Afternoon Tea: Hello Kitty Themed, Cutter & Squidge – Soho, London

Where do I even begin, for the love of Hello Kitty, this has been a seriously long awaited experience. From the moment Jessica found out there was going to be a hello kitty afternoon tea pop up – there was no chance we was going to miss it – of course with something like this you had to book in advance – and that we did, about 2 months ago!

This pop up, as far as I know is only available until August and started in June – please believe that I booked this date within a few days of knowing, why in July you may ask – well it was the earliest available date on the weekend we could get. Crazy right? But so understandable, Hello Kitty is simply a classic and will never go old and I’ll never be too old for Hello Kitty.

Our booking was at 5pm, but we arrived a tad bit early and was told to take a seat while they get our table ready – that was not a problem as the place itself is so visually pretty and with all the HelloKitty  merchandise, I was not bored.

Just before seating, we were welcomed with the start of our afternoon tea experience, pink lemonade with a cute straw with the hello kitty bow.

As you go down the stairs, you are to pass a few instagramable pictures: Hello Kitty changing light, a tree out of Hello Kitty teddies and the whole wall of London Hello Kitty, not to mention the Hello Kitty shaped bush, all of that before entering an indoor secret garden, decorated with more hello kitty and garden looking vines.

As we were seated, we were explained the menu on the table and what teas were available at the back: I, Jessica chose the Limited Hello Kitty apple pie tea, of course and James chose the Lychee and peach tea (which I’ve had before in previous visit here) which was topped up regularly.

As you can see from the pictures, this afternoon tea was presented in a Chinese dim sum type of way. There was 5 sections to this, you can find everything listed in the second picture above! All which you can top up and order more – we even took some to take away, as there was one piece I didn’t eat and ordered extra because you can’t leave without a biskie!!

Overall, this has been one of the best and different afternoon tea experiences we’ve had, there is no fault to mention, the service was amazing and the food was outstanding! If you have a sweet tooth, this is for you! Love hello kitty? This is defiantly for you!

Food: ★★★★★

Customer service: ★★★★★

Atmosphere: ★★★★

Toilets: ★★

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube

1. kayleigh Zara
    July 18, 2016 / 4:02 pm

This is amazing! I love the look of everything, such a shame about the booking it'll probably end up sold out and I'd love to have gone! Great post girl X

• Food & Baker
      July 19, 2016 / 12:49 pm

It was honestly amazing!! I say it's still worth a try, it could be more flexible now but you never know unless you try!! Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

2. Caitlin Crawford
    July 18, 2016 / 4:04 pm

WOW! Amazing photos of this magical hello kitty experience! I want to try this so bad everything is so adorable I don't even know if I could eat it! Great photography! Thanks for sharing, love from boilersuitbabe.com x

• Food & Baker
      July 19, 2016 / 12:50 pm

Oh thank you, that was the first thing I said "it's too cute, I don't think I'll want to eat it!" But oh boy does it taste good as it looks!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

3. Alex Landers
    July 18, 2016 / 4:05 pm

This is so freaking adorable!!! Jealous!-Alex | onecriticalbitch.com

• Food & Baker
      July 19, 2016 / 12:50 pm

Isn't it just!? Would do it all over again! Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

4. Sophie Robinson
    July 18, 2016 / 4:07 pm

Oh my god this looks unreal!! I love your guys posts! I love how the food was served and the sandwiches look adorable! PS Peach and Lychee tea sounds uhhhhmazing! XXwww.sopherina.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      July 19, 2016 / 12:51 pm

I know right, it just looks too good to eat!! Ugh, but oh how amazing it was!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

5. Rabiah A
    July 18, 2016 / 4:10 pm

wow, this look stunning. and just by the pictures and everything it sure does sound like an amazing experience <3 i adore the way they served the food, super chic and lovable! Rabiahamourvitaa.blogspot.co.uk

• Food & Baker
      July 19, 2016 / 12:52 pm

It was for sure one of the best afternoon tea experiences we've had so far!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

6. Pandora Pip
    July 18, 2016 / 4:14 pm

Oh wow this looks like such a fun and magical experience! And those cakes & drinks look so scrummy, makes me so hungry haha I hope I can get the chance to experience something like this; and I love the effort that was gone to at the event, it makes it so special and I'm glad it was near perfect! xohttp://curiouslilpandora.blogspot.co.uk/

• Food & Baker
      July 19, 2016 / 12:53 pm

Magical is a good word to describe this! Oh yes near perfect it was! Pls do try and find an experience like this – you will not regret it!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

• Food & Baker
      July 19, 2016 / 12:55 pm

This is the first hello kitty afternoon tea pop up in Europe I'd like to believe! Where are you from?Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓

7. Anonymous
    July 18, 2016 / 4:36 pm

Why didn't you fly me out to go with you??? This looks so sweet and fun. I can't say I wouldn't have stolen a set of those cups and plates, honestly. Sooo adorable. I'm glad you two had a great time. It sounds like it was dreamy and delicious. XOXOBreanna Catharinasmile–sugar.com

• Food & Baker
      July 19, 2016 / 12:59 pm

Oh we're sorry! Next time!! OMG yes pls come! That would be so much fun! Oh I know right! Too adorable!Thank you for reading and commenting☺️💓