserts or sweet food <3 The photographs definitely looks great and yummy! Rabiah amourvitaa.blogspot.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      September 2, 2016 / 10:47 am

Exactly, you can't ever go wrong with going to a food festival!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

7. Sophie Robinson
    September 1, 2016 / 6:20 pm

Ohhhh seriously I always get such food envy reading your blog!! The ugly dumplings looked gross when I first saw the pic, haha! But actually I SO would have gone for that option too!! I LOVE duck, I really want some dumplings now! That's so cool you won tickets also! Yum, kit kat brownie!! XXwww.sopherina.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      September 2, 2016 / 10:48 am

Hahhahah I see what you mean, I scrolled up to look at that picture again but I promise it was sooooo good! I know, we was so lucky, sometimes being lazy helps hahaThank you for reading and commenting☺️💓